Which Falcons should be worried about their jobs if Heckert is hired?

he hate me

he hate me (1/5/2008)
Who is gone?

Kynan Forney is gone

Todd McClure is gone

Warrick Dunn is gone

Joe Horn is gone

Byron Leftwich is gone

Heckert's first task will be to rebuild the offensive line with some behemoths. Forney and McClure are lightweights who don't get any push in the run game and give too much ground in the passing game.

Heckert also won't put up with huge contracts for aging vets who don't produce - bye Warrick, bye Joe, buh-bye Byron.

Philly is fantastic with the cap as well. It will take Heckert at least 2 years to straighten out this cap mess - and once accomplished, we will never be in "cap ****" again. This was one of the weaker areas with McKay.

g-dawg (1/5/2008)
he hate me (1/5/2008)
Who is gone?

Kynan Forney is gone

Todd McClure is gone

Warrick Dunn is gone

Joe Horn is gone

Byron Leftwich is gone

Heckert's first task will be to rebuild the offensive line with some behemoths. Forney and McClure are lightweights who don't get any push in the run game and give too much ground in the passing game.

Heckert also won't put up with huge contracts for aging vets who don't produce - bye Warrick, bye Joe, buh-bye Byron.

Philly is fantastic with the cap as well. It will take Heckert at least 2 years to straighten out this cap mess - and once accomplished, we will never be in "cap ****" again. This was one of the weaker areas with McKay.

Yup, good post. If I had to fault Blank and McKay for anything, it would be some of the contracts this team is dealing with.

I think Brookings days might also be numbered. Depending on what we do in free agency, we might also be free of Harrington.

g-dawg (1/5/2008)
he hate me (1/5/2008)
Who is gone?

Kynan Forney is gone

Todd McClure is gone

Warrick Dunn is gone

Joe Horn is gone

Byron Leftwich is gone

I hope the fan base won't turn on Heckert when FA starts for not making big splashes. The Eagles never made big splashes in FA apart from the year they signed T.O and the freak.

he hate me (1/5/2008)
g-dawg (1/5/2008)
he hate me (1/5/2008)
Who is gone?

Kynan Forney is gone

Todd McClure is gone

Warrick Dunn is gone

Joe Horn is gone

Byron Leftwich is gone

I hope the fan base won't turn on Heckert when FA starts for not making big splashes. The Eagles never made big splashes in FA apart from the year they signed T.O and the freak.

A lot of that was Andy Reid too. Arthur Blank and Rich McKay have already commented publicly that the Falcons will make big splashes in FA this off-season. A little out of character for both of them, but they did say it.

socalfalconfan (1/5/2008)

Arthur Blank and Rich McKay have already commented publicly that the Falcons will make big splashes in FA this off-season. A little out of character for both of them, but they did say it.

Remains to be seen of course, but I think they feel as if they owe it to the fans to at least try and bring in some FA's.

g-dawg (1/5/2008)
he hate me (1/5/2008)
Who is gone?

Kynan Forney is gone

Todd McClure is gone

Warrick Dunn is gone

Joe Horn is gone

Byron Leftwich is gone

McClure and Forney are not trash. As a matter of fact, they are very good zone blockers. More and more teams are switching to zone blocking, so I think that they have trade value. Why not try to package both players for a draft pick? If I were switching to a zone blocking scheme, I would gladly give up a third round pick for McClure and Forney.

g-dawg (1/5/2008)
he hate me (1/5/2008)
Who is gone?

Kynan Forney is gone

Todd McClure is gone

Warrick Dunn is gone

Joe Horn is gone

Byron Leftwich is gone

we wont know who is gone until he does it, but i just really hope he is our next GM.