Georgia will finish the season #2

LawDawg

With both Oklahoma and VaTech losing, Georgia has a very good chance of finishing at #2 in the final rankings, unless Southern Cal somehow jumps overs the Dawgs.

I predict the rankings will end like this:

1. LSU

2. Georgia

3. Southern Cal

4. Ohio State

5. West Virginia

6. Missouri

7. Kansas

8. Oklahoma

9. Virginia Tech

10. Boston College

Perhaps, but there is nothing in the BCS system that mandates that the loser of the NCG shall finish the season at #2, especially if Ohio State gets shellacked in that game. Moreover, the AP poll will surely slip the loser past #2 when it's all said and done.

LawDawg (1/4/2008)
Perhaps, but there is nothing in the BCS system that mandates that the loser of the NCG shall finish the season at #2, especially if Ohio State gets shellacked in that game. Moreover, the AP poll will surely slip the loser past #2 when it's all said and done.

you may be right, but i think that's how things will end up.. i also think ohio state wins that game..

I hope so, but I won't be surprised if USC is ahead of us... the media infatuation with that program is ridiculous. UGA has gotten a lot of love as well, but I heard a lot more excuses for Hawaii than praises for UGA after the Sugar Bowl (and during it)... which I suppose is to be expected, but then again a lot more people were picking Hawaii to upset UGA than were picking Illinois to upset USC.

I do agree though... I don't see the loser of the title game falling below #2 unless it's a blowout.

LawDawg (1/4/2008)
With both Oklahoma and VaTech losing, Georgia has a very good chance of finishing at #2 in the final rankings, unless Southern Cal somehow jumps overs the Dawgs.

I predict the rankings will end like this:

1. LSU

2. Georgia

3. Southern Cal

4. Ohio State

5. West Virginia

6. Missouri

7. Kansas

8. Oklahoma

9. Virginia Tech

10. Boston College

southern cal and UGA could be flipped. it all depends, but i see USC anD UGA up top next year 1/2, and i doubt UF will be there, because it seems since the loss to Mich. they havent been getting good coverage, and harvey goes.

SacFalcFan (1/4/2008)
LawDawg (1/4/2008)

you may be right, but i think that's how things will end up.. i also think ohio state wins that game..

Really?...I dunno Sac, I hope you're wrong.

Carter (1/4/2008)
I hope so, but I won't be surprised if USC is ahead of us... the media infatuation with that program is ridiculous. UGA has gotten a lot of love as well, but I heard a lot more excuses for Hawaii than praises for UGA after the Sugar Bowl (and during it)... which I suppose is to be expected, but then again a lot more people were picking Hawaii to upset UGA than were picking Illinois to upset USC.

I do agree though... I don't see the loser of the title game falling below #2 unless it's a blowout.

USC won't jump over UGA at the end in the BCS Standings. UGA will move up to #3 or #2 depending on what happens and USC will move up to #4 IMO. Kansas will finish it out at #5.

doogiehouser (1/4/2008)
SacFalcFan (1/4/2008)
LawDawg (1/4/2008)

Really?...I dunno Sac, I hope you're wrong.

me too..

SacFalcFan (1/4/2008)
Carter (1/4/2008)

USC won't jump over UGA at the end in the BCS Standings. UGA will move up to #3 or #2 depending on what happens and USC will move up to #4 IMO. Kansas will finish it out at #5.

Man, I hope you're right. I think the media lovefest for USC will put them in front of UGA though. They shouldn't though and I have 3 reasons:

1. UGA beat a higher ranked opponent in Hawaii vs USC over Illinois.

2. UGA was ranked higher than USC going into the bowl season.

3. UGA played a much tougher schedule than USC.

VH (1/4/2008)
SacFalcFan (1/4/2008)
Carter (1/4/2008)

Man, I hope you're right. I think the media lovefest for USC will put them in front of UGA though. They shouldn't though and I have 3 reasons:

Yea , does not mean they will not get hosed

savwboy savwboy (1/4/2008)
VH (1/4/2008)
SacFalcFan (1/4/2008)
Carter (1/4/2008)

Yea , does not mean they will not get hosed

yea we got hosed out of the nat champ. people will rate hawaii lower, and just say that they werent supose to be here, when hawaii could have been any team besides USC( they were like us). like us they were going to KILL any team in their way to prove to the BCS committee that they made a mistake.

it was brought up on espn today about uga and how the teams who jumped them are losing. LOL Kirk h did an about face and said that uga probably is one of the two best teams in the country after looking it all. mark may had to back track after his idiot hawaii will blow out uga comments and was saying "umm we are really just doing this for tv entertainment".. espn college guys are pure idiots. we have people on this board who can see the facts about games better than these guys.. you have corso and may saying uga wouldn't be able to be on the same field with hawaii and would be blown out by them.. you have kirk h picking uga as the upset pick. you have holtz changing his mind on that pick almost every other show. it's ridiculous these guys have the power to influence college football and bowl games.

SacFalcFan (1/5/2008)
it was brought up on espn today about uga and how the teams who jumped them are losing. LOL Kirk h did an about face and said that uga probably is one of the two best teams in the country after looking it all. mark may had to back track after his idiot hawaii will blow out uga comments and was saying "umm we are really just doing this for tv entertainment".. espn college guys are pure idiots. we have people on this board who can see the facts about games better than these guys.. you have corso and may saying uga wouldn't be able to be on the same field with hawaii and would be blown out by them.. you have kirk h picking uga as the upset pick. you have holtz changing his mind on that pick almost every other show. it's ridiculous these guys have the power to influence college football and bowl games.

