Marcus Trufant

We all know that if we don't please Hall with who he wants as HC, he's going to try to leave.

If this happens, I say let him leave...and go after Marcus Trufant. He's definitely a Top 10 CB in the game, he's got speed, he's a great cover back, he's aggressive but not too overly aggressive like Hall, and he's just a great player. The only thing I hope is that if we do go looking for a CB, that he isn't too pricey. Other than that, if there's one FA CB that I can see who could replace D-Hall and do his job better, it's Marcus Trufant.

Thoughts?

thaflameofatlanta (1/5/2008)
We all know that if we don't please Hall with who he wants as HC, he's going to try to leave.

If this happens, I say let him leave...and go after Marcus Trufant. He's definitely a Top 10 CB in the game, he's got speed, he's a great cover back, he's aggressive but not too overly aggressive like Hall, and he's just a great player. The only thing I hope is that if we do go looking for a CB, that he isn't too pricey. Other than that, if there's one FA CB that I can see who could replace D-Hall and do his job better, it's Marcus Trufant.

Thoughts?

Players that are on good team don't usually leave and good teams don't usually let players like that go either.

Thoughts?

Are you basing your opinion off your watching all the Seahawks games this year or just this playoff game? You would let the 24 yr old good CB walk and go after the 27 ry old good CB?

While I agree Trufant is one of the better CB's, this is as healthy as he has been in a while. I still say you keep D-Hall. There isn't anything wrong with trying to go after someone in FA, but keep the best one you have.

july425 (1/5/2008)

Thoughts?

Are you basing your opinion off your watching all the Seahawks games this year or just this playoff game? You would let the 24 yr old good CB walk and go after the 27 ry old good CB?

Through the magical wonders of the internets, I have been able to garner video footage of the Seahawks play this year. Trufant has played magnificently this year for Seattle, he is definitely worthy of his Pro Bowl nod.

That being said, it's not a guarantee that Seattle will let him go. The same thing with Atlanta when it concerns D-Hall. There's no guarantee that we'll let Hall go. Maybe they'll be smart and keep Trufant, and maybe we'll be smart as well and keep Hall. But who knows.

I'm just saying: If we end up without Hall, we should at least make a run at trying to pick up Trufant, no matter what Seattle does.

dakid (1/5/2008)
Trufant is not leaving Seattle. He was born and raised there.

Ding, ding, ding! That's the answer.

My thing is...if we sign someone, we will NEED to overpay to get whoever will come here. Its not like we have we have a winning organization right now. We are trying to create one.

The way to create one...keep the stars on your team and build around them.

falconva7 (1/6/2008)
Trufant benefits from playing on a great defense with pass rushers like Julian Peterson, Patrick Kerney, and Darryl Tapp. Plus he has good safeties in Brian Russell and Deon Grant. I doubt he would have the same success in Atlanta.

Falconva...great post! You MUST be a VT fan! LOL! j/k

We are not the team Seattle is. We are in need, of help.

july425 (1/5/2008)

Thoughts?

Through the magical wonders of the internets, I have been able to garner video footage of the Seahawks play this year. Trufant has played magnificently this year for Seattle, he is definitely worthy of his Pro Bowl nod.

That being said, it's not a guarantee that Seattle will let him go. The same thing with Atlanta when it concerns D-Hall. There's no guarantee that we'll let Hall go. Maybe they'll be smart and keep Trufant, and maybe we'll be smart as well and keep Hall. But who knows.

I'm just saying: If we end up without Hall, we should at least make a run at trying to pick up Trufant, no matter what Seattle does.

to think seattle thanks Mora for thier improvement. i think we should resign Mora, and keep our OC/DC that we have now. Mora could motivate our guys, and our guy cared about him, and i bet most of them would like to have him as a coach. He got fired because of his coordinators. they sucked.