Garrett is said to be intrigued with Blank and the Falcons organization

he hate me

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=6...eo&confirm=true

Posted: 23 hours 33 minutes ago

Blank on the road looking for GM, head coach

Adam Schefter By Adam Schefter | NFL Network

A highly successful businessman, Falcons owner Arthur Blank now has transformed himself into a tireless recruiter.

Blank spent Wednesday in Green Bay, interviewing Packers director of pro personnel Reggie McKenzie and John Schneider, the Packers' personnel analyst to general manager, for the Falcons' vacant GM position.

From Green Bay, Blank is headed to Indianapolis, where he is scheduled to interview Colts vice president of football operations Chris Polian on Thursday for the Falcons' GM job.

And from Indianapolis, Blank will visit Dallas, where he is scheduled to interview Cowboys assistant head coach Tony Sparano and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett on Friday for the Falcons head coaching job.

And once he wraps up those trips, Blank plans to hone in on Eagles general manager Tom Heckert, who would be allowed to leave Philadelphia only because he would be given more decision-making responsibility in Atlanta.

Paul Spinelli / Getty Images

The Falcons could be just one of a number of teams interested in Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.

Garrett is one of the hottest, if not the hottest, candidate among NFL assistant coaches. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones admitted in November that he is very concerned about losing Garrett to another team. Jones wants to keep Garrett in Dallas as long as possible, but Garrett would like the opportunity to be a head coach, something Blank could provide.

Garrett is said to be intrigued with Blank and the Falcons organization. It is up to Blank, if Garrett is Atlanta s No. 1 choice, to sell him on the franchise and the city. If he does, it would be a coup for Blank, landing the 41-year-old coach who has come with rave reviews from people such as Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman.

But Blank also is going to have to fend off the Ravens, who have compiled a lengthy list of potential candidates, including Garrett. The Ravens faxed a request to the Cowboys on Thursday, seeking permission to interview Garrett. They did the same for Sparano, who has tremendous support within the Cowboys organization.

But the Ravens are just getting started. Blank already is well into his recruiting trip.

3rd and short (1/3/2008)
"Garrett is said to be intrigued with Blank and the Falcons organization"

Intrigued? ----- yeah as in - "Dayum how can an organization get so screwed up":P

Thats what i thought when i first heard it. Nobody in their right mind would look at the Falcon job as the best opportunity in the league,

Twinblade (1/3/2008)
Like he has room to talk, dude is a joke, besides do you really think he will come here when we all know he will end up as the dolphins HC?

He will not end up with the Dolphins. Parcell's will hire one of his boys, and remember Garrett was just brought in this year after Bill left. We have the best chance of getting him.

Smashmouth (1/3/2008)
3rd and short (1/3/2008)
"Garrett is said to be intrigued with Blank and the Falcons organization"

Intrigued? ----- yeah as in - "Dayum how can an organization get so screwed up":P

Or Intrigued as in " **** this Blank guy pays well " :D

In the end all other owners pay more because coaches last longer and can actually coach again if they were fired from another team.

Twinblade (1/3/2008)
Like he has room to talk, dude is a joke, besides do you really think he will come here when we all know he will end up as the dolphins HC?

Who are you talking about, Sparano or Garrett?

Tuna has no ties to Garrett but Sparano is a different story.

bril (1/3/2008)
Maybe he is the kind of guy that sees this as a team he can rebuild? God knows we will need a coach that has that kind of vision...
you aren't kidding.

I don't want no stinking coach that wants to walk into a cushy situation. I want a coach that sees this as an opportunity to turn an ailing franchise around. I'll be damned if I want a coach with a desire for the easy way out.