Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greenwood

Tomlin is clueless in postgame.

8 posts in this topic

He was totally lost. A reporter asked about why he went for the 2-point conversion the first time. Tomlin said because 'being up by 2 didn't matter at that point. we wanted to be up by a field goal and even if we missed we'd be up by a point.'

Another reporter said to Tomlin, 'I think he's refering to the 2-point conversion when there was a little over ten minutes left.'

Tomlin said, 'No, I think there was about 6 minutes left when we went for 2.'

Someone then reminded him that he went for the 2-point coversion twice in the game.

After about 15 seconds of confusion and stammering Tomlin finally remembered that he went for the 2-point conversion twice in the game.

I'm not positive but I think I also heard him say that he went for the 2-point conversion because he wanted to be up by 8 points (???)

I didn't see the postgame interview (and that's kinda crazy he was so confused about a game that just ended), but he was right going for two in both situations.

They made it 23-28 with around 10:30 left and with a successful two-point-conversion they pull within a field goal.

Then they go up by one (29-28) with like 6:30 left and with a successful two-point-conversion a Jags field goal only ties the game.

So I think he was right with both calls in the situation they were in at the time, it just didn't play out the right way for him in the end. Heck, if they make both of them, they force the Jags to play for a TD on that last drive - if they only make one it's a tied game after the Scobee FG.

yeah lost becuase refs screwed em over on last 2-pt conversion. there wasnt holding, ward made an over the shoulder catch. gotta screw them somehow.