my opinion on the line....

i think that the biggest problem with our line is that they have been use to blocking for a qb like vick ( a running qb) and then when he got in trouble we had to switch it up and go with a pocket qb in harrington leftwich and redman... and i dont think that picking up justin blailock*** in last years draft was a surprise... after he blocked for running qb in vince... i think our biggest answer could be trying a running qb like Dennis Dixon...

The biggest problem with this line was that the scheme didnt fit thier strengths. Our linemen are smaller, faster zone blocking linemen, not power blocking linemen like what Pigtrino tried to make of them. We were destined to fail before the season even started because we didnt have the right type of personell on our front five to even have a CHANCE to succeed through the ground and air.

This is what i would like to happen in regards to our OL...

We should look heavily into FA for solid starters, that are young... 25-28 is ideal, but i really wouldnt want anyone who was much older than that. Any older and id prefer just to draft them. A good start would be a couple of these guys:

Jordan Gross OT

Stacy Andrews OG

Nat Dorsey OT

Justin Smiley OG

Travelle Wharton OT

After that, i would draft atleast 1 OT with a 2nd round pick and 1 late round OT. I dont think we need to draft 3-4 OL in this draft like others do... We already have adequate backups and some others with decent talent like Clabo and Foster, who with some experience could become valuable starters. Maybe an OC is targeted in the draft also, but i would like to see Datish beat out McClure...

Gandy needs to be cut

Forney may be a trade option

and Weiner still has a couple of seasons in him(if he heals up well or doesnt retire)

An offensive line similar to this would be a remarkable upgrade on last year...

LT: Todd Weiner/Chris Williams/King Dunlap

LG: Justin Blalock/Tyson Clabo

OC: Todd McClure/Doug Datish

RG: Stacy Andrews/Tyson Clabo

RT: Jordan Gross/Renardo Foster

defensedefensedefense (1/4/2008)

We should look heavily into FA for solid starters, that are young... 25-28 is ideal, but i really wouldnt want anyone who was much older than that. Any older and id prefer just to draft them. A good start would be a couple of these guys:

Jordan Gross OT

Stacy Andrews OG

Nat Dorsey OT

Justin Smiley OG

Travelle Wharton OT

After that, i would draft atleast 1 OT with a 2nd round pick and 1 late round OT. I dont think we need to draft 3-4 OL in this draft like others do... We already have adequate backups and some others with decent talent like Clabo and Foster, who with some experience could become valuable starters. Maybe an OC is targeted in the draft also, but i would like to see Datish beat out McClure...

Gandy needs to be cut

and Weiner still has a couple of seasons in him(if he heals up well or doesnt retire)

Todd Weiner gets moved over to the starter on LT????????? Really?:crazy:

He's not good enough to be a LT. Look at back when We had YKW. He was a lefty so Weiner was blocking his blindside, as he would do if he was our LT. How well did he protect the backside of YKW?

IrishDart24 (1/4/2008)
defensedefensedefense (1/4/2008)

Jordan Gross OT

Stacy Andrews OG

Nat Dorsey OT

Justin Smiley OG

Travelle Wharton OT

Gandy needs to be cut

Todd Weiner gets moved over to the starter on LT????????? Really?:crazy:

He's not good enough to be a LT. Look at back when We had YKW. He was a lefty so Weiner was blocking his blindside, as he would do if he was our LT. How well did he protect the backside of YKW?

Weiner will be fine... With better all around play on the OL, it wont be such an issue. We cant fix the OL in one OS, so i think(unless we draft Clady) he would be our best bet to line up at LT.

I am more worried about RG and C if the truth be known... They are the main reason we cannot run block with any effectiveness...