John Kincade to rip Tom Heckert from 3-7 today on 680

he hate me

Kincade praised Heckert last week after speaking with people inside the Eagles orginization, but Kincade said he spoke to people over the weekend who cover the Eagles over the weekend and they had a different view on Heckert.

They said he's a nice guy and a good gatherer of information ...but Reid made all the decisions.

Now Kincade is giving Heckert no credit for the 2002 draft.

I have posted several times that Arthur needs to be very cautious with his choice. Heckert's record in Miami was not good. He has had one very good draft in Philly (2002). If you are going to change your personnel guy, make sure that the new guy is significantly better than the old guy.

Interesting... people within the organization have nothing but nice things to say, while the Philly media is negative.

There's a shock.

I'd expect that Heckert would be quite capable of handling the duties we'd have in mind for him. If he is, indeed, a good gatherer of information, then the successes of the team in the draft are still largely due to his scouting. All Andy Reid can do is review the information given him by Heckert; he's not going to do all the scouting himself.

Direwolf

bgarcia28 (1/7/2008)
I have posted several times that Arthur needs to be very cautious with his choice. Heckert's record in Miami was not good. He has had one very good draft in Philly (2002). If you are going to change your personnel guy, make sure that the new guy is significantly better than the old guy.

As long as the former :( personnel manager is looking over the new :D personnel managers shoulder :ermm: what is the chance of anything significantly better happening? :doze:

1989fan (1/7/2008)
Everybody knows Heckert didnt have final say. Thats why we can interview him. If he did, we couldnt go after him.

Kincade is sure breaking open a barn burner here. :w00t:

Kincade phoned in to break the news on the Rude Awakening. Perry pointed out what you said.

bgarcia28 (1/7/2008)

Wrong, he didn't kiss Andy Reids ##### for nothing. I'm sure he endured something out of it...lol

he hate me (1/7/2008)
Kincade praised Heckert last week after speaking with people inside the Eagles orginization, but Kincade said he spoke to people over the weekend who cover the Eagles over the weekend and they had a different view on Heckert.

They said he's a nice guy and a good gatherer of information ...but Reid made all the decisions.

Then this is why we are going to hire him because nothing is going to change.

He will be the "figurehead" GM to keep the fans happy and thinking that McKay is out of the way.

Meanwhile the "braintrust" that has made the Falcon decisions for the last few years will remain intact.

Heckert will be a good gatherer of information but the decisions will still be made by others.

Funny,andy was a idiot 2 weeks ago now hes the brains behind the draft.Nobody changes jobs without shots being fired at them.Andy runs a tight ship (until T.O.) but he doesnt scout college players and freeagents year round.I think Andy is a very good coach but he might have a very hard time finding a gm to get along with if we get heckert.

Dr John Zoidberg (1/7/2008)
he hate me (1/7/2008)

Then this is why we are going to hire him because nothing is going to change.

He will be the "figurehead" GM to keep the fans happy and thinking that McKay is out of the way.

Meanwhile the "braintrust" that has made the Falcon decisions for the last few years will remain intact.

Heckert will be a good gatherer of information but the decisions will still be made by others.

What?Made by others?Dude your going to have **** chaney pulling the strings on the draft in a second.Nobody will come here to be a figurehead and nobody works a personnel department alone.

What?Made by others?Dude your going to have **** chaney pulling the strings on the draft in a second.Nobody will come here to be a figurehead and nobody works a personnel department alone.

True. I just don't feel good about the way the front office is shaping up.

McKay isn't going anywhere. As far as I know Bill Devaine, (Assistant GM), isn't going anywhere either.

McKay supposedly is going to be removed from the football side of things but for some reason I don't think he's going to be 100% removed.

So now we're going to bring another level of "management" into the process. I've worked for corporations for a looooong time and this stuff REALLY reminds me of corporate BS that doesn't actually accomplish anything productive.

McKay isn't going anywhere. As far as I know Bill Devaine, (Assistant GM), isn't going anywhere either.

McKay supposedly is going to be removed from the football side of things but for some reason I don't think he's going to be 100% removed.

So now we're going to bring another level of "management" into the process. I've worked for corporations for a looooong time and this stuff REALLY reminds me of corporate BS that doesn't actually accomplish anything productive.

Blank talked about that when petrino left.It doesnt work like corp. america.If it did he said he would promote from within.Its easy doubt the falcons considering their recent past but this is the big revamp.We dont know the particulars but who would come here with a fake job and title?If thats the case we will fail but I dont think we will fail that way.I think keeping mckay is blanks way to distance his influence on the team even more but the gm will run the football ops while mckay handles the league business,commitees and money.Sounds like a good football model if you can keep the big wigs in line.

bigduke633 (1/7/2008)

Blank talked about that when petrino left.It doesnt work like corp. america.If it did he said he would promote from within.Its easy doubt the falcons considering their recent past but this is the big revamp.We dont know the particulars but who would come here with a fake job and title?If thats the case we will fail but I dont think we will fail that way.I think keeping mckay is blanks way to distance his influence on the team even more but the gm will run the football ops while mckay handles the league business,commitees and money.Sounds like a good football model if you can keep the big wigs in line.

I tend to agree. I believe Blank is realizing he needs more input from other professionals than McKay and that he is looking to Heckert to be one of those voices. As a manager, the buck stops with Blank. But he knows he isn't doing well and is looking for better input. I dislike the man, bit I have to give him credit for that.

credit-cards_69.jpg

he hate me (1/7/2008)

Kincade = Krap :sick:

I like Kincade. He doesn't sugarcoat anything, he isn't politically correct, and he doesn't kiss a**. He tells it like it is which is rare in today's world.

Should be interesting to hear what he has to say since he is an Eagles fan and knows Heckert pretty well you'd think.

xianshino (1/7/2008)
I like Kincade. He doesn't sugarcoat anything, he isn't politically correct, and he doesn't kiss a**. He tells it like it is which is rare in today's world.

Should be interesting to hear what he has to say since he is an Eagles fan and knows Heckert pretty well you'd think.

Kincade tells how he thinks it is or how he can make people mad enough to call in.One day he likes heckert the next hes makeing fun of him.How does he have "sources" that love heckert before we talk to him but when we set up a interview he stinks?Who cares what kincade thinksanyway?

direwolf (1/7/2008)
Interesting... people within the organization have nothing but nice things to say, while the Philly media is negative.

There's a shock.

I'd expect that Heckert would be quite capable of handling the duties we'd have in mind for him. If he is, indeed, a good gatherer of information, then the successes of the team in the draft are still largely due to his scouting. All Andy Reid can do is review the information given him by Heckert; he's not going to do all the scouting himself.

Direwolf

THEY ALWAYS SAY NICE THINGS within an organziation. It's all political, nobody in the organziation is going to throw a guy that's been around for 5+ years under the bus.

I said it before, Falcons should not hire a GM that was never responsible for making presonnel decision. Get a GM that's already been proven. Guy from Greenbay would be a good candidate.