Jim Caldwell

denimjacket

denimjacket (1/7/2008)
I personally think better candidates are available. Just my opinion!

Ever since I found out that Mr. Blank was going to interview Jim Caldwell I have been wanting him to be hired. He has more experience than Jason Garrett, even though Garrett is an offensive coordinator and Caldwell is more or less a spectator, watching Manning shred defenses like cheese. All of that being said I like his demeanor, and the character that he possesses on the field and I like that Manning and Dungy recommended him.

BigBird (1/7/2008)
denimjacket (1/7/2008)

Ever since I found out that Mr. Blank was going to interview Jim Caldwell I have been wanting him to be hired. He has more experience than Jason Garrett, even though Garrett is an offensive coordinator and Caldwell is more or less a spectator, watching Manning shred defenses like cheese. All of that being said I like his demeanor, and the character that he possesses on the field and I like that Manning and Dungy recommended him.

This reminds me of Cameron in SD. Did Cam make the O or did the talent he have?

Does Manning/the talent on the Colts O make Caldwell or vice versa? I don't dislike Caldwell but he makes me leery.

At first when I was introduced to this guy I was extremely ecstatic. Dungy says he is a superb candidate and Manning raved about him. Those are two great recommendations. Now fans on here are slowing moving away from him and toward Singeltary. To be honest as long as the Falcons dont make another bonehead move like Petrino I will be happy. As long as majority of the fans are happy I am happy!

BigBird (1/7/2008)
denimjacket (1/7/2008)

if caldwell was more or less a spectator, than i want a interview to become the next coach of the falcons cause i watch manning on sundays also. of course manning and dungy are going to recomend caldwell, he is there friend and they want to see him do well. i wouldnt be crazy about hiring caldwell cause i feel better candidates are available.

denimjacket (1/7/2008)
BigBird (1/7/2008)
denimjacket (1/7/2008)

I definitely see where you are coming from and I ain't gonna lie to you no matter who Arthur Blank and whomever the GM is hires it's going to be a shot in the dark so to speak regardless of which assistant we choose, whether it's Caldwell, Singletary, Garrett, McDaniels or the next guy in line. I just think you can't go wrong getting a guy from a winning organization like the Colts. In my mind it's like a draft choice, if you pick the guy that all the experts tell you is right and he fails to produce in 3 years in the league then no one can say I told you so.

This reminds me of Cameron in SD. Did Cam make the O or did the talent he have?

Does Manning/the talent on the Colts O make Caldwell or vice versa? I don't dislike Caldwell but he makes me leery.