Why have HATE for BLANK????

He made some hires that didn't work out, but the he wants to win & tried to correct his mistakes. Still the guy dealt in good faith with people who misrepresented themselves and betrayed his trust, stole his money & embarrassed his franchise. I give him credit for not giving in to the shakedown Parcells attepted; thinking the poor guy was desperate enought to get into a bidding war with the Dolphins for a fine coach- but an undistinguished executive.

Blank never claimed to be a football man, but who can say he's not putting his heart into this team? He's been criticized for being too hands on, but this franchise doesn't have a great history & he invested a lot to bring a winner to town. He's showing a lot of humility by making "housecalls" to interview for the current vacancies. Humility is VERY DIFFERENT from Desperation. Dont confuse them.

The Irsay family before Peyton & Dungy (Colts), the Bidwells (Cardinals) & the Umbrella twirling Mr. Benson in New Orleans were at some point regarded as poster children for inept ownership. Blank has a lot farther to fall before he gets to that level.

He's no AL DAVIS. HE's NO JERRY JONES. BUT....

HE'S NO RANKIN SMITH!!!!!

(at least be glad for that)

Rankin Smith.

Smith's intentions were good, but his efforts at building a winning franchise are far surpassed by the efforts being made now by Blank.

Blank reminds me of Ted Turner when Turner first bought the Braves. Turner was buried in all the minutia associated with operating the Braves. He desperately wanted to build a winning team. He even became manager for a game. His efforts were finally rewarded when he realized that he was not a "baseball" man. He hired capable "baseball" people to run the team, and 14 consecutive division titles later, the rest became history.

I dislike Blank because of the way he raises the ticket prices, except for the upcomming year, every year but the quality of the team does not improve. he raised the prices until I could no longer afford to go to games. I had season tickets since the dome opened until I did not renew last year.

nordy02 (1/4/2008)
Rankin Smith.

Smith's intentions were good, but his efforts at building a winning franchise are far surpassed by the efforts being made now by Blank.

Blank reminds me of Ted Turner when Turner first bought the Braves. Turner was buried in all the minutia associated with operating the Braves. He desperately wanted to build a winning team. He even became manager for a game. His efforts were finally rewarded when he realized that he was not a "baseball" man. He hired capable "baseball" people to run the team, and 14 consecutive division titles later, the rest became history.

My hope is that Blank has finally gotten to the point where he knows he has to left football people run his football organization. With the names being looked at, I think he is on the right path. Maybe McKenzie is the Falcon's John Schuerholz

atlfalcon78 (1/4/2008)
My hope is that Blank has finally gotten to the point where he knows he has to left football people run his football organization. With the names being looked at, I think he is on the right path. Maybe McKenzie is the Falcon's John Schuerholz

I hope you are right. It took Turner, an astute and successful business man in his own right, well over a decade to realize that he needed someone else to call the shots with the Braves.

You know, he tried doing this already and it resulted in Mora and Petrino. McKay was advising him and pretty much calling the shots and we saw how that worked out. Now, even though McKay is still with the team (and everyone is griping about the extensions he is getting), McKay no longer has say so. He was promoted to a position in which he will be making decisions about stadium renovations and such, perhaps admin staff too. But, for all intents and purposes, McKay has been kicked to the curb (and we're still grumblin' and moanin' about it).

Now with what has taken place with Petrino (who was McKay's man), Blank is doing the right thing and taking a very hands on approach in hiring the next GM and HC. If he's smart, he'll go with his own gut instinct if the right HC candidate comes to light in these meetings and interviews he is holding now. He can hire the next GM and make him give the new HC ample time to succeed or get canned (3-4 years). If that HC candidate doesn't appear or he finds who he wants for GM during the search for a new HC, the new GM can then have input on the hire. That doesn't mean Blank will hire that HC. He might in turn decide after listening to bad advice previously from McKay, he could trump the GM and hire who he wants. In all likelihood, he and the GM will come to an agreement on that new HC.

I think he's doing the right thing in light of what has happened over the past year and he certainly seems to be combing the brush for a very good GM. The HC interviews might only be a half-hearted effort in case we don't get a GM in a timely manner. If it takes us a few months or a year to find a GM, he will have wished he was diligent in interviewing HCs during this bye week of the playoffs. And now he can say he has done that much at least.

I trust Blank to do what is best for this franchise. He wants to be successful as much or more than any of us do.

celtik

falcon_freddie (1/4/2008)
Because a large percentage of posters on this board are trolls / whiny idiots.

That's not meant as a joke, but as a candid observation.

Agreed! AND....McKay and Blank are "easy targets" because they are in the spotlight as the hierarchy.

IMHO, Blank has done wonders for this team compared to the Smiths.

IMHO, Blank has done wonders for this team compared to the Smiths.

Like what? Raising ticket prices of long-term ticket-holders just to "claim" to lower prices of other seats is not a improvement. That just proves how easily he can manipulate people like you. You should be horrified with the decisions he has made regarding people that represent our team.