Off the top of my head, there are 11 reasons NOT to pick Darren McFadden with a top 5 pick

Headshot

Headshot (1/7/2008)
1. Jonathan Stewart

2. Rashard Mendenhall

3. Felix Jones

4. Jamaal Charles

5. Chris Johnson

6. Kevin Smith

7. Ray Rice

8. Mike Hart

9. James Davis

10. Matt Forte'

11. Tashard Choice

I am a UGA fan, so I absolutely HATE the Gators. But on 10/4 I hope they win 100-0 and LAY IT ON THICK!!! Your Gators have my support 100% on that one day next season!

Agree 100% about McFadden as well. He's not Adrian Peterson. He's not even Reggie Bush. I will cry if we draft him.

Yup, the more I watch him the more I'm unimpressed. I had him in a couple of my mocks but lately I've sat down and watched clips of him and he always seems to just out run everyone. Haven't really seen him put a move on a person and take it to the house. Someone mentioned before that Adrian Peterson's runs are a thing of beauty and I just don't see it from McFadden.

Headshot (1/7/2008)
1. Jonathan Stewart

2. Rashard Mendenhall

3. Felix Jones

4. Jamaal Charles

5. Chris Johnson

6. Kevin Smith

7. Ray Rice

8. Mike Hart

9. James Davis

10. Matt Forte'

11. Tashard Choice

picking a top 5 Rb is rare. These are the last 5 going all the way back to 2001

Reggie Bush

Ronnie Brown

Cedric Benson

Cadillac Williams

LT

Lt was a great pick Obviously.Benson seems to be a bad pick, Brown and Williams have been injured quite a bit and Bush may not be a great runner as of yet but he is dynamic and explosive.

Brown was leading the league in yards from scrimmage when he got hurt this year and Williams has been pretty good when healthy but just judging from those guys you definitely arent sure what you have even a few years into their careers so if you are looking for instant success you can only hope you drafted Ladanian Tomlinson.

Hard to say who will be better from the guys you posted but you are probably right in saying picking Mcfadden that early might not be a great idea

Headshot (1/7/2008)
1. Jonathan Stewart

2. Rashard Mendenhall

3. Felix Jones

4. Jamaal Charles

5. Chris Johnson

6. Kevin Smith

7. Ray Rice

8. Mike Hart

9. James Davis

10. Matt Forte'

11. Tashard Choice

Looks like 11 backs that arent as good as mcfadden?Myabe you should get thought out off your head and not off the top.

picking a top 5 Rb is rare. These are the last 5 going all the way back to 2001

Reggie Bush

Ronnie Brown

Cedric Benson

Cadillac Williams

LT

Lt was a great pick Obviously.Benson seems to be a bad pick, Brown and Williams have been injured quite a bit and Bush may not be a great runner as of yet but he is dynamic and explosive.

Brown was leading the league in yards from scrimmage when he got hurt this year and Williams has been pretty good when healthy but just judging from those guys you definitely arent sure what you have even a few years into their careers so if you are looking for instant success you can only hope you drafted Ladanian Tomlinson.

I knew Benson was going to be a bust about 5 minutes after he got drafted. He was literally crying after the Bears drafted him. And these weren't tears of joy either. Apparently he was crying because being compared to Ricky Williams was just sooo difficult during the draft process, (Benson came out of Texas and had dreadlocks). I remember sitting and watching that and LAUGHING my ##### off at all the Bears fans. I was like "Congrats on using the #4 pick to get THIS guy. HAHAHAHA etc."

And in regards to McFadden... Being in position to be able to draft McFadden means we could possibly trade down with a team like..... the Cowboys.

bigduke633 (1/7/2008)
Headshot (1/7/2008)
1. Jonathan Stewart

2. Rashard Mendenhall

3. Felix Jones

4. Jamaal Charles

5. Chris Johnson

6. Kevin Smith

7. Ray Rice

8. Mike Hart

9. James Davis

10. Matt Forte'

11. Tashard Choice

Looks like 11 backs that arent as good as mcfadden?Myabe you should get thought out off your head and not off the top.

To YOU it looks that way, but to people who actually know what they're talking about, it looks likes the deepest running back draft in this decade so far.

Darren McFadden will not be a great back at the next level. You can't just outrun everyone in the NFL, just ask Trung Canidate, Michael Bennett, and Reggie Bush.

The H.N.I.C. 2! (1/7/2008)
Richard Nixon (1/7/2008)
You know another guy who doesn't use a whole lot of different moves, just the stiffarm, tough running and killer speed? LT.

U are joking right, LT jukes defenders out of there shoes!!

LT has some moves, but the real meat of his game is running with balance, power, and using an incredible stiffarm while remaining balanced and moving at full speed. This is also the bulk of McFadden's game.

