garrett not coming to atlanta

samuel brooks (1/6/2008)
garrett will not sign here falcons have too many issues and he does not want the tough job when he can get easy money elsewhere.i think singletary can handle the tough job and will accept if offered

First off, thanks for the Link. Secondly I think Garrett and Caldwell should be the leading candidates for the job. The Falcons don't need a motivational speaker, they need a head football coach. The Falcons shouldn't need a guy to walk in a room and motivate them to go play football, they should get their motivation to go play by it simply being Sunday afternoon in the fall just like the other 31 teams in the NFL.

samuel brooks (1/6/2008)
garrett will not sign here falcons have too many issues and he does not want the tough job when he can get easy money elsewhere.i think singletary can handle the tough job and will accept if offered

Where exactly is he going to get a HC job that is easy money?? The only way he does that is if Wade gets fired and he takes over in Dallas, still not easy money though. The new HC is going to be either Garrett or Caldwell I think. Did Singletary even interview?

I hope that Garrett turns his nose up at us. It means that we can avoid another mistake and stop setting the franchise back.

Garrett is the hot coordinater right now just like McDaniels but guys like him make me worry. I think that Romo and the rest of the offensive skill position players that Dallas has can make alot of coaches look really good and do I really even need to say anything about what McDaniels has?

This is the Atlanta Falcons message board standard.........which could be phrased much more accurately as

"I want candidate X as HC, therefore I have reached spectacularly for the following reason why the other candidates Yand Z Blank is interiewing would never come here"

Why do so many feel the need to discredit the possibility of other candidates being hired, or assassinate/minimize/ignore the competitions accompishments just because the like a particular candidate?

For instance, there are many here that are lobbying for Singletary, so instead of reaserching and promoting Singletarys accomplishments, they focus on assassinating the competition with a host of tactics that quite frankly, are so obvious it's pathetic.

gazoo (1/6/2008)
This is the Atlanta Falcons message board standard.........which could be phrased much more accurately as

"I want candidate X as HC, therefore I have reached spectacularly for the following reason why the other candidates Yand Z Blank is interiewing would never come here"

Why do so many feel the need to discredit the possibility of other candidates being hired, or assassinate/minimize/ignore the competitions accompishments just because the like a particular candidate?

For instance, there are many here that are lobbying for Singletary, so instead of reaserching and promoting Singletarys accomplishments, they focus on assassinating the competition with a host of tactics that quite frankly, are so obvious it's pathetic.

When did you come out of hibernation??:P

Coaches, GMs, etc. all have huge egos. Why do you think Tuna took over Miami instead of Atlanta? Miami is far more in the hole than Atlanta, but it meant he can build a team up from scratch.

If Garrett wants this job, he already made up his mind. To be able to build up a team that lost a lot in 2007 would be a dream job to him.

Coaches such as Cowher want teams that are already molded for the most part because they have been through what Garrett will go through already.

gazoo (1/6/2008)

Who says you cant link brains....that's just what i was thinking. Gazoo i'm thinking of a number 0-100.

gazoo (1/6/2008)

Gazoo, I hope you don't think all that support Singletary are doing that.

I think you do have to look at Singletary's past accomplishments as a player because that speaks to his character.

I also look at what his colleagues and players have said about him and what credit they give him for their development. I do wish he had more coaching experience.

Bottom line I really want what is best for this team at this time and hopefully for a long haul. If that's Jason Garrett then so be it. Mainly I hope we really get it right!

Vicious (1/6/2008)
gazoo (1/6/2008)

When did you come out of hibernation??:P

When ever some one says somthing so bad that he can't stand not to bring it to light ! And I'm gald he did on this one . I agree 100%

BigBird (1/6/2008)

First off, thanks for the Link. Secondly I think Garrett and Caldwell should be the leading candidates for the job. The Falcons don't need a motivational speaker, they need a head football coach. The Falcons shouldn't need a guy to walk in a room and motivate them to go play football, they should get their motivation to go play by it simply being Sunday afternoon in the fall just like the other 31 teams in the NFL.

WHAT LINK??

It is amazing how we trip all over ourselves on this board. Admittedly, it is too busy to keep up with unless you want to live here 24 - 7. That's kind of a bad deal in a way. I prefer boards that are a little bit more leisurely. However this seems to be where the action is at the moment so I am jumping in from time to time.

My point here is this. The most obvious reason Garrtt will probably not come here is that he appears headed to Baltimore based on discussions we had on this board last night on another thread,

Here is what the Baltimore Sun has said. Our discussion was largely based on this article or a similar one.

" target="_blank">http

://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...bal_home_promo

41708035.126_2661.jpg