Indy's Polian fits McKay's filter

Polian, 36, is the son of Indianapolis team president and general manager Bill Polian and, despite his youth, has a long and impressive scouting background. His first job in the league was as a pro scout in Carolina (1994-97), and he joined the Colts' personnel staff as director of pro scouting in 1998. He has served as assistant general manager and is in his third season as vice president of football operations.

They grabbed their QB and built the team around him. Its very logical.

I think that was the idea around here but somebody got in trouble plus they never addressed the offensive line.

I look at the time guys like Manning and Brady have had in the pocket throughout the majority of the season and it's pretty amazing.

Nice thing about Polian, he understands the importance of an O-Line. His father built a great one in Buffalo during their 4 straight Super Bowl appearances. Indy has a good O-line. It doesn't matter who we have at QB or RB without a strong OL they will struggle.

Dr John Zoidberg (1/3/2008)
McKay's "Filter?"

What is that?

Similar to Blank's/ Falcons/ McKay's filter on the "right stuff" player profile and image. Can't tell if you are being facetious Mr Big Pants as you have been around a long time. It has been thrown out there quite a bit that McKay wants someone young to push around or groom under him as coach or in this case GM

texasbirdfan (1/3/2008)
McKay's "Filter?"

What is that?

Similar to Blank's/ Falcons/ McKay's filter on the "right stuff" player profile and image. Can't tell if you are being facetious Mr Big Pants as you have been around a long time. It has been thrown out there quite a bit that McKay wants someone young to push around or groom under him as coach or in this case GM

Do you mean the infamous "Falcon Filter?" I thought they threw that out the window after the team quit at the end of the season the last 2 years, (before this), and we have a convicted Federal Felon on our roster.

Petrino fit the "Falcon Filter." That's why I NEVER want to hear the front office use those words again. "Falcon Filter." Judging by how the team performed at the end of the last few seasons and the way Petirno hung around... quitting apparently is not a part of the filter.

Sorry.... I am still a little touchy about the "filter" if you couldn't tell. It was just another BS marketing tool.

If Chris Polian is as good as his "ol man" then I would be all for him. Tom Heckert, Eagles GM is also young(40) and has great track record running the show in Philly.

Either of those guys would be great - i won't complain a bit!

I still don't understand how we can interview Heckert unless we are giving him a promotion. What is promotion over GM? He would have to be like Parcell I guess - VP Operations and GM.

Polian or Heckert - say YES!!!!!

Heckert probably the safer pick.

texasbirdfan (1/3/2008)
McKay's "Filter?"

What is that?

McKAY CAN'T EVEN MAKE IT THROUGH THE McKAY "FILTER":cool::P:P