Jamaal Anderson finished 2007 only 2 sacks behind Warren Sapp

michaelgee

I read yesterday that Warren Sapp had only 2 sacks for the entire season in 2007.

Our rookie finished just 2 sacks behind a Pro Bowler.

Ya'll need to get off Jamaal's back and let the kid develop. After 2008 judge him then but not in a rookie years with the screwed up system he started with.

I suspect that Jamaal may move positions before he finds his natural position, give the dude some time. It isn't like we had the same defense in 2 consecutive games, the d was trying to gel and it never fully happened. Don't crush a rookie, who held the point, but just hasn't had time to develop the moves he will need in the NFL.

We ALL knew he was a rookie when he was drafted.

michaelgee (1/5/2008)
I read yesterday that Warren Sapp had only 2 sacks for the entire season in 2007.

Ya'll need to get off Jamaal's back and let the kid develop. After 2008 judge him then but not in a rookie years with the screwed up system he started with.

I suspect that Jamaal may move positions before he finds his natural position, give the dude some time. It isn't like we had the same defense in 2 consecutive games, the d was trying to gel and it never fully happened. Don't crush a rookie, who held the point, but just hasn't had time to develop the moves he will need in the NFL.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm really not sure where you're going with this analogy. Warren Sapp is a DT, sacks are important for these guys, but not NEARLY as important as it is for a DE. I guess if we're using that analogy, I was only 2 sacks away from a pro bowler too. I'm a beast in Madden, but I had no idea I was that good! You just made my day!

michaelgee (1/5/2008)

I also finished 2 sacks behind Warren Sapp. I too will not call him a bust, but he definitely did not fill expectations.

michaelgee (1/5/2008)

Lol Sapp is a Dt, He is 35 years old and he just announced his retirement because he can no longer play at the level he would like to.

He had 50 tackles (20 more than Anderson) 2 sacks (2 more) and 2 ff (1 more)

So Sapp is retiring pretty much because he is 35 and had the worst year of his career yet it was way better than Andersons.

Maybe Jamaal Anderson should be the one retiring

Bloodhoundz Reborn (1/5/2008)
This thread didn't help Jamaal at all, now it just makes him look even worse.

When i heard Tom Brady won MVP i couldnt understand why then i realized he had as many sacks as Jamaal Anderson and it finally made sense.

Having as many sacks as a DE when you only play on offense is pretty **** impressive.

thenfl (1/5/2008)
Bloodhoundz Reborn (1/5/2008)
This thread didn't help Jamaal at all, now it just makes him look even worse.

When i heard Tom Brady won MVP i couldnt understand why then i realized he had as many sacks as Jamaal Anderson and it finally made sense.

Having as many sacks as a DE when you only play on offense is pretty **** impressive.

LMAO