Imagine how good Abe would be

thenfl

(1/7/2008)
You mean someone like Patrick Kerney , runner up to defensive player of the year. Or maybe Big Grady plugging the middle for Jacksonville. Both mistakes for letting them go. It was sad sitting watching the playoffs with ex Falcons on the teams.

Why exactly was Jackson released? The reason given was complete BS. Kerney did have a great year he is a little over rated but still he is a good NFL player but the Falcons simply did not want to pay him for some reason.

(1/7/2008)
You mean someone like Patrick Kerney , runner up to defensive player of the year. Or maybe Big Grady plugging the middle for Jacksonville. Both mistakes for letting them go. It was sad sitting watching the playoffs with ex Falcons on the teams.

i was extremely happy for those guys because they were'nt going no where with the falcons at the end of the year

(1/7/2008)

I beg to differ on Grady. Although he may be a beast in the middle, he wasn't playing to Zimmer's scheme which called for the NT to take up blockers so that the LB'ers could fill the gaps. Trey Lewis was a perfect fit for Zimmer's scheme until hhe got hurt. The defense was playing way better when Lewis was in there. Grady's freelancing allowed linemen to get upfield and take the lb'ers out of the picture.

Vicious (1/7/2008)
(1/7/2008)

I beg to differ on Grady. Although he may be a beast in the middle, he wasn't playing to Zimmer's scheme which called for the NT to take up blockers so that the LB'ers could fill the gaps. Trey Lewis was a perfect fit for Zimmer's scheme until hhe got hurt. The defense was playing way better when Lewis was in there. Grady's freelancing allowed linemen to get upfield and take the lb'ers out of the picture.

were'nt the falcons giving up less pts. per game with grady in?

consistentfalcon (1/7/2008)
Vicious (1/7/2008)
(1/7/2008)

were'nt the falcons giving up less pts. per game with grady in?

I know teams were gashing us with the running game with Grady in. We did better on D when everyone on the line was healthy. When Coleman and Lewis went down, so did the D.

Do you know this for a fact? Or are you going by what the front office and then coaching staff said were the reasons Grady was let go?

Has ANYONE from the front office or coaching staff backed this up since Petirno left in the middle of the night?

Dr John Zoidberg (1/7/2008)

Do you know this for a fact? Or are you going by what the front office and then coaching staff said were the reasons Grady was let go?

Has ANYONE from the front office or coaching staff backed this up since Petirno left in the middle of the night?

Has anyone came out and said otherwise? Nope.

So that means no.

No one has addressed this.

And why wouldn't the front office want to bring this back up and admit they screwed up when they hired Petirno? Why wouldn't they want to remind everyone how they cut Grady mid season after signing him to an extension in the off-season? Why wouldn't they want to admit that since he was a vet and we cut him mid season his entire salary for the season was guarenteed?

Sorry but I never believed that was the reason they cut him outright. Why didn't they just bench him instead? Probably because we had a college head coach at the time that doesn't know how the NFL works.

thenfl (1/7/2008)
bush (1/7/2008)
You overlooked that we didnt have an interior pass rush to help John Abraham and Jamaal Anderson, so they were both doubled almost all the time.

The tackles played solid certainly not as bad as Anderson

The tackles didnt play they were hurt so how does that work?

Dr John Zoidberg (1/7/2008)

So that means no.

No one has addressed this.

And why wouldn't the front office want to bring this back up and admit they screwed up when they hired Petirno? Why wouldn't they want to remind everyone how they cut Grady mid season after signing him to an extension in the off-season? Why wouldn't they want to admit that since he was a vet and we cut him mid season his entire salary for the season was guarenteed?

Sorry but I never believed that was the reason they cut him outright. Why didn't they just bench him instead? Probably because we had a college head coach at the time that doesn't know how the NFL works.

Now why they didn't keep him around for depth puzzles me but we'll have to agree to disagree about him in Zimmer's scheme.

ballin in atl (1/7/2008)
Why exactly was Jackson released? The reason given was complete BS. Kerney did have a great year he is a little over rated but still he is a good NFL player but the Falcons simply did not want to pay him for some reason.

they didnt want to pay him because he had been playing like garbage

Probably because he sued the Falcons and settled outa court with a contract for almost double the money and a few years. Not to mention after that was all done he reportedly was causing problems in the locker room at halftime in various games "Basically saying I am gonna get paid let me go and you'll have to pay me anyway because of our settlement we reached that basically says you have to pay my contract regardless".

It wasn't because "they didn't want to pay him", it was "because he wanted to get paid and did for nothing".

ballin in atl (1/7/2008)

they didnt want to pay him because he had been playing like garbage

when during the 7 games he missed due to injury? he was no worse than a solid player and was very good at times.

A torn chest is not a serious injury at all too.

thenfl (1/7/2008)
(1/7/2008)

You truly dont know know ##### about football or the falcons....Kerney wanted to leave, and refused to have contract talks....and Abe wasnt good because coleman was hurt all year...and jackson was released. It had nothing to do with Anderson...if you NOTICE...ENDS are on opp. sides....so double teams are drawn on abe from the left and right side guards....and for the right DT.....same for the other end and tackle....HAD NOTHING to do with Anderson...you should brush up on football knowledge and know wtf you are talking about....when posting. You have limited football knowledge and you can tell.