3 Dixon

4 Brennan

5 Henne

Johnson

Booty

Ainge

Flacco

Ryan

I don't like Matt Ryan. I like him even less because he's worse than all of those QBs in every measurable way (except for maybe height and weight), yet is considered better than all of them.

loozianafalcon (1/4/2008)
My top 5 in no particular order:

1. Brohm -- 6'4", 224

2. Henne -- 6'2", 225

3. Flacco -- 6'6", 230

4. Woodson -- 6'5", 230

5. Ryan -- 6'5", 220

My darkhorse is Dennis Dixon from Oregon -- 6'4", 210

Man, I forgot about Eric Ainge of Tenn. (6'6", 220) He's is also one of my top QBs!!!

1. Brohm

2. Brennan

3. Woodson

4. Ryan

5. Henne

I think only the top 4 have a chance to be starters in the league. Everybody else will be out of the league or a career backup. Not a fan of Dixon, because he has a weak arm and is helped greatly by the spread option.

JRob215 (1/5/2008)Not a fan of Dixon, because he has a weak arm and is helped greatly by the spread option.

are you new>????

Dixon has one of the strongest arms in this draft

his deep ball is the best in cfb

he doesnt run a spread option, he runs a spread offense which employs a zone read that is used about 35% of the time

short_stop4 (1/5/2008)

Dude, sorry but thats ludacris. Booty ahead of Brohm?!? Your out of you mind. Literally.

Brian Brohm is the classic perfect size, great motion etc, perfect looking prospect. You have to remember he played no competition in college & wasnt a big game player. I like Brohm Ill even add him as 3B to Bootys 3A. Booty is a sleeper, great pocket QB who does nothing but shine in big situations. Playing out here in a city where USC is basically the NFL team. The microscope he is under is crazy & he performs consistently against real talent.

grendel (1/5/2008)

Brohm faced (I believe) 6 top 35 defenses this year.

IMO the Pac-10 is highly overrated. It's a conference on its way down, whereas the Big East has gotten a LOT better and more competitive over the last 5 years.

Here's the teams in the Big East:

Cincinnati Rutgers

Connecticut South Florida

Louisville Syracuse

Pittsburgh West Virginia

Out of those, only Syracuse still sucks, all of the others have improved a lot. Maybe you missed WVU kicking Oklahoma all over the field?

Being on a squad with a lot of NFL quality players isn't a plus for JDB, IMO, it's a negative. How much of their success is due to his supporting cast? See also: Matt Leinart.

Brian Brohm is the best QB prospect, period. Don't make up something about a weak schedule to knock him, 'cause it's just not true.

ok now I see where your head is at

no way no how is the Pac 10 overrated & I have no clue where you get "on its way down" from??

The Big East is no where near being compared to the pac 10

WVU is a phenomenal team but Oregon (w Dixon) & USC would clobber them.

Oregon with a freshman 5th string QB clobbered USF

UW was our worst team & almost beat Hawaii & actually murdered the big east's worst team SYracuse by like 40

Matt Leinart has had what 5-6 pro games & your calling him a bust already?????

Brohm is a good prospect, the best, not in my opinion but he is a definitely a good prospect. Not worth our 1st round draft pick though because there are simply other players that will be available in later rounds for 1/4 of the $ that will give us everything Brohm would.

USCfalcons23 (1/5/2008)
JRob215 (1/5/2008)Not a fan of Dixon, because he has a weak arm and is helped greatly by the spread option.

he doesnt run a spread option, he runs a spread offense which employs a zone read that is used about 35% of the time

AKA, the spread option...

By lack of arm strength, I meant that he doesn't have much velocity on the ball. I'd say he's a poor man's Vince Young, which is definitely not a good thing considering how much Young has struggled.

1. Brohm - consistent, has been for his entire college career

2. Woodson - I don't like his release, but it's hard to doubt what he's done against top competition

3. Flacco - very intriguing. Huge, great arm, Big Ben II?

4. Henne - I think he's underrated, and more NFL-ready than the rest

5. (insert name)

I've excluded Dixon simply because of his injury. When/if he gets back to full ability, I will adjust my list.

Carter (1/4/2008)
1 Brohm

2 Woodson

3 Dixon

4 Brennan

5 Henne

Johnson

Booty

Ainge

Flacco

Ryan

I don't like Matt Ryan. I like him even less because he's worse than all of those QBs in every measurable way (except for maybe height and weight), yet is considered better than all of them.

Co-signed

Just say no to Matt "the interception machine" Ryan!

1)Woodson- Big time time size, big time arm, and big time numbers against big time competition. Not to mention the durability. He is a guy who can get it done in pressure situations. The scouts haven't embraced him because of his delivery, but it's an exaggerated problem that will haunt the teams who pass on him because of it.

2)Brohm- Team had a disappointing year but it wasn't because of him. Had another great year displaying the ability to deliver the ball all over the field with pinpoint accuracy.

3)Ainge- Not the best arm in the world, but great pocket presence. His arm strength is very underrated because UT doesn't have a deep threat without Meachem. Does not get sacked often. And it can't help when you keep in touch with Peyton Manning.

4)Henne- He's worth taking a shot on with the measurables. He's got a big time arm. If he didn't have the reputation of not winning the big game, you have to wonder what his stock would be like.

5)Johnson- 43/1 TD/INT ratio is unheard of even in high school. Can't wait to see this kid in an exhibition game.

grendel (1/5/2008)

C'mon '89... Ryan? Really? Why?

Honestly, when I see him play I see a young Favre (not as strong of an arm though obviously). He is a fearless gunslinger. It gets him in trouble I know, but the guy oozes confidence. That is huge (just look at Joey), and it is why he will be the top QB taken. He had very little to work with @ BC. He did make some bad decisions, but I have seen his WRs kill his numbers, much like "pick 6" Jenkins has done here.

He also has a "short memory" which is big for a QB. Overall he has top mechanics, is a leader and has all the phyisical and mental tools. I agree there is more of a risk to him, but if he puts it all together I really think he can be a great one.

I am not asking anyone to agree, its just my opinion. If I am drafting a QB with a top 5 pick I am not taking the one who I am confident will be OK, I am taking the one I think can be great. I think Brohm could be very good as well. I am still torn between the 2.