Sorry, I don't get it....Can anyone help me?

heretic

They are probably looking and talking to people so when the hire or the last interview isnt out of the blue.Maybe the first guy that wows you and has a plan isnt the right guy.Get the gm and have him interview the same guys and or get his feedback on guys he already likes.Being out there and connecting to canidates isnt a failure to hire........yet.See how heckert goes today.

We are interview coach candidates of playoff teams. After this weekend we would have to wait until the team is out of the playoffs. And the way things are that could mean weeks before we could interview someone from indy or dallas. So we interviewed them now. So say if caldwell was the favorite after this weeks interviews. Then we hire a GM and he is familiar with caldwell. we could make the offer now under the table and once the season is done for indy then make the annoucement and make it official. Also that means that while indy is in the playofffs we can go out and hire his staff. When the playoffs are over we can then hit the ground running with a GM, HC and staff. This is common practice in the NFL.

There's no reason to not go ahead and get some interviews out of the way now, especially with the playoff coaches. If the candidates don't impress McKay and Blank, then they probably wouldn't be hired anyway regardless of who the new GM is. However, I would like to see the new GM be involved heavily in the next round of interviews before a new coach is hired, which will probably mean waiting until after the playoffs so that most of them can be reinterviewed.

First of all, Blank isn't going for anymore mistakes...he knows exactly what he's doing. I mean you never know,Blank could already have a GM & who he is going to be but is just spending the extra time he has by interviewing as many coaches as possible.

That way if any of the coaches accept, we have a list coaches we could choose from lol