Richard Nixon (1/7/2008)
The H.N.I.C. 2! (1/7/2008)
Richard Nixon (1/7/2008)
You know another guy who doesn't use a whole lot of different moves, just the stiffarm, tough running and killer speed? LT.

U are joking right, LT jukes defenders out of there shoes!!

LT has some moves, but the real meat of his game is running with balance, power, and using an incredible stiffarm while remaining balanced and moving at full speed. This is also the bulk of McFadden's game.

All you have to do is watch a Darren McFadden highlight video to see that all he does is either run through a gigantic hole in the middle of the field and beats everyone in a foot race, or runs all the way to the outside and runs right by everyone.

Highlights

I have never seen Darren McFadden move a pile, completely juke someone out of their shoes, or put a spin move on someone or anything. All he does is outrace everyone. He has a sick stiffarm, I will give him that. But the dude is built like a wide receiver and he runs more upright than Norwood does, and to most people that is the reason why Norwood won't be the future at running back for the Falcons.

Headshot (1/7/2008)

I have never seen Darren McFadden move a pile, completely juke someone out of their shoes, or put a spin move on someone or anything. All he does is outrace everyone.

Track down tapes of Arkansas rather than highlights. McFadden has done all of the things you say many times over. One of the strangest phenomena I've seen during the early days of this year's draft discussion is McFadden being described as solely a speed back. His reputation as a freshman was one of the strongest backs the SEC had ever seen. One of the first interviews I heard Chris Houston do as a Falcon saw him mention how McFadden was one of the guys on the team who would challenge him in the weight room. You won't find a scouting bio of him that excludes his power. This is a Jamal Lewis type of player, a back who can do it all.

jidady (1/7/2008)
Headshot (1/7/2008)

I have never seen Darren McFadden move a pile, completely juke someone out of their shoes, or put a spin move on someone or anything. All he does is outrace everyone.

Track down tapes of Arkansas rather than highlights. McFadden has done all of the things you say many times over. One of the strangest phenomena I've seen during the early days of this year's draft discussion is McFadden being described as solely a speed back. His reputation as a freshman was one of the strongest backs the SEC had ever seen. One of the first interviews I heard Chris Houston do as a Falcon saw him mention how McFadden was one of the guys on the team who would challenge him in the weight room. You won't find a scouting bio of him that excludes his power. This is a Jamal Lewis type of player, a back who can do it all.

ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. you are scouting mcfadden on highlight tapes? highlight tapes are just that, a highlight tape. there not going to show him moving the pile for a 3 yard gain in a highlight tape. they are going to show the 80 yard run vs lsu.

Headshot (1/7/2008)
1. Jonathan Stewart

2. Rashard Mendenhall

3. Felix Jones

4. Jamaal Charles

5. Chris Johnson

6. Kevin Smith

7. Ray Rice

8. Mike Hart

9. James Davis

10. Matt Forte'

11. Tashard Choice

None of those guys are on the same level as McFadden.

You could take any position in the draft and list 11 other players.

pzummo (1/7/2008)

I am a UGA fan, so I absolutely HATE the Gators. But on 10/4 I hope they win 100-0 and LAY IT ON THICK!!! Your Gators have my support 100% on that one day next season!

Agree 100% about McFadden as well. He's not Adrian Peterson. He's not even Reggie Bush. I will cry if we draft him.

Well, here's to you getting some tissues for the draft. :D

The irony of everyone saying McFadden is nothing by a highlight reel is that they only watch the highlights. He's not just speed, though he's got plenty of real NFL speed, (not Reggie Bush PAC-10 speed) he has great power and really seems to enjoy attacking the defense, the exact kind of running back this team needs, not Dunn going into fetal position, not Norwood getting pulled down without resistance when someone gets an angle on him and snatches his chickenlegs, someone that will hit the defense in the mouth and make them pay when he gets in the open field.

Richard Nixon (1/7/2008)
The irony of everyone saying McFadden is nothing by a highlight reel is that they only watch the highlights. He's not just speed, though he's got plenty of real NFL speed, (not Reggie Bush PAC-10 speed) he has great power and really seems to enjoy attacking the defense, the exact kind of running back this team needs, not Dunn going into fetal position, not Norwood getting pulled down without resistance when someone gets an angle on him and snatches his chickenlegs, someone that will hit the defense in the mouth and make them pay when he gets in the open field.

Fans must answer this question do you want a playmaker or a player that averages 3 a carry and gets a 20 yard run once in a while that cant score td's like they have now.

Reggie Bush has speed in any league sub 4.4 is fast only prob is in college great athletes dominate in the NFL great football players dominate. Speed doesnt always make a great football player