I don't think they have as much influence as they think. Seriously, everyone with any stake in the NCAA know ESPN is moronic.

it's real tough to predict right now. I think if LSU loses they will drop down far, but if OSU loses i don't see them dropping to much. Missouri, WVU, Kansas, USC, and UGA could all make a strong case for number 2.

My prediction:

1. LSU

2. USC

3. UGA

4. WVU

5. Kansas

6. Missouri

7. OSU

but i think, to start next year, it will go:

1. USC

2. UGA

SacFalcFan (1/5/2008)

Yeah, I think too many people fell in love with the David over Goliath upset, and we have Oklahoma last year to thank for that, in addition to all the craziness this year (app state over Michigan, etc.). That explains Herbstreit's, Corso's, and May's comments. As for Holtz, he forgets what he says after every show anyways:laugh:. For example, I'm pretty sure that at the very beginning of this season, Holtz said that Notre Dame was going to win 10 games this year.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

My prediction is...

1. LSU

2. USC

3. West Virginia

4. Ohio State

5. Kansas

6. Missouri

7. Georgia

8. Oklahoma

9. Virginia Tech

10. Boston College

Believe me when I say it, we will be robbed once again this season.

Come on, we were ranked #4 at the end of our season and then had the top 2 teams above us lose and instead of moving up we dropped one spot. USC will be ranked above us, you can bank on that. Outside of Georgia no one likes us.

Andrew (1/6/2008)
My prediction is...

1. LSU

2. USC

3. West Virginia

4. Ohio State

5. Kansas

6. Missouri

7. Georgia

8. Oklahoma

9. Virginia Tech

10. Boston College

Come on, we were ranked #4 at the end of our season and then had the top 2 teams above us lose and instead of moving up we dropped one spot. USC will be ranked above us, you can bank on that. Outside of Georgia no one likes us.

I think uga gets no2 "if ohio st blows out lsu",usc blewout illinios and uga blewout hawaii.

hawaii was undefeated that has to say something that illinois can't say.

If lsu wins than uga gets no3 regardless of blowout or not, it's just bias like that.

Andrew (1/6/2008)
My prediction is...

1. LSU

2. USC

3. West Virginia

4. Ohio State

5. Kansas

6. Missouri

7. Georgia

8. Oklahoma

9. Virginia Tech

10. Boston College

I believe the preseason poll will be affected by tomorrow night's game.. If ohio state wins, they will be the #1 team coming in.

If LSU wins then Ohio state will be a top 5, but not #1..

My top 5 prediction for ending this year:

If LSU wins:

1. LSU

2. OSU

3. UGA

4. USC

5. Kansas

I don't see usc jumping over uga. That won't happen.

If OSU wins,

1. OSU

2. UGA

3. USC

4. Kansas

5. LSU

Now for 2008:

If OSU wins:

1. OSU

2. UGA

3. USC

4. Oklah¬ oma

5. West Virginia

If LSU wis:

1. UGA

2. USC

3. Oklahoma

4. OSU

5. LSU

SacFalcFan (1/6/2008)
Andrew (1/6/2008)
My prediction is...

1. LSU

2. USC

3. West Virginia

4. Ohio State

5. Kansas

6. Missouri

7. Georgia

8. Oklahoma

9. Virginia Tech

10. Boston College

I believe the preseason poll will be affected by tomorrow night's game.. If ohio state wins, they will be the #1 team coming in.

If LSU wins:

1. LSU

2. OSU

3. UGA

4. USC

5. Kansas

If OSU wins,

1. OSU

2. UGA

3. USC

4. Kansas

5. LSU

Now for 2008:

If OSU wins:

1. OSU

2. UGA

3. USC

4. Oklah¬ oma

5. West Virginia

If LSU wis:

1. UGA

2. USC

3. Oklahoma

4. OSU

5. LSU

I disagree if lsu looses by anymore than a margin of three points the last two loses by lsu it will discredit the sec and drop uga a spot or two.

ty down (1/6/2008)
SacFalcFan (1/6/2008)
Andrew (1/6/2008)
My prediction is...

1. LSU

2. USC

3. West Virginia

4. Ohio State

5. Kansas

6. Missouri

7. Georgia

8. Oklahoma

9. Virginia Tech

10. Boston College

If LSU wins:

1. LSU

2. OSU

3. UGA

4. USC

5. Kansas

If OSU wins,

1. OSU

2. UGA

3. USC

4. Kansas

5. LSU

Now for 2008:

If OSU wins:

1. OSU

2. UGA

3. USC

4. Oklah¬ oma

5. West Virginia

If LSU wis:

1. UGA

2. USC

3. Oklahoma

4. OSU

5. LSU

I disagree if lsu looses by anymore than a margin of three points the last two loses by lsu it will discredit the sec and drop uga a spot or two.

we will disagree here. if lsu loses, what you will hear about are the 3 teams that jumped over uga all lost.. uga will receive a lot of national love and has received a bunch where even the idiot espn pundits are backtacking on their comments.