Can DJ Shockley lead us to the playoffs next year?

hawkeyes

scott24falcs (1/6/2008)
Shockley needs to worry about healing up and making the team first.

Really, some people always looks at the QB that you haven't seen much of. Last year it was Schaub and now it's Shcokley. DJ is going into his 3rd year. It looks like Redman will be with the team next year. Atlanta will also keep either Joey or Leftwitch (probably the cheaper of the 2). They will more than likely draft a QB next year, and we will also get some quality FA QBs trying out for the team considering the opportunity of making this team. DJ needs to first show he's the 3 best QB and second to perform well enough pre-season to make the team.

I don't understand why people are so high on DJ. I mean, he has the potential to be a good quarterback based on what we saw in his college days, but he hasn't done anything in the pros to deserve being anointed the next big thing. I would be all for giving him a shot at the starting job, but I think a more realistic goal for a 3rd string QB coming off of an ACL injury would be to make the roster.