Michigan receiver gets eyes gouged by florida linebacker Doe.

SacFalcFan

VH (1/6/2008)
Big surprise, Gator fans defending their thug..."everyone does stuff like that!":rolleyes:

It's cheap and dirty. But happens all the time. Mostly in piles though. Wait till he gets in the NFL. Why do you think players in the NFL wear visors?

And I'm not taking up for him what so ever. Hopefully he'll get punished.

Jgator2113 (1/6/2008)
No excuse for that. Classless move.

Still not as classless as those Georgia Bulldogs for getting pumped up on the sidelines, celebrating as a team, and blowing kisses to their fans. They should be more like the Gators and mock student sections like Tebow did at LSU, throw kegs on top of students at parties, and do the gator chomp in front of injured players. Oh the nerve of those DAWGS!:rolleyes:

redswingline (1/6/2008)

Well that just makes it right.

Nor am I saying it does. However, it is the reason why I don't go on and on about when FSU twists Fason's leg in a pile trying to injure him, etc. As much of a rival as they are, every single team does something like this at some point so I don't see the need to be a hypocrite about it. Although in hindsight, I should have quoted the guy who said "that's a new tactic." That's what I was responding to. Nothing new about it at all, it happens all the time by every team.

Definitely not something I'd encourage or applaud...

VH (1/6/2008)

Still not as classless as those Georgia Bulldogs for getting pumped up on the sidelines, celebrating as a team, and blowing kisses to their fans. They should be more like the Gators and mock student sections like Tebow did at LSU, throw kegs on top of students at parties, and do the gator chomp in front of injured players. Oh the nerve of those DAWGS!:rolleyes:

7 posts and all of them virtually the same. That's impressive...:rolleyes:

Wide Receivers, Running Backs, and Quarterbacks will sometimes were visors so the opposing Defense can't as easily read thier eyes and know what route, throw etc, they are about to make. Although Mike Vick claimed he wore a Visor because Bucs players kept trying to poke his eyes out.

g6773a (1/7/2008)
Why do you think players in the NFL wear visors?

My understanding is that you have to have the NFL's permission to wear the visor.

I've never heard that. Tinted one need a prescription to be worn, but I've never heard anyone needing permission for clear ones. It would kind of be biased because some of the best players wear them. The only thing I've heard is that college players aren't allowed to wear them.

atl falcon 89 (1/7/2008)
Wide Receivers, Running Backs, and Quarterbacks will sometimes were visors so the opposing Defense can't as easily read thier eyes and know what route, throw etc, they are about to make. Although Mike Vick claimed he wore a Visor because Bucs players kept trying to poke his eyes out.

Don't doubt it...it's Tampa Bay. I didn't condone D. Halls' cheapshot...but at the same time it came from the team that consistently cheap shots us. Remember Rossum in the Dome in '05?

Beau J (1/7/2008)
g6773a (1/7/2008)
Why do you think players in the NFL wear visors?

My understanding is that you have to have the NFL's permission to wear the visor.

I've never heard that. Tinted one need a prescription to be worn, but I've never heard anyone needing permission for clear ones. It would kind of be biased because some of the best players wear them. The only thing I've heard is that college players aren't allowed to wear them.

In college the only type of visor you are allowed to have is a clear one. You are no longer allowed to have chrome, black, or the multi-colored visors.

slamee101 (1/7/2008)

Don't doubt it...it's Tampa Bay. I didn't condone D. Halls' cheapshot...but at the same time it came from the team that consistently cheap shots us. Remember Rossum in the Dome in '05?

I hated that call against D-Hall because the whistle hadn't blown when he launched into the guy who was trying to push the RB across the goal line. Add to it that when the lineman went ballistic, he didn't get an offsetting flag on him. Thought that was just poor all the way around...

I hated that call against D-Hall because the whistle hadn't blown when he launched into the guy who was trying to push the RB across the goal line. Add to it that when the lineman went ballistic, he didn't get an offsetting flag on him. Thought that was just poor all the way around...

I thought I was the only one that saw the play happen like that. **** near everyone else was screaming for D. Halls head after that blown call.

capologist (1/7/2008)
VH (1/6/2008)

7 posts and all of them virtually the same. That's impressive...:rolleyes:

Great comeback. 35k for you???!!! D,JD!!!:w00t:

VH (1/6/2008)
Jgator2113 (1/6/2008)
No excuse for that. Classless move.

Classless Dawgs! :laugh:

capologist (1/7/2008)
slamee101 (1/7/2008)

Wow...really? Ya know I was at that game so it was hard to tell since you can't really hear the whistle amongst the crowd noise but it looked like a late hit and of course being in Tampa amongst Bucs fans who had seen it 5 times on the big screen they made it seem like it was the dirtiest play ever. Interesting...