MCFADDEN A BUST?

Big Duke 6

I was listening to a interview on the sporting news radio and Baldinger said mcfadden would be a bust if drafted top10.He has no vision,no elite speed and no open field moves.The cherry on top was he does show up for big games.I was shocked.I understand not takeing a rb early in a rb draft but he didnt think he would be in the league very long.

Baldi is an idiot. He would be about the only guy saying that. That guy has nothing but empty space between his ears. Havent you ever noticed that he is always calling the lame games on fox. Most of them last year were unfourtunatly Falcons games. I dont know about Dmac, but everyone says hes the next coming of LT so i guess we will just have to wait and see.

bigduke633 (1/6/2008)
I was listening to a interview on the sporting news radio and Baldinger said mcfadden would be a bust if drafted top10.He has no vision,no elite speed and no open field moves.The cherry on top was he does show up for big games.I was shocked.I understand not takeing a rb early in a rb draft but he didnt think he would be in the league very long.

I like Baldy but on this one, hes a idiot. :P

I'd like to hear the link. It probably went something like McFadden should not be taken in the top 10 picks and other players were worth more to a team overall year in year out. I for one am happy we got Norwood in the 3rd, while another team wasted a high one on the Norwood clone (or inferior- Bush)

mike jolly (1/6/2008)
Baldi is an idiot. He would be about the only guy saying that. That guy has nothing but empty space between his ears. Havent you ever noticed that he is always calling the lame games on fox. Most of them last year were unfourtunatly Falcons games. I dont know about Dmac, but everyone says hes the next coming of LT so i guess we will just have to wait and see.

You wouldn't happen to be from HC would you?

everything he said about mcfadden was false. here are some of his games over the past 2 season vs good teams.

2006 carries yards tds

alabama- 25 112 1

auburn- 28 145 1

south carolina 25 219 2

tennesee- 30 181 2

lsu- 21 182 2

2007 carries yards tds

alabama 33 195 2

kentucky 29 173 1

south carolina 34 324 1

tennessee 22 119 0

lsu 32 206 3

this doenst take in account his rec. yards and throwing tds.

I agree with baldinger, although he's very wrong about the speed. His whole game is based on his speed, he doesn't have moves, or run with power. Mcfadden just outruns defenses and that's pretty much all he does.

And anybody who watched football, and could think for themselves. Wouldn't buy into espn's hype of bush and could see his game wouldn't work in the nfl.

texasbirdfan (1/6/2008)
I'd like to hear the link. It probably went something like McFadden should not be taken in the top 10 picks and other players were worth more to a team overall year in year out. I for one am happy we got Norwood in the 3rd, while another team wasted a high one on the Norwood clone (or inferior- Bush)

Go to the sporting news website on the nfl page they have topics dicussed on the radio you can listen to.I cant get a link off of it.But its there.

jlaw 1500 (1/6/2008)
I agree with baldinger, although he's very wrong about the speed. His whole game is based on his speed, he doesn't have moves, or run with power. Mcfadden just outruns defenses and that's pretty much all he does.

And anybody who watched football, and could think for themselves. Wouldn't buy into espn's hype of bush and could see his game wouldn't work in the nfl.

The same could be said about run dmc

ty down (1/6/2008)
jlaw 1500 (1/6/2008)

Huh? Were you referring to the second statement I made?

jlaw 1500 (1/6/2008)

He doesn't run with power? That's the reason he's so **** special. He's got Reggie Bush's speed, but doesn't shy away from contact and will drop his shoulder into someone if he has to. He doesn't need to be a physical back, but has the strength to do so. Why do you think this guy doesn't get hurt?

jlaw 1500 (1/6/2008)
ty down (1/6/2008)
jlaw 1500 (1/6/2008)

Huh? Were you referring to the second statement I made?

Actually I totally misconstrued what you were saying, and I apologize!

bigduke633 (1/6/2008)

I respect Baldy too. Eh, I think it's really silly to make this statement right now. But, hey, it's HIS career. LOL!

bigduke633 (1/6/2008)
Arkansas got hammered and played bad.Mcfadden did alright but the team effort wasnt there.Baldy probably put to much blame on mcfadden were I think Mcfadden is the reason they even got to the bowl.

Yep. And Hawaii got worked by GA and now Colt Brennan is going to fall down everyone's big board... but watch out, he's going to be a great NFL QB. Gut feeling. I know, random subject change. But I think Arkansas as a whole hurt McFaddens draft status a little, and I think Colt's status was hurt by his bowl game as well.

socalfalconfan (1/6/2008)
bigduke633 (1/6/2008)
Arkansas got hammered and played bad.Mcfadden did alright but the team effort wasnt there.Baldy probably put to much blame on mcfadden were I think Mcfadden is the reason they even got to the bowl.

Yep. And Hawaii got worked by GA and now Colt Brennan is going to fall down everyone's big board... but watch out, he's going to be a great NFL QB. Gut feeling. I know, random subject change. But I think Arkansas as a whole hurt McFaddens draft status a little, and I think Colt's status was hurt by his bowl game as well.

Brennan HAS to go to the combine workout. McFadden will AVOID it. opt for campus workouts