What positions should ATL draft on day one?

Day one (5 picks)

OT

QB

MLB

DT

RB

Day two (5 picks)

OG

OT

DT

FS

K

I already have a mock out but we all know the players will change, so here's my template for all future mocks, these are the players I want on each day. I don't care about the order so much, just that we get one of each on each day.

What positions would you have the Falcons take on each day?

cavalcade_of_whimsey (1/6/2008)
Day one (5 picks)

OT

QB

MLB

DT

RB

Day two (5 picks)

OG

OT

DT

FS

K

I already have a mock out but we all know the players will change, so here's my template for all future mocks, these are the players I want on each day. I don't care about the order so much, just that we get one of each on each day.

What positions would you have the Falcons take on each day?

I'd pretty much agree, but it depends how the draft shakes out.

capATL (1/6/2008)
First, you may not know but there are only two rounds on day one this year.

Secondly, Blank has said that we will be active in free agency. I would be surprised if we did not get a Olineman in FA which might change the draft needs.

I remember hearing that Goodel was changing the time allotted to picks but I didn't catch the swap on round 3. Good to know.

I don't really think FA will affect these positional picks for me. Unless we get a starting RB like Michael Turner, but given who's out there the only splash I see coming is a OG and we'd be drafting for depth and future there anyway. Everything else would still need depth even if we went out and got somebody before the draft.

But you're right this will obviously change as the draft approaches, that was the spirit of the thing to start with, since our opinions on players will change radically as well, don't get stuck on certain names at certain spots. They might not be realistic when the day comes (I'm looking at you people taking Otah with our second second round pick.)