Condraft.com has a great mock draft us

This mock is assuming we win the coin flip with Oakland. I would be very happy with this draft and I think we fill some need spaces with excellent talent. Also, this is assuming Woodson falls to the second, which could happen depending if other teams pick up QB's in FA. What do you guys think?

Round 1:3: Darren Mcfadden (RB, Arkansas)

Round 2:35: Andre Woodson (QB, Kentucky)

Round 2:50: Chris Williams (OT, Vanderbilt)

Round 3:67: Barry Richardson (OT, Clemson)

Link to Draft

I think this draft is very good. A lot of people may say that it is unrealistic, but I think this very well could happen. The only pick I'm not crazy with is Barry Richardson. One member on this board used the analogy of it looks like his feet are stuck in mud when he plays, and after watching him that seems to be the case. I would be very, very happy with this draft.

scott24falcs (1/5/2008)
I think this draft is very good. A lot of people may say that it is unrealistic, but I think this very well could happen. The only pick I'm not crazy with is Barry Richardson. One member on this board used the analogy of it looks like his feet are stuck in mud when he plays, and after watching him that seems to be the case. I would be very, very happy with this draft.

I agree, it may very well be unrealistic. However, the consensus is no one wants to take a QB with our first pick. So, take Mcfadden with the first, and if Woodson is there at pick #35, take him. If not, oh well, take the next BPA, we still got Mcfadden! And we can get another QB with pick 50 or even our third rounder. The plan was to have the QB sit for a year anyway, and Redman has potential, just get him some solid blocking and we'll see what happens. IMO, this draft, regarding picks 3 and 35, could be the best scenario for the falcons and I would love to see it pan out.

I have not yet seen Barry Richardson play so I can not comment on his performance. Lets just hope we can find some great talent in the later rounds.

Once again, not a fan of drafting McFadden, still got Norwood, and DUnn just needs some blocking and there will be other backs available in the second.

If we dont draft QB in the 1st and Woodson is there in the 2nd, we better to grab him ASAP. IT should be the quickest pick lol.

3rd pick is good. And like others Barry, idk! If it went like this, I would say go defense instead of Barry.

FalconsFan123 (1/5/2008)
This mock is assuming we win the coin flip with Oakland. I would be very happy with this draft and I think we fill some need spaces with excellent talent. Also, this is assuming Woodson falls to the second, which could happen depending if other teams pick up QB's in FA. What do you guys think?

Link to Draft

I like the first 3 picks as well, but I'm not high on the Richardson pick in the 3rd round.

1 - Jake Long (OT, Michigan)

2 - Mike Hart (RB, Michigan)

2 - Davone Bess(WR, Hawaii)

3 - Colt Brennan(QB, Hawaii)

3 - Mario Urrutia (H-Back/TE Louisville)

4 - J. Leman Illinois (LB, Illinois)

5 - Adam Kraus (OG, Michigan)

6 - Jason Rivers (WR, Hawai'i)

7 - Dre Moore, (DT Maryland)

7 - Chris Gould (PK, Virginia)

FalconsFan123 (1/5/2008)

Link to Draft

dont like the mock. we need a RG and LT not 2 OTs. clabo/ foster got our RT locked up.

id rather go dorsey/ellis, then a LT( hopefully clady baker or otah fall), and a RG with our other 2nd. 3rd pick up DJ hall and a QB. 4th we need a FS, 5th grab Brandon Coutu, 6th grab Ferando velasco( depth at RG,LG,C.) 7th grab a PR/KR, because adam jennings isnt cutting it. thru FA we need to get justin fargas, and some depth.

I would be very happy if it fell this way. The McFadden selection

speaks for itself. If Woodson dropped into the 2nd round, that would

be nice. My only concern with him is the number of sacks he

took.

Chris Williams could go inside to right guard to begin with or try

him at left tackle. Richardson can probably play at either tackle position.

The mock draft, itself however, doesn't reflect the pick rotation

within the draft after each round, which surprises me for a prominent

draft site.

monson007 (1/6/2008)

Dre Moore in the 7th?? I don't think that will happen.

GEORGIAfan (1/6/2008)
FalconsFan123 (1/5/2008)

Interesting you say we need a guard as Williams has experience as a G and some argue that Richardson may actually project better to G in the NFL due to his skill as a run blocker, but struggles against quick DE types.

I'm least fond of Williams unless we draft him to compete for the RT spot or Forney's guard position, but I like versatile players. With us being in serious rebuilding mode depth is key to the path of winning. Clabo gives us the ability to play multiple positions now. Be nice to get more guys like that, who are more athletically gifted.

Richardson is a boom or bust type prospect. He's got the size, smarts (graduated in 3 1/2 yrs) and skills to be a dominating NFL LT, but motivation has been an issue for him. He dominates Mario Williams one game and then sucks the next. Depending on the coach we end up with i'd be leery of drafting him. Another problem with Richardson, is that a team that is already good like an Indy, San Diego or New England might take him higher (late first or second), as they can accept risk better than us. We don't have the luxury of sitting a guy for a year or two and seeing how he comes around. Not on the OLine.

Link to Draft

dont like the mock. we need a RG and LT not 2 OTs. clabo/ foster got our RT locked up.

id rather go dorsey/ellis, then a LT( hopefully clady baker or otah fall), and a RG with our other 2nd. 3rd pick up DJ hall and a QB. 4th we need a FS, 5th grab Brandon Coutu, 6th grab Ferando velasco( depth at RG,LG,C.) 7th grab a PR/KR, because adam jennings isnt cutting it. thru FA we need to get justin fargas, and some depth.

Norwood32 (1/6/2008)
monson007 (1/6/2008)

1 - Jake Long (OT, Michigan) - Fine

2 - Mike Hart (RB, Michigan) - No...

2 - Davone Bess(WR, Hawaii) - OK, but we don't need a WR that bad...I see us grabbing someone in FA

3 - Colt Brennan(QB, Hawaii) - UGA fans would hate the Falcons, esp if he played before Shockley.

3 - Mario Urrutia (H-Back/TE Louisville) - TE, not this early, Alge aint that old yet.

4 - J. Leman Illinois (LB, Illinois) - Solid pick, but will he be there this late?

5 - Adam Kraus (OG, Michigan) - This isn't the rebuilding of Michigan in Atlanta.

6 - Jason Rivers (WR, Hawai'i) - Love it! but then you would have the Hawaii skill players with the Michigan OL lol...

7 - Dre Moore, (DT Maryland) - WILL NOT FALL THIS FAR GUARANTEED!

7 - Chris Gould (PK, Virginia) - Couto or Bell over this guy...homegrown

Dre Moore in the 7th?? I don't think that will happen. - It Wont.

monson007 (1/6/2008)

1. I could live with the Long Pick

2. Hart is a small backthan Norwood we need an every down back.

2. I could live with 1 reciever but not this early, it's not our biggest weakness any longer.

3. I would be ok with Brennan, wouldn't like it 8 other QB's i would rather have.

3. NO maybe in the 6th round

4. ok with me

5. Don't care for this pick either

6. No more recievers and not any from a system like the run and shoot

7. Dude Dre Moore will not last past the early 3rd round

7. IDK much about him

I can tell you really like Michigan and Hawaii

falcon_91 (1/6/2008)
Why do people still include Oher when he has already said he will return for a senior season!

He submitted paperwork to find out his draft positioning. You shouldn't trust anything any prospect says until after the deadline has passed. Kevin Smith is a perfect example of this.