Heres a outline of darren mcfadden if he becomes a falcon!

trendkilla (1/3/2008)
this is a drawning of a simple dive play. and what will happen

x(mcfadden)

our o line_______________________________________________________________

as you can see there are no holes..any questions

So you're saying that our line is not going to change, not one bit? The same line that Norwood averages 6ypc behind? And before that you assume that I want McFadden, don't. I want Sedrick Ellis. With that said I wouldn't mind McFadden either depending on who is still available.

loozianafalcon (1/3/2008)
In my own humble opinion, there are quality backs we can pick up later:

Stewart (Oregon)

Forte' (Tulane)

Choice (Ga. Tech)

Charles (Tex)

Johnson (ECU)

Green-Ellis (Ole Miss)

Torain (Az. St.)

Boyd (S. Car.)

Let's get the o-line fixed!!

The same argument could be used in regards to the OL

1. Sam Baker (USC)

2. Jake Long (MICH)

3. Ryan Clady (BSU)

4. Jeff Otah (Pitt)

5. Alex Boone (Ohio St.)

6. Gosder Cherilus (BC)

7. Barry Richardson (Clem)

8. Kirk Barton (Ohio St.)

9. Phillip Loadholt (Okl.)

10. Duke Robinson (Okl.)

etc. etc.

IMO, if you have the chance, you take the best player in the draft. That player is Darren McFadden. There's no right or wrong way to draft, getting the best player in the draft would seem to be the right way to me.

Don't forget Hart from Michigan and Jones from Arkansas. I like Stewart from Oregon and Charles from Texas, but both will be gone by the second round. I see McFadden in the 1st, and with the two second round picks a QB and OL there. We'll probably get some experienced offensive linemen in FA. So when McFadden runs there will be some holes there.

Twinblade (1/3/2008)
everybody that is saying "No to McFadden" are going to regret we didn't took him.

Well I'm not saying that I don't want him, I'd just prefer Ellis. And let's not forget that just because we say no doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. It's not like anyone of us on the message board has any say on who we pick. :laugh:

BillyWitchDoctor (1/3/2008)
Twinblade (1/3/2008)
everybody that is saying "No to McFadden" are going to regret we didn't took him.

Well I'm not saying that I don't want him, I'd just prefer Ellis. And let's not forget that just because we say no doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. It's not like anyone of us on the message board has any say on who we pick. :laugh:

Ellis imo is great talent but he reminds me of Babs. Ellis should be a mid 1st rounder but I could see him slip down to 2nd just like Dan Wilkins(?) in the 2007 draft.

Twinblade (1/3/2008)
Twinblade (1/3/2008)

Ellis imo is great talent but he reminds me of Babs. Ellis should be a mid 1st rounder but I could see him slip down to 2nd just like Dan Wilkins(?) in the 2007 draft.

I don't think there's any way that Ellis slips to the second.

scott24falcs (1/3/2008)
Twinblade (1/3/2008)
Twinblade (1/3/2008)

Yeah well nobody thought Quinn would slip to the late 1st round either, same with Dan going in the early 2nd.

Just because a player is projected as a first rounder, it does not mean they will be drafted there.

Twinblade (1/3/2008)
scott24falcs (1/3/2008)
Twinblade (1/3/2008)
Twinblade (1/3/2008)

Yeah well nobody thought Quinn would slip to the late 1st round either, same with Dan going in the early 2nd.

Just because a player is projected as a first rounder, it does not mean they will be drafted there.

I guess we'll see in April. IMO he won't make it past the 12th pick or so.

I don't think there is even a 25% chance he falls out of the top 10. Even so, I think we all agreed that none of us would have been at this time last year that Alan Branch would not be a first round pick.

The NFL Draft process is strange and mysterious at times.

scott24falcs (1/3/2008)
Twinblade (1/3/2008)
scott24falcs (1/3/2008)
Twinblade (1/3/2008)
Twinblade (1/3/2008)

I guess we'll see in April. IMO he won't make it past the 12th pick or so.

The draft is really unperdictable, everybody thought Quinn was gonna be a dolphin.