Fellas Don't Get Mad, But I Have A Question To Ask Each Of You

In YOUR opinion, what will be the tell-tell sign or an indication that Arthur Blank might be consider taking Vick back? (i.e. not cutting him from the roster)

or

What would Vick have to do for you to forgive him and/or accept him back in the NFL or on the team. (e.g. take a huge paycut, play for league min. or nothing)

Do you think it will depend on the next GM and/or HC?

Serve his debt to society. Keep his nose out of trouble from here on out. Pay back every penny the Falcons are suing for since an arbitrator ruled he violated his contract. That would then allow the Falcons to use that added cap space to fill holes on our roster, to make our team better. And then he would have to take a paycut to play for league minimum (ala Ricky Williams) for the duration of the years left on his contract. If he can do all that, welcome back Vick.

Robert Miller (1/7/2008)
In YOUR opinion, what will be the tell-tell sign or an indication that Arthur Blank might be consider taking Vick back? (i.e. not cutting him from the roster)

or

What would Vick have to do for you to forgive him and/or accept him back in the NFL or on the team. (e.g. take a huge paycut, play for league min. or nothing)

Tell tell sign was when he said on MNF that the Falcons have closed the book with their relationship with Michael Vick.

Forgive him--after he serves his time.

Accepting him back in he NFL-after he pays back the 22 million and serves his suspension. Accepting him back on the Falcons--NEVER

Robert Miller (1/7/2008)

or

In my opinion he's gone and there's no returning for him. That BETTER be the case, anyway.

If Vick is not released by September....that would be a tell tell sign that Blank may hold onto him and give another chance.....

For the fans....Vick has betrayed the Falcons organization, teammates, and fans. Immediate forgiveness will not occur with many fans. Vick will have to show with time, that he will be a team player and stay out of trouble. With time and staying out of trouble, Vick can be forgiven. I personally don't have a problem with him being back in the NFL. I just don't want him in a Falcons uniform any longer. I have had enough of the B.S. I wish him the best and hope that he corrects his behavior...but somewhere else.

Another factor with keeping him....Vick will still be on probation. The first time he slips up, then what? He is too much of a risk to keep on the team. We have been through it once with him, we do not need to go thru the B.S. again with him. It is time to move on without him.

Blank will do whatever it takes to please the fans. If the fans show enough demand, he will supply it. He's not cut Vick because of the salary cap situation and the bonus money.

Vick must show change of character. He must prove that he cares for this team and his own future. i'm saying 180 degree turn around. Loving the Atlanta Fans, doing extra curricular stuff in the community, and great work habits will be a start.

If he takes a pay cut to come back, I would welcome him back. It'll put fans back in the seats and it'll truly show America as a country of compassionate people who believe in second chances.

After serving whatever time he has to serve, if he behaves himself afterwards then he has done what he needs to in my mind to play in the NFL.

He might be an adequate Backup QB somewhere. Or he could possibly try one of the skill positions that require speed.

I don't think he should ever play for the Falcons again.

Robert Miller (1/7/2008)

or

well, Arthur showed his hand in an interview pior to our last Monday night football game (vs. Saints) this season. He said and I quote "I learned to never say never" Then he added a couple of conditional statements that would signify Vick's return "if he stay off the 'Fried Chicken' and keep in shape..."

Robert Miller (1/7/2008)

or

Press conference as far as the sign goes.

Vick should serve 23 months (whether in prison or combo of prison and NFL suspension), pay back the money that was awarded to the Falcons and at that point be able to play again if a team is willing to take the risk.

I think the fact that we are where we are because of his actions and lying to everyone involved with this team is a bit too much to stomach. I understand that some of the players are his friend or whatever but that also doesn't change the fact that he'd be someone very hard to trust after lying to everyone like that...

emack06redux (1/7/2008)
Robert Miller (1/7/2008)

or

well, Arthur showed his hand in an interview pior to our last Monday night football game (vs. Saints) this season. He said and I quote "I learned to never say never" Then he added a couple of conditional statements that would signify Vick's return "if he stay off the 'Fried Chicken' and keep in shape..."

So many people are forgetting the true statement that leaves no doubt. What you have said leaves it open for speculation.

He also said "The Falcons have closed the book on our relationship with Michael Vick".

pzummo (1/7/2008)
Serve his debt to society. Keep his nose out of trouble from here on out. Pay back every penny the Falcons are suing for since an arbitrator ruled he violated his contract. That would then allow the Falcons to use that added cap space to fill holes on our roster, to make our team better. And then he would have to take a paycut to play for league minimum (ala Ricky Williams) for the duration of the years left on his contract. If he can do all that, welcome back Vick.
That's a helluva post pzummo....Under those conditions I wouldn't have a problem with him coming back.
gritblitzer (1/7/2008)
pzummo (1/7/2008)
That's a helluva post pzummo....Under those conditions I wouldn't have a problem with him coming back.

Maybe as a running back or reciever, but not as a quarter back.

The Kid with the Golden Arm (1/8/2008)
Vick just needs to come back and be fully committed to helping us win. That means keeping his nose clean and working on his craft. I've already forgiven him for his transgressions. Besides, I'm not a Falcons snob. I can acknowledge that we are a better team with him than without him.

I agree. Arthur Blank is a wealthy business man and if he gets a green light from Roger Goodell and can forecast that he will be even more wealthier bringing Michael Vick back, he will do it.

Fan7 (1/8/2008)
The Kid with the Golden Arm (1/8/2008)
Vick just needs to come back and be fully committed to helping us win. That means keeping his nose clean and working on his craft. I've already forgiven him for his transgressions. Besides, I'm not a Falcons snob. I can acknowledge that we are a better team with him than without him.

I agree. Arthur Blank is a wealthy business man and if he gets a green light from Roger Goodell and can forecast that he will be even more wealthier bringing Michael Vick back, he will do it.

newbigmap.jpg