Tom Heckert

direwolf

According to the AJC, Tom Heckert will be coming in on Sunday for an interview on Monday with Blank.

While I'm probably reading too much into it, the fact that he's coming to Atlanta would seem to be a positive sign. If nothing else, it would indicate a genuine interest if he's willing to fly down here.

Of course, it might just be the chance for a nice meal on Blank's dime. hehehe

Of the available GM candidates, Heckert would be my first choice. No question that he's proven his ability.

Direwolf

direwolf (1/3/2008)
According to the AJC, Tom Heckert will be coming in on Sunday for an interview on Monday with Blank.

While I'm probably reading too much into it, the fact that he's coming to Atlanta would seem to be a positive sign. If nothing else, it would indicate a genuine interest if he's willing to fly down here.

Of course, it might just be the chance for a nice meal on Blank's dime. hehehe

Of the available GM candidates, Heckert would be my first choice. No question that he's proven his ability.

Direwolf

I like the idea of Heckert. I believe that Reggie McKenzie would be a good hire also.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_updat...ons_GM_job.html

Eagles' Heckert to interview for Falcons GM job

By Bob Brookover

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Whenever Eagles general manager Tom Heckert has been considered for the title of GM with another team in the past, he has always shown little interest.

This time is different.

A team source confirmed today that Heckert will interview for the GM job with the Atlanta Falcons. The source said Heckert will fly to Atlanta Sunday and interview with Falcons owner Arthur Blank Monday.

"They would be giving him final say," the source said.

Heckert, 40, has been with the Eagles since May 2001 and has held the GM title for the last two years. He received the GM title after the Minnesota Vikings tried to hire him as their GM the same year they hired former Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress to be their head coach.

"That was a little bit of an unknown up there [in Minnesota]," Heckert said at the time. "I heard nothing but great things about it, but in the whole scheme of things, it was a very similar situation to the one I already have here."

While Heckert is heavily involved with all Eagles personnel decisions, the final say on all those matters goes to coach Andy Reid. Heckert has always maintained that he has an outstanding working relationship with Reid.

"I've said this a million times, if it ever came down to it, Andy would have final say, but it never comes down to that," Heckert said. "We make the decision way before the [final] decision needs to be made."

According to the NFL Network's Adam Schefter, Heckert is one of several candidates interviewing for the GM job. Other candidates include Green Bay personnel analyst John Schneider, Green Bay pro personnel director Reggie McKenzie and Indianapolis assistant general manager Chris Polian, the son of Colts president Bill Polian.

Falcons president Rich McKay had previously been in charge of personnel decisions, but Blank reportedly has asked him to focus on the business side of operations. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has reported that Bill Kuharich, vice president of player personnel in Kansas City, is also a candidate.

You are going to have to remind me of Hekert's qualifications. I hear that he was involved in personnel decisions in Miami and Philladelphia, At first glance, the personnel at Philly and Miami do not look good to me.

Help me like this candidate because McKenzie is looking much better.

bgarcia28 (1/3/2008)
You are going to have to remind me of Hekert's qualifications. I hear that he was involved in personnel decisions in Miami and Philladelphia, At first glance, the personnel at Philly and Miami do not look good to me.

Help me like this candidate because McKenzie is looking much better.

http://insidetheiggles.com/2008/01/02/falc...on-tom-heckert/

Falcons owner Arthur Blank was unable to land Bill Parcels to run his franchise, and has now turned to Eagles General Manager Tom Heckert according to Adam Schefter of NFL.com.

Heckert has been an integral part of the Eagles front office for the past seven years, and has brought in many great players to Philadelphia. In the first draft under Heckert the Eagles selected four Pro Bowlers in Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown, Michael Lewis, and Brian Westbrook. Raheem Brock was also taken that draft in the 7th round, but was released due to lack of rookie cap space.

Heckert has also gotten credit for the likes of Guard Shawn Andrews, DE Trent Cole, DT Mike Patterson, DT Brodrick Bunkley, LB Omar Gaither, TE L.J. Smith, and many others currently on the Eagles.

Tom has a pretty nice career resume. Over his 16-year career in the NFL, Heckert s teams have experienced just one losing season, won their division eight times and made the playoffs 12 times, including five in Philadelphia.

This could potentially be a big blow to the Birds, as they would have to then locate a new General Manager to take his place.

If you guys have not already, type in Tom Heckert to google, and navigate to the Philly web site and read his bio. He is by far the most qualified guy out of the guys mentioned so far. Chris Polian included. Polian is riding his last name pretty hard in my opinion. Heckert wipes the floor with McKenzie. If you are dead set on a Packer guy, look up John Schneider. He is their better candidate.