Derek Anderson: Would you like to see him in a Falcons Uniform?

Brownsfan8

Being a Browns fan, I've watched Derek Anderson lead one of the league's most exciting offenses this season, and I was wondering if any of you would like to see him wearing Black and Red next year. I think he's just beginning his rise to stardom and wondered how you valued him. 29 TD's. 10 Wins. Great QB.

Brownsfan8 (1/7/2008)
Being a Browns fan, I've watched Derek Anderson lead one of the league's most exciting offenses this season, and I was wondering if any of you would like to see him wearing Black and Red next year. I think he's just beginning his rise to stardom and wondered how you valued him. 29 TD's. 10 Wins. Great QB.

Yep sure would via free agency....not worth a 1st round pick......1 good year, where actually the last 5 games he looked pretty bad....

triggerman (1/7/2008)
the Browns finally have a franchise qb, and the browies fans are looking to see if they can get rid of him? I think y'all would deal brady before anderson, but in all actuality Brady might be the new Aaron Rogers........sitiin and waitin!!

I can't agree with you more. I cannot understand why some fans are looking to dump him. However, I just wanted to see how a team with a lack of a good QB valued him.

id love to have him, he's much better than any of the qb's in the draft. Ive seen some people here say he's unproven because he only had one good year, but thats one more good year than ryan, brohm, woodson, brennan, and dixon combined. (we can even throw quinn into that group it we want.) This guy has a great arm, is confident in the pocket, and isnt afraid to make any throw. he reminds me a little bit of bledsoe when he was younger, only DA can move a little better.

johnson_to_finneran (1/7/2008)
id love to have him, he's much better than any of the qb's in the draft. Ive seen some people here say he's unproven because he only had one good year, but thats one more good year than ryan, brohm, woodson, brennan, and dixon combined. (we can even throw quinn into that group it we want.) This guy has a great arm, is confident in the pocket, and isnt afraid to make any throw. he reminds me a little bit of bledsoe when he was younger, only DA can move a little better.

But his last 5 games he was terrible.....his td to int ration was 1-2.....and he completed only 54% of his passes....im not saying he isnt a good qb....but hes not great.....or worthy of taking a complete gamble on him......id be more willing to take a gamble on Quinn Gray from the Jags....2007 80 for 144 986yds 55.6% 10tds 5ints 85.6 rat. FOR A THIRD STRINGER IN HIS FOURTH YEAR....this guy IS the next David Garrard IF NOT better...hes got a cannon.....just needs to work on accuracy....and hes mobile.

Saying Quinn Gray is as good as Anderson is a joke. period. When Gray wasnt playing mop up earlier in the season, he looked average at best. Dont forget to tell both sides of the story.

Anderson had bad stats over the last for games, but they are inflated BIG time by his one bad game against CIN, and the game against BUF. News flash, no QB would have done any better in that game, it was rediculous.

And for the original question, yes I would like to have Anderson on the Falcons (as a Falcons fan). But as a Browns fan I would hate to see him go since he is the first QB to look great since the early 90s. I still think Quinn could be better than Anderson, but I dont think Anderson is going anywhere unless some team pays big. CLE can always franchise and trade him next year if they want. They have a rough schedule this year, and if they want playoffs they might want to stay away from a fresh face @ QB.

I would love to get Anderson for a 2nd this year and a 2nd in 09. We would still have a pick (or more) in each of the rounds, and a top tier QB that has earned his stripes in the NFL.

1989fan (1/7/2008)
Saying Quinn Gray is as good as Anderson is a joke. period. When Gray wasnt playing mop up earlier in the season, he looked average at best. Dont forget to tell both sides of the story.

Anderson had bad stats over the last for games, but they are inflated BIG time by his one bad game against CIN, and the game against BUF. News flash, no QB would have done any better in that game, it was rediculous.

And for the original question, yes I would like to have Anderson on the Falcons (as a Falcons fan). But as a Browns fan I would hate to see him go since he is the first QB to look great since the early 90s. I still think Quinn could be better than Anderson, but I dont think Anderson is going anywhere unless some team pays big. CLE can always franchise and trade him next year if they want. They have a rough schedule this year, and if they want playoffs they might want to stay away from a fresh face @ QB.

I would love to get Anderson for a 2nd this year and a 2nd in 09. We would still have a pick (or more) in each of the rounds, and a top tier QB that has earned his stripes in the NFL.

Come on guys....never said Gray was better right now....i am saying Gray is the best bargain for the price he will come at as oppose to what DA will cost, when i still feel he is unproven. And Grays 4 Tds came against Starters of Houston who has something to play for......their first NON LOSING SEASON.....Gray played great. And might i remind you Gray did a great job filling in for Garrard....winning 2 out of 3......with one of the losses solely on the Defense in NO....when gray still put up 28 points.

Brownsfan8 (1/7/2008)

I'd like him or Quinn . I think Quinn will be even better , But I want your OC for a Head Coach also . Can you throw him in ??? :w00t:

samuel brooks (1/7/2008)
i'd pass on him we have shockley who i think will be better than anderson if given chance but he is better than harrington and leftwich. i think any moves will depend on gm and hc when we hire them

Yep very intelligent to even post that....for a guy who has seen action in only preseason games...and not reason faced any #1 defenses.....great....bravo very, intelligent statement there....comparing Shockley to a guy who led a 10-6 team almost to the playoffs....

Draftnut57 (1/7/2008)

I'd like him or Quinn . I think Quinn will be even better , But I want your OC for a Head Coach also . Can you throw him in ??? :w00t:

the Chud is a great young offensive mind. It might be a little early for him to be a HC, this is his first season as a co-ordinator. But I guess that hasnt stopped Garrett from being the sexy name this offseason.

I really like CLE offensive style. They play big play football, and attack defenses.

Draftnut57 (1/7/2008)
Brownsfan8 (1/7/2008)

Read ESPN they signed him to an extension this morning.

Shaunn Lobo (1/7/2008)
Draftnut57 (1/7/2008)
Brownsfan8 (1/7/2008)

Read ESPN they signed him to an extension this morning.

:sick: