Name the free agent qb you want and why

If we draft a Rookie or should i say when, he will sit on the bench for a year and hopefully the free agent we bring in will do a good enough job so the kid can sit 2 years.

I dont know why im about to say this but let the bashing begin. I want Rex Grossman. I just think if you put in our dome he will light it up. He played in florida which equals nice weather and in a dome its always nice weather. I know this is not Florida and our coach will not be spurrier thank god but the kid has a cannon of an arm. I just think he needs a change and he will be ok. Rex looks deep, he see's white, 80 yd td. Hope i get to hear this next year.

Opinions are welcomed.:cool:

Chris Redman. He won't cost much, proved that he was at least a capable stopgap if given protection, and is already familiar with our receivers. He'd be just fine if we put a line in front of him that was worth a ****. When we blocked for him, he had career days against Arizona and Seattle (and don't start with the "playing backups" business; I'm talking about as a stopgap player while we train up a replacement).

As far as Grossman, he's likely to want more money than we should be spending on a guy if we're planning on drafting his replacement and only need a stopgap.

Direwolf

I am w you on Redman direwolf. There areny any QBs in FA that are better options IMO. The guys that are better are possibly available for trade, and even that list is slim IMO.

I would keep Redman, one of the other bums (Joey or Byron), bring in a rookie and let the hometown boy compete too just to be nice. One of those 4 then gets axed in preseason or camps.

1989fan (1/7/2008)
I am w you on Redman direwolf. There areny any QBs in FA that are better options IMO. The guys that are better are possibly available for trade, and even that list is slim IMO.

I would keep Redman, one of the other bums (Joey or Byron), bring in a rookie and let the hometown boy compete too just to be nice. One of those 4 then gets axed in preseason or camps.

I agree, Redman will be fine for another year or so.