ESPN is really playing up this "The Super Dome is a home game for LSU" excuse

halsey

Story of LSU's season.... every meaningful game they had this year was at home, other than Kentucky. And now the title game is in their back yard.

It's stupid of them to say that it's an LSU home game, though... Ohio State travels so well, they could easily make it a 50/50 crowd.

Last year it was the long layoff... this year it's the location. ESPN analysts are officially wankers.

Headshot (1/4/2008)
mbrizzle (1/4/2008)
I hope Ohio State wins. I'm kind of sick of people saying they're slow etc.

Unless you're an Ohio State fan why would you care?

Because the ignorance is annoying. They have the 2nd most players in the NFL. More than any SEC team. Not to mention some of the fastest players in the NFL. And I really dont have any love for LSU either.

mbrizzle (1/4/2008)
Because the ignorance is annoying. They have the 2nd most players in the NFL. More than any SEC team. Not to mention some of the fastest players in the NFL. And I really dont have any love for LSU either.

They sure looked fast against Florida last year.... well, Ginn did anyways... until he got hurt celebrating the only big play they had in the game.

I think OSU being slow is played up a bit, but they definitely don't match the speed of any given SEC team. They have a lot more talent than some SEC teams, but there's a reason OSU is 0-8 against the SEC in bowl games.

I think they have an outside shot at winning, but I think LSU will win. They underestimated Florida last year and didn't prepare for them properly, but the team they are facing this year has an even better defense and a similar offense other than a pocket passer. LSU has a better ground game than Florida had last year, but I think that's going to be the strength of OSU's defense against LSU... they're going to make Flynn have to beat them mostly through the air, I think.

gritzblitz56 (1/4/2008)
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has noticed that. But ESPN should know better. Both schools are given an equal allotment of tickets. Ohio State had no problem in bringing a large crowd to Arizona last season. If they can't do the same in New Orleans, then that's their problem.

ohio state is one of the best schools when it comes to traveling.. lsu will have more fans there, but ohio state fans will be packed in there as well.. it should be a great crowd..

Ohio State, once again, looked overrated. It must be nice to play in the Big 10 with the national media all over your jock and teams like Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue and Michigan State making up a large part of the schedule. If not for the big run by Wells, the int on a miscommunication between Flynn and his reciever and the late TD it would have been a complete blowout.

I love how Ohio State's O-line was once again being hyped up and once again was overmatched.

mbrizzle (1/4/2008)
Headshot (1/4/2008)
mbrizzle (1/4/2008)

Is 9 losses in 9 tries ignorance?

ki45toryu (1/8/2008)
mbrizzle (1/4/2008)
Headshot (1/4/2008)
mbrizzle (1/4/2008)

Is 9 losses in 9 tries ignorance?

Yeah there kinda comes a point when the line between ignorance and truth starts to become blurred, if not erased altogether.

Ohio State just can't play against the SEC.

halsey (1/8/2008)
Ohio State, once again, looked overrated. It must be nice to play in the Big 10 with the national media all over your jock and teams like Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue and Michigan State making up a large part of the schedule. If not for the big run by Wells, the int on a miscommunication between Flynn and his reciever and the late TD it would have been a complete blowout.

I love how Ohio State's O-line was once again being hyped up and once again was overmatched.

Lee Corso is an absolute idiot! He played up OSU's o-line so much -- they are bigger, more physical, and faster than LSU's d-line -- well, whatcha say now, Corso??

I guess LSU's d-line showed him, huh?

loozianafalcon (1/8/2008)
halsey (1/8/2008)

Lee Corso is an absolute idiot! He played up OSU's o-line so much -- they are bigger, more physical, and faster than LSU's d-line -- well, whatcha say now, Corso??

I guess LSU's d-line showed him, huh?

I think that the Ohio St. O-Line played well...even without the 65 yard TD run they had a good YPC average and a lot of our pressure came off good coverage.