Can't wait for next year

I love to see the team on the field but last season took a toll on me. To see them so inept and weak pained me. Each loss left me in a rotten mood all week and it made me almost afraid to see how poorly they would play the next week.

With that being said...I am cautiously optimistic for next season. A great coach and GM, sound Free agent market and smart draft and we could be back in business. Thing is....thats alot of if's.

The silver lining is that we almost HAVE to improve over last season and that would make me happy. To see the team on the right track headed UPWARD would be enough for me to get fired up again and actually enjoy seeing them play again.

foreveriloveatlanta (1/5/2008)
I was just wondering who all on here is dying to see us play again. No matter how bad things go, I absolutely love watching the Falcons and I can't wait to see us take the field again with a fresh start. It's gonna be a long offseason, but I think I look forward to watching the Falcons play more than anything else.

This is an exciting offseason for the Falcons. It's like the hot stove in baseball. A new GM. A new HC. A new QB. A new era.

I was just wondering who all on here is dying to see us play again. No matter how bad things go, I absolutely love watching the Falcons and I can't wait to see us take the field again with a fresh start. It's gonna be a long offseason, but I think I look forward to watching the Falcons play more than anything else.

I'm definitely ready. I can't wait to find out what new guys we're getting from GM, to HC, to draft or FA. It'll be like Christmas again...without the neckties and socks!!!

I most definitly am dying to watch th falcons play again i cant get enough of falcons football. I think if we draft well and add a few key guys we could be a team on the rise next year! GO FALCONS!

I'm actually guardedly optimistic about our future. It seems like some of the more poisonous aspects of our team have left and we have a chance to get a "do-over."

It's crucial that we get it right this time. Our GM and head coach have a ton of work to do and it's going to be tough. But it can be done.

People who talk about it taking us 3-5 years to become competitive again don't know squat about the NFL. A couple of good drafts and some smart free agent moves and we're right back in the mix.

gritblitzer (1/5/2008)
I'm actually guardedly optimistic about our future. It seems like some of the more poisonous aspects of our team have left and we have a chance to get a "do-over."

It's crucial that we get it right this time. Our GM and head coach have a ton of work to do and it's going to be tough. But it can be done.

People who talk about it taking us 3-5 years to become competitive again don't know squat about the NFL. A couple of good drafts and some smart free agent moves and we're right back in the mix.

right you are sir

gritblitzer (1/5/2008)

It helps playing in the NFC South. It's not like the New England Patriots are in our division. Nobody made the Pro Bowl from the NFC South. There is no dominant team.

he hate me (1/5/2008)
gritblitzer (1/5/2008)

It helps playing in the NFC South. It's not like the New England Patriots are in our division. Nobody made the Pro Bowl from the NFC South. There is no dominant team.

Which is why I see a quicker turnaround than in most years. We used to play in the NFC West, where we had to worry about San Fransisco as the undisputed king of that division every year. This division, there IS no undisputed king. Tampa Bay basically won by default because Carolina was hurt, New Orleans killed themselves like they historically do, and we just had the year from ****. All Tampa Bay had to do was be consistent, and they won. IN a division where all you have to do is be decent (or at worst, 9-7) to win the division, then nobody is 3-5 years away. The Falcons just might be 1-2 years away, which is why I have more hope than ever.