So who still hates these New Boards?

MidWest Falcon

I don't like them, but at least they work.

What I don't like:

* Not having indicators telling me what thread I have replied in

* After submitting post, being reset to the top of the thread instead of at the position of my post

* No link at the bottom of page to go back to the forum index, after reading a page you have to scroll back up

* Still allowing people to have page long sigs

TerminusTiercel (1/8/2008)
i dont like them as much as the last boards.

-too many people lost

-quotes are terrible

-random little bugs

-when you reply to a post, you cant see the other replies below yours anymore

-if it wasnt broke, why'd you try to fix it?

Yeh I guess there are still a few bugs but it has gotten better. I guess I'm one of the few that actually likes these boards more than the old ones. I like that we get to have our own profile and sigs. I was still fairly new to the old boards so I guess I don't see all the people that are lost ;)

MidWest Falcon (1/8/2008)
Yeh I guess there are still a few bugs but it has gotten better. I guess I'm one of the few that actually likes these boards more than the old ones. I like that we get to have our own profile and sigs. I was still fairly new to the old boards so I guess I don't see all the people that are lost ;)

I hate the sigs and this isnt myspace, i dont need a profile. i think since i turned off the sigs, i also cant see when people post images. that kinda sucks.

This board migration is the worst idea Ive ever seen.

The whole integration of the boards and the stupid myspace clone is stupid in the first place. The myspace clone has its place I guess... Id assume some people get some use out of it, but I dont see why they had to merge that and the boards.

But the worst thing is, the boards dont even work. They look mildly better than the old ones, but they almost arent usable. Its not just that you cant use the new features... you cant do basic things.

I think the whole idea of putting up boards whose functionality is sorry at best for the sake of better looks and a myspace connection is just terrible. Or laughable. Or laughably terrible.

lax32 (1/8/2008)
This board migration is the worst idea Ive ever seen.

The whole integration of the boards and the stupid myspace clone is stupid in the first place. The myspace clone has its place I guess... Id assume some people get some use out of it, but I dont see why they had to merge that and the boards.

But the worst thing is, the boards dont even work. They look mildly better than the old ones, but they almost arent usable. Its not just that you cant use the new features... you cant do basic things.

I think the whole idea of putting up boards whose functionality is sorry at best for the sake of better looks and a myspace connection is just terrible. Or laughable. Or laughably terrible.

Think about it. That pretty much embodies the Blank Plan. More bells and whistles, better looks coupled with sorry functionality. Isn't that the Atlanta Falcons in a nutshell?

The perfect forum would be the previous board + working features (sigs, avatars, search, etc.) + plus the upgraded server to keep the board from crashing. These forums are not half as active now (at least the three forums I look at, college, pure football and ABF) and I still don't feel comfortable navigating them. The quote feature is the worst I have ever seen.

The idea to migrate the Atlanta Falcons Message Boards was the dumbest idea in a long list of dumb ideas made by the people who run these boards. All we heard for 6 months was:

"OH THE BOARD MIGRATION IS GOING TO BE AWESOME, THERE'S A LOT OF AWESOME NEW FEATURES AND AN AWESOME NEW LOOK AND FEEL TO THE AWESOME NEW MESSAGE BOARDS. THERE'S ALSO AN AWESOME NEW THING THAT'S A MYSPACE RIPOFF BUT IT SUCKS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SERVE AN AWESOME PURPOSE."

I would really like an explanation as to why the migration was made. I mean a real, honest explanation from someone who is in the know. All anyone ever asked for from the old boards was 3 VERY SIMPLE things.

1) Add more bandwidth. You did it with these boards, there's no good reason you can come up with to explain to anyone why you couldn't do it with the old ones.

2) Turn the signature feature back on (Why this was ever turned off is completely beyond anyone's knowledge other than the geniuses who thought it was another AWESOME idea)

3) Turn the Search feature back on. Are you ##### kidding me? You couldn't at least turn the search feature back on? Why not? What purpose did turning it off serve? So you could see people complain about it?

These boards = complete failure. The traffic almost came to a crawl, none of the features work right, you have to hit delete 900 times when quoting someone just so you can put their paragraph back in proper form before responding, the smiley faces are ******** (Not that big of a deal, but worth complaining about because they pizz me off), you can't edit your post when you start a new thread, instead you have to post an edited copied and pasted version as a response, which could ultimately end up making you look incredibly stupid, a lot of people's information was lost during the migration (Post count, join date, and even whole accounts), and not to mention that these boards are no more navigatable or user friendly (They can now probably be classified as "user foe") than the old ones, but in fact 100x worse.

GOOD MOVE GUYS. This really worked out for the better.

As someone else said, this board closely resembles the Atlanta Falcons organization under Arthur Blank's ownership: A lot of promises that ultimately end up as utter failure.

Please just go back to the old boards. I don't care how much time, effort, or money it costed you guys because it sucks.

I don't know why I haven't had that many problems. The quote feature can get crazy at points but I don't use it very much anyways. I understand this isn't myspace but it's not like you have to look at someone's profile. I just don't see all these "bugs" that everyone is talking about. I'm not the most computer savy person but I can still post a picture and put in a link. Oh well, I'm a glass is half full kinda guy anyways :cool: