Georgia Has a Heck of a Schedule Next Year

Vicious

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UGA may be a casualty of tough scheduling next season. i have said it before, but it may become more obvious when the season kicks off. the dawgs will likely have one of the better teams in the country, but the schedule is close to brutal. richt's road record will definitely come into play next season. they will almost certainly lose two games, and if they manage to only lose one, they had better be in the title hunt. i dont know who has the toughest schedule in college football next season, but UGA has to be near the top with all the away games late in the season. dawg fans really need to be road warriors to help that team.

3073 (1/4/2008)
the schedule from within the SEC is set, not by the teams, but from the league. UGA plays the eastern teams every season home then away.....and the west is played home and away every other season or so.

I know, I was just getting a shot in at you.

Florida and LSU has become an annual rivalry, we play them every year...and to be honest...I wish we didn't.

Headshot (1/4/2008)
3073 (1/4/2008)
the schedule from within the SEC is set, not by the teams, but from the league. UGA plays the eastern teams every season home then away.....and the west is played home and away every other season or so.

Florida and LSU has become an annual rivalry, we play them every year...and to be honest...I wish we didn't.

i hear ya. UGA plays Auburn every year and sometimes, it's a back breaker.

I am soooo loving this schedule. Everyone is freaking out about it, but imagine how great it will be playing arizona state. I talked to stafford, chris davis, and a few other guys and when we were talking about next year's schedule they were real excited to be traveling to arizona state. the two bye weeks is great and I love that uga has a bye week BEFORE the gt game and the ut game. One thing we will know is if uga gets through that schedule without a loss or with just 1 loss, they will be considered one of the best teams out there and have a chance at an NC.

3073 (1/4/2008)
Headshot (1/4/2008)
3073 (1/4/2008)

i hear ya. UGA plays Auburn every year and sometimes, it's a back breaker.

Don't get me wrong I love the competition of the Florida/LSU game, it's quickly growing to be one of the biggest rivalries in the SEC, but the annual rivalries of Georgia and Tennessee are enough most years, adding LSU has just made it that much harder for us to reach Atlanta. I really think that adding LSU as an annual game is the reason we have only been in the SECCG once in the past 6 years.

LawDawg (1/4/2008)
The only players we've had coming out of California within the last decade were Albert Hollis and NaDerris Ward. Hopefully, this game will enable us to take a couple from under Pete Carroll's nose. ;)

We have however come close on a number of guys like stefon johnson and rahim moore.

SacFalcFan (1/4/2008)
LawDawg (1/4/2008)
The only players we've had coming out of California within the last decade were Albert Hollis and NaDerris Ward. Hopefully, this game will enable us to take a couple from under Pete Carroll's nose. ;)

We have however come close on a number of guys like stefon johnson and rahim moore.

Yup, and perhaps we'll be able to close the deal in the future.

SacFalcFan (1/4/2008)
LawDawg (1/4/2008)
The game at Arizona State is gonna give the Dawgs alot of national exposure.

It's going to be huge regarding recruiting. I can't wait to see that game.. :)

I bet it will! I'll bet college gameday goes to that one too! I think UGA will do very well in that game, barring injuries(God forbid), but I dunno, I think it might be a miracle if we come out of that LSU, Florida, Kentucky, Auburn stretch with one loss, but hey, who knows what might happen? If we somehow get to Kentucky without a loss, I think we'll be great.

Brutal... but I'm absolutely looking forward to it. Time to press the gas even harder on this one. If the 2008 UGA team is as good as I believe it will be, then this schedule is the perfect test.

No one could argue that UGA wouldn't deserve a title berth should they survive that gauntlet at 10-2 or better. Well... unless OSU blows by the Big 10 again and Pete Carroll plays Mustain.

I'm worried about the Florida game, because they will have a scary offense next year and their defense should be more improved. Losing Harvey sets them back a little... but I don't know enough about them to know if they have someone to step up in his place.

Auburn actually worries me even less because our defense is built to kill the offense they are barely starting to run and their defense couldn't stop us this year with a freshman o-line.

Roll on 2008... let's see if the Dawgs are up to the challenge!

That very well could be the hardest schedule next season, and depending on how the opponents play in their games, one of the hardest ever.

We know ASU can play now.

****, Central Michigan was a bowl team this year, and Georgia Southern won't be a pushover.

TN, AL, SC and FL will all be better. LSU is LSU.

So when we go undefeated and win the NC, will that make us the greatest team ever?

:P