CAN WE PICK A D@MN GM ALREADY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

what am i missing here???? how many people does it take, how many interviews does it take, how many decisions HAVE to be made before we start tryin to put this team back on track??? all tha stalling, indecisiveness, and seemingly disorganization not only places tha dunce cap upon tha franchise once again, but it also puts players under contract confused and unsure of their futures.

PICK A D@MN GM ALREADY!!!!!!!!

not a coach. not a coordinator. not a president. not advisors. not a waterboy. A GM!!!!!!!!! it is tha GM that should have a heavy say in what coach to bring in. A GM and a coach are supposed to work as a team! what are we waiting for? before we know it, tha combine will be here and we wont even know who tha **** to scout because our GM would have been in office all of 2 DAYS!!!!!!

is there a reason Rich McKay is still involved in this process???? wasnt he tha FORMER GM???? we dont need his mind and beliefs in our next GM!!!! you demote a man for a reason, not to still retain his role as BFF with tha owner.

to Mr. Arthur Blank..............................................

rant OVER!

WHY DO YOU CARE!?!?!?! JESUS CHRIST, BE PATIENT. IT'S NOT LIKE WE'RE NOT GOING TO NAME A GM.

What is with you people, let them interview everyone first. What happens when Arthur hires a GM? Then what will you do? Say "Yes!" or "No!" and then wait 8 months for the season to start, so it doesn't really matter at this point.

Well I for one am glad they're being thourough this time around. The franchise is at a crossroads and a kneejerk decision is not in the best interest of anyone. Sure they may have what seems like 100 people in on the process but as we have learned in the past, you cant trust Blank nor McKay to make the smartest choice. Word is the decision will be made by mid week anyway so be cool. Relax. :cool:

Well maybe you are missing the fact that most of these candidates are currently working for other Pro football teams and cannot be interviewed until AFTER the regular season is over. That ended 30 Dec 07, it is now 06 Jan 08 that is a total of seven (7) days. It takes more than one day to fly around the country and interview these candidates and then select the one you want and then see if he accepts your offer. I believe the last interview for GM is monday 07 jan 08 BUT I'm not sure about that!!

i care because there's way too much input and outside sources. we look like a mess.

cowher wouldnt touch us with a 10ft pole and is said to be giving baltimore a look.

parcells was said to have "taken the job" for vp, but pretty much used us as a stepping stone to get to miami.

schottenheimer gave us the boyfriend breaking up with his girlfriend excuse: "oh, it's not you, it's me. this isn't the situation i wanna be in right now."

from tha outside looking in, we look like chicken's with our heads cut off. trying to interview this that and tha other with 800 different people. Mr. Blank this is YOUR franchise. YOU MAKE THA DECISION!!!!

thakrunk1 (1/6/2008)
i care because there's way too much input and outside sources. we look like a mess.

cowher wouldnt touch us with a 10ft pole and is said to be giving baltimore a look.

parcells was said to have "taken the job" for vp, but pretty much used us as a stepping stone to get to miami.

schottenheimer gave us the boyfriend breaking up with his girlfriend excuse: "oh, it's not you, it's me. this isn't the situation i wanna be in right now."

from tha outside looking in, we look like chicken's with our heads cut off. trying to interview this that and tha other with 800 different people. Mr. Blank this is YOUR franchise. YOU MAKE THA DECISION!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself. The problem is, is that Arthur Blank doesn't know HOW to make the decisions. He mooched off of his friend's idea to get in on the Home Depot project and followed suit when his other partners wanted to start the Georgia Aquarium. All he does is say "Ooo that will probably make me a lot of money, yeah I'll do that." That man doesn't make decisions himself, and it's painfully obvious now.

Arthur Blank is not a good NFL owner, unfortunately it's a lot harder to scream for the owner to sell the team than it is to scream for the owner to fire a coach.

Headshot (1/6/2008)
thakrunk1 (1/6/2008)

Couldn't have said it better myself. The problem is, is that Arthur Blank doesn't know HOW to make the decisions. He mooched off of his friend's idea to get in on the Home Depot project and followed suit when his other partners wanted to start the Georgia Aquarium. All he does is say "Ooo that will probably make me a lot of money, yeah I'll do that." That man doesn't make decisions himself, and it's painfully obvious now.

