Garret

what has Garret done so far in this league? nada, zip, zilch. With a candidate like Marty out in the market the hype about Garret and all the other people who are gonna be crap in this league as a HC is not worth it. GET MARTY AND GET THIS TEAM FIXED! MARTY IS THE ANSWER IF WE WANT TO MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS AND WIN!

Garrett is being interviewed by all that have an opening. That should show we aren't some ******** team who want to sign someone who no one else cares about. He seems to have those intangibles.

Not that I am in love with the decision, but Singletary isn't at the top of the list for the Ravens or the Dolphins.

I feel like whoever the Falcons hire will be the wrong choice, based on them being sold by loser DC's or college coaches. Maybe 3rd time is a charm?

atlfalcsfan55 (1/6/2008)
what has Garret done so far in this league? nada, zip, zilch. With a candidate like Marty out in the market the hype about Garret and all the other people who are gonna be crap in this league as a HC is not worth it. GET MARTY AND GET THIS TEAM FIXED! MARTY IS THE ANSWER IF WE WANT TO MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS AND WIN!

You tell 'em!!! All these first time, unproven HCs is no different than selecting Mora again. Shoot, this is his first year as Dallas' OC...and I'm not impressed by some of the playcalling I've seen from him. Hue Jackson is a better OC--especially with what he had to work with--IMO.

atlfalcsfan55 (1/6/2008)

ironically i notice that you, bareing the title newbie, are very quick to point out the invalidity that comes along with inexperience. the fact is, you have'nt posted enough for anyone to take your opinion seriously. what have you done so far on the boards? nada, zip, zilch. with a candidate like anyone bareing the title super ultra supreme mega falcon, his/her opinion would garner much more merit. GET THE TITLE SUPER ULTRA SUPREME MEGA FALCON AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS TO WHAT IT TAKES FOR THIS TEAM TO MAKE IT TO THE SUPERBOWL.

why to are people hating on garrett citing the personnel he has to work with and yet jumping on josh mcdaniels jock neglecting the fact that he has arguably the best QB/WR tandem in the league?

I see a younger Gary Kubiak with Jason. If he gets top flight coordinators (and why shouldn't he?) I think he will be an outstanding choice. HE is NFL groomed, played Pro Ball forever. HE is respected around the league. Sounds like a winner to me. I only hope he can put a staff together. I'd like to see a top flight ST coach as well.

Buddrick - having a high post count does not automatically make you a better poster.

(which is one reason why I don't understand that the post count is being shown)

I agree with the people stating that Schottenheimer has made a statement that he is not interested in coming here and that should be the end of the thread. But to argue that you would listen if he had 2 mio post count... it should not make a difference.

The logic thing would be to take the content of the post and relate to that - instead of disregarding it because of a low post count. Quality over Quantity please.

My hope is that whoever we get for HC will retain Zimmer and Hue - and that they would want to stay here.

buddrick (1/6/2008)
atlfalcsfan55 (1/6/2008)

ironically i notice that you, bareing the title newbie, are very quick to point out the invalidity that comes along with inexperience. the fact is, you have'nt posted enough for anyone to take your opinion seriously. what have you done so far on the boards? nada, zip, zilch. with a candidate like anyone bareing the title super ultra supreme mega falcon, his/her opinion would garner much more merit. GET THE TITLE SUPER ULTRA SUPREME MEGA FALCON AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS TO WHAT IT TAKES FOR THIS TEAM TO MAKE IT TO THE SUPERBOWL.

why to are people hating on garrett citing the personnel he has to work with and yet jumping on josh mcdaniels jock neglecting the fact that he has arguably the best QB/WR tandem in the league?

first off im not new to these boards i have over 3000 posts from the old board. And my opinion about Marty is just making a point, get a better more experienced coach. Jason Garret is all hype if you ask me. He is very unproven and do you really want to take a shot in the dark for the 3rd straight time? Jason Garret is the sexy pick yes but really he is unproven and i dont want the falcons to take another shot in the dark especially when the guy has only had one year as a OC.

atlfalcsfan55 (1/6/2008)
buddrick (1/6/2008)
atlfalcsfan55 (1/6/2008)

first off im not new to these boards i have over 3000 posts from the old board. And my opinion about Marty is just making a point, get a better more experienced coach. Jason Garret is all hype if you ask me. He is very unproven and do you really want to take a shot in the dark for the 3rd straight time? Jason Garret is the sexy pick yes but really he is unproven and i dont want the falcons to take another shot in the dark especially when the guy has only had one year as a OC.

Yea, but you have to realize that everyone was unproven at some point. I really am not on the whole Marty bandwagon. He is not the long term answer, besides the fact that he doesn't want to come here. Anyway, look at guys like Mike Tomlin, Lovie Smith, Sean Payton, and I could go on and on. These guys were not proven head coaches but they got a shot and made the most of it. I like Marty, but if we would hire him, in 3 years we are going to be looking for another coach all over again. I would also argue that no matter who the coach is, we will continue to lose unless we get ourselves a good GM. We need a GM who can put the right players in place, that is probably more important than the coach at this time.