Who do they play like?

capATL

I have seen several references to Joe Flacco being compared to Big Ben. He is big, strong, sheds tacklers, has a quick release, and stands in the pocket tall and confident.

I have not seen similar comparisons for the other QBs in the draft. What about Brohm, Ryan, Woodson, Dixon, Brennan, Henne, Booty, Ainge, or any of the others? Who do they remind you of?

Brohm - Peyton (mentally) at best; Bulger at worst

--Injuries have to be considered.

Ryan - Tom Brady at best; Derek Anderson at worst

--Spreads the ball around and can still get it done w/ little talent; put a supporting cast around him and then you really get Brady

Woodson - Byron Leftwich (no injuries); agree with this one. David Carr at worse

Dixon - Seneca Wallace or WR

Flacco - The only resemblance to Big Ben is height. He's a pocket guy, has a big arm; but is not mobile like Big Ben. Palmer at best or just flat out hype; great arm though

Ainge: Possibly the greatest boom or bust guy in the draft; Schaub comes to mind w/ him

Brian Brohm - Kurt Warner ...Doesn't posses a great arm, but extremely accurate.

Matt Ryan - Eli Manning ...Has skills, but struggles with accuracy and INTs.

Andre Woodson - Jason Campbell ...Strong arm, decent accuracy, but could take time to develop.

Colt Brennan - Phillip Rivers ...Similar side arm release and level of accuracy.

Joe Flacco - Derek Anderson ...Too immobile to be compared to Big Ben.

Dennis Dixon - Vince Young ...Mobile, but has a weak arm that was hidden by the spread option at Oregon (same with Young at Texas).

M.Ryan=E.Manning(good QB but forces the issue)

B.Brohm=M.Bulger(smart, decent arm, but durability issues)

A.Woodson=P.Rivers(Big, good arm, but lacks great pocket presence..also funky delivery)

C.Henne=J.Delhomme(a little short, good arm and can make all the throws/gets banged up)

E.Ainge=C.Pennington(good size and smarts, but lacks ideal arm strength)

J.Flacco=D.Anderson(ideal size and arm strength, but college career leaves ?????)

D.Dixon=D.McNabb(good size/height, good arm strength and can run/some injury concerns)

C.Brennan=A.Smith(ok size, good arm strength, but ?able comp. in college/ system QB)

squirreldawg (1/4/2008)

A.Woodson=P.Rivers(Big, good arm, but lacks great pocket presence..also funky delivery)

C.Henne=J.Delhomme(a little short, good arm and can make all the throws/gets banged up)

J.Flacco=D.Anderson(ideal size and arm strength, but college career leaves ?????)

D.Dixon=D.McNabb(good size/height, good arm strength and can run)

C.Brennan=A.Smith(ok size, good arm strength, but ?able comp. in college/ system QB)

Ainge makes too many mistakes for my liking.

squirreldawg (1/4/2008)

D.Dixon=D.McNabb(good size/height, good arm strength and can run/some injury concerns)

I can understand you Ryan, Brohm, Flaccom, and to some extent Woodson and Henne comparisons (Although this is the first time Henne has been injured) but I strongly dissagree with the others.

Ainge's smarts are his weakness....he deffinatly has an NFL arm

Dixon doesn't have near the arm strength, accuracy, or awareness of McNabb

And Brennan's arm is pathetic

JRob215 (1/4/2008)

I'd disagree. In terms of how far he can throw the ball, who knows, but he can put a lot of zip on the ball.

I've watched him play 3 or 4 times this year and I;ve never seen him put anything I would call zip on the ball.

With his low release, weak arm, and ****** attitude I don't see Brennan ever making it in the NFL.

not to rain on anyones parade, but the more i think about it the more i realize how DUMB it is to compare NFL prospects to players already competing in the NFL. none of them are ever going to be the same, so why compare them? it just gives you a false representation of either what to expect or what their strengths or weaknesses are, which is only a bad thing.

matt ryan-tom brady, i really dont think many of you have watched this guy play and if you have it was prob. only a game or 2. he has a great arm, quick realese and is a leader. he did the most with 0 talent around him.

andre woodson- kerry collins i thought was a great comparison. this guy i believe is a bust.

dennis dixion- akili smith- this is another guy who i think will be a bust.

brohm- not really sure cause i havent watched that much of him to be honest.

joe flacco- drew bledsoe

other guys who i would need to watch a little before i say anything is henne, john david.

FalcsForLife (1/4/2008)
squirreldawg (1/4/2008)

I can understand you Ryan, Brohm, Flaccom, and to some extent Woodson and Henne comparisons (Although this is the first time Henne has been injured) but I strongly dissagree with the others.

Ainge's smarts are his weakness....he deffinatly has an NFL arm

Dixon doesn't have near the arm strength, accuracy, or awareness of McNabb

:unsure:.......I don't think we are watching the same games????

From the games I have seen:

(1) Ainge's arm-strength is average at best, that is what leads to the INTs more so than the decision making. But I guess it can be looked at as bad decisions to think you can make a throw that your arm can't pull off. He is very football smart(just ask Cutcliff).:D

(2) Dixon's comparison was the best I could come up with for current QBs. His stats from 07 support this comparison, but that is just 1 season. Both mobile but look to throw first. I could also use Garrard I suppose.

(3) Brennan's arm strength is above average from what I have seen. Also has a very quick release. By the way that comp. is Alex Smith not Akili.;):w00t: . With that said, Brennan's position on the list was not by accident. Out of the Top QBs in the draft, I think he has the biggest "BUST" potential.

FalcsForLife (1/4/2008)
Brennen - Convenient store clerk

That`s cold man.

Why so much hate and animosity towards Brennan? I`ve watched every single Hawaii game Brennan has started and his arm strength is better than half, if not more than the QB`s in this draft.

His release is uncanny, but quick. Accuracy is another positive for him. Put him behind a solid OLine and he will perform well. Yeah, he may have the biggest bust potential because of who he is, where he plays and the system he`s from, but he`s a heck of a QB.

FalcsForLife (1/4/2008)
I've watched him play 3 or 4 times this year and I;ve never seen him put anything I would call zip on the ball.

With his low release, weak arm, and ****** attitude I don't see Brennan ever making it in the NFL.

I`m not sure if you were watching the same game as me. The only games you could`ve seen are the nationally televised games and he`s performed well in all.

San Jose State - threw INT`s, but led his team back for a win.

Fresno State - solid performance, got knocked out with a concussion. Hawaii won.

Boise State - Lit up the Broncos D.

Washington - Lit up the Huskies D.

I gotta know, why all the hate and animosity?