Atleast he's good at picking his friends.:P

thakrunk1 (1/6/2008)
what am i missing here???? how many people does it take, how many interviews does it take, how many decisions HAVE to be made before we start tryin to put this team back on track??? all tha stalling, indecisiveness, and seemingly disorganization not only places tha dunce cap upon tha franchise once again, but it also puts players under contract confused and unsure of their futures.

not a coach. not a coordinator. not a president. not advisors. not a waterboy. A GM!!!!!!!!! it is tha GM that should have a heavy say in what coach to bring in. A GM and a coach are supposed to work as a team! what are we waiting for? before we know it, tha combine will be here and we wont even know who tha **** to scout because our GM would have been in office all of 2 DAYS!!!!!!

is there a reason Rich McKay is still involved in this process???? wasnt he tha FORMER GM???? we dont need his mind and beliefs in our next GM!!!! you demote a man for a reason, not to still retain his role as BFF with tha owner.

rant OVER!

Let me guess, you do not work in a professional position and do not understand the intricacies of these things do you? What do you do for a living? Dig ditches? We are hiring a GM here not a ditch digger.

Slow is fast. Fast is slow. If we take our time now, we will get better faster. If we rush now, and mess it up, again, it will take longer to get better.

mileshat_02052007.jpg

dont understand tha intricacies???? dig ditches????

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....you nailed it clean on tha head. round of applause, my good sir.

i understand it takes time, duh, but look at this as a player on tha atlanta falcons squad....tha man who signs your checks looks as desperate and confused as ever.

look at this from an approached interviewee's perspective....you got nine different people asking you tons of different questions. are those nine people gonna sign your check??? who are these people??? why are there NINE of you???

I think we might be taking time to ensure that we hire someone to right the ship, not to just jump behind the wheel and point us in a wishful direction. Seems to me that Artie is interviewing all potential candidates instead of using a fly by night approach. As long as we make a solid hire in time for evaluating for the draft and in order to make a good HC hire, I'm cool with however long it takes.

thakrunk1 (1/7/2008)
dont understand tha intricacies???? dig ditches????

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....you nailed it clean on tha head. round of applause, my good sir.

i understand it takes time, duh, but look at this as a player on tha atlanta falcons squad....tha man who signs your checks looks as desperate and confused as ever.

look at this from an approached interviewee's perspective....you got nine different people asking you tons of different questions. are those nine people gonna sign your check??? who are these people??? why are there NINE of you???

The players are employees. It isn't their franchise. Arthur owns it. It is his investment. And it is his investment to protect.

While employee morale is very important to a manager, it is not always the overiding force. Morale is low in Atlanta now. So there isn't much more to lose along those lines. And many of these players, hopefully a good many of them, will not be with this team next year anyway. So I don't imagine Blank is too concerned about the players at this point.

If I am approached as a candidate, my main concern isn't Blank, it is the terrible attitude in Atlanta among the team and the fans. That, more than anything, is going to be the toughest impediment to success. Unfortunately, players on this franchise and its fans, indeed the whole city and much of the country is racially divided as a result of one MV. That would bother me more than anything else.

The Atlanta Falcons are a business. It is wise for Arthur to take input from and listen closely to nine or so men he can trust. It is a good business model and one that I believe will serve the team well (Jesus had twelve men in his group helping him).

Besides, hold your water, I believe Heckert will be named GM tommorrow.

75382041.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193550E821156FDE612B8C680AB34476EDE284831B75F48EF45

I really don't think it matters because we're not hiring a GM.

At least not a traditional GM like other winning franchises. We'll hire a guy that has the title but the traditional roles of a GM will decided by a committee of Blank, McKay, Devanie, the new "GM", and maybe the Head Coach if he gets any input at all.

How many teams are looking for GMs? Just us since Parcells already had a candidate for Miami.

Does it concern anyone else that we haven't interviewed known commodities? Why not Floyd Reese?

Do you think there's a reason Polian Jr, Parcells, Pats Assistant, Cowher, etc have all turned us down?

I am starting to wonder what direction this franchise is headed.

thakrunk1 (1/6/2008)

rant OVER!

I'm confused... if all the candidates suck, we should hire one anyway just to appease you?

Headshot (1/6/2008)

Arthur Blank is not a good NFL owner, unfortunately it's a lot harder to scream for the owner to sell the team than it is to scream for the owner to fire a coach.

I think Arthur is a great owner. He doesn't play the game.

Not one Falcons fan on this planet thought Rich McKay was a bad hire when he first came.

Quit whining about the owner. He's one of the few in the NFL that actually cares about the fans.

BlacksburgHokie (1/6/2008)
I don't want A GM.

I want THE RIGHT GM.

However long it takes is fine with me...

I am not the most patient person in the world, but this choice is too important to rush it. This position will be influential on the organization for many, many years (hopefully). Do it right.

Also, I don't want a D@MN GM. I would prefer an unD@MN GM first. If there are none of those left, then get the best D@MN GM.