HEADS UP Mike Singletary do be on 790 the Zone at 10:00 Tomorrow

67camaro

Absolute (1/3/2008)
Even though I am a supporter of him, I think he needs to be more low-key in regards to his desire to become the coach of this team. It's making him look bad.

How so...

He's expressing his desire to be here cause he respects the owner and knows it's a good fit.

He could simply say "No Thanks" like others have and pursue the Ravens job.

But he hasn't cause he see's what many of us know.

I think it's ok for him to speak on it.

Remember this... " A closed mouth never gets fed " ;)

But that's just it...we all know he wants the job. I'm sure Arthur knows this and probably has him already as his top choice from last year. There is no need to keep lobbying for a position that almost certainly is yours. Now, I agree if this were the presidential election, it would not be a problem but this is the Atlanta Falcons coaching position. I don't see anyone else making statements proclaiming their desire to coach. I think he should just let the process take its course and if its in God's plan, he will be the next head coach of the Atlanta Falcons.

I am hoping he gets the job.

Absolute (1/3/2008)
But that's just it...we all know he wants the job. I'm sure Arthur knows this and probably has him already as his top choice from last year. There is no need to keep lobbying for a position that almost certainly is yours. Now, I agree if this were the presidential election, it would not be a problem but this is the Atlanta Falcons coaching position. I don't see anyone else making statements proclaiming their desire to coach. I think he should just let the process take its course and if its in God's plan, he will be the next head coach of the Atlanta Falcons.

I am hoping he gets the job.

I feel what your saying...

But you know the local media is gonna do all they can to weasel what ever information outta him they can. He just isn't the kind of person that will shy away from conversation.

Which may infact bode well for him in the local media.

Smashmouth (1/3/2008)
Absolute (1/3/2008)
Even though I am a supporter of him, I think he needs to be more low-key in regards to his desire to become the coach of this team. It's making him look bad.

How so...

He's expressing his desire to be here cause he respects the owner and knows it's a good fit.

He could simply say "No Thanks" like others have and pursue the Ravens job.

But he hasn't cause he see's what many of us know.

I think it's ok for him to speak on it.

Remember this... " A closed mouth never gets fed " ;)

Express the desire once to get your name out there. If you don't get a call, and you are still out there saying how much you want that job, it makes you look like you are begging.

How much hold do you think he keeps on his San Fran job if he doesn't get the job he's out begging for. The San Fran F/O knows that he doesn't want to be there by now. All it took for Mora was a joking comment that yeah, if the opportunity to coach at my alma mater was offered, I'd listen to get him fired.

Absolute (1/3/2008)
Yeah, I understand that too. AJC is always trying to get the next big negative for this franchise.

I know tomorrow they are going to be swinging for the fences with the questions for Mike.

I'll be listening that's for sure.....

If he indeed becomes our HC I don't think there will be a shortage of presser material like the last guy.

Robb4242 (1/3/2008)
How much hold do you think he keeps on his San Fran job if he doesn't get the job he's out begging for. The San Fran F/O knows that he doesn't want to be there by now. All it took for Mora was a joking comment that yeah, if the opportunity to coach at my alma mater was offered, I'd listen to get him fired.

Duly noted...

However this pessimistic way of looking at it is a bit extreme if you ask me.

At this point noone in SanFrancisco is happy about being there with Nolan around.

Mikes higher aspirations have been known since last season so really no shock there.

I like Mike and I think he would be great for our team but his marketing campaign has got to stop. Even if the Atlanta media chases him, he should just say no. This may actually do himself more damage than good.

Isn't it funny that Arthur has interviews setup with Jason and Tom but none with Mike. Could this be an indication?

Smashmouth (1/3/2008)
Shiney_McShine (1/3/2008)
WAT DID HE SEY I M AT WERK AND CANT LISSEN I THING HE B OK CAOCH I WOOD RATER SEE HERSHAL WALKER AS CAOCH HE CULD TEECH JERRY NORWOOD HOW 2 RUN

Shiney...

You been drinking again? :satisfied:

Long as he keeps his pants on I think drinking again is okay! LOL

Bermuda Falcon (bdafalcon) (1/3/2008)
I like Mike and I think he would be great for our team but his marketing campaign has got to stop. Even if the Atlanta media chases him, he should just say no. This may actually do himself more damage than good.

Isn't it funny that Arthur has interviews setup with Jason and Tom but none with Mike. Could this be an indication?

Or could it mean Mike's already top candidate and Blank's looking to see how the rest stack up against him before hand.

Singletary is not going to get the job.....that is what my gut tells me

there are just too many other candidates more qualified.

Tony Sparano(probably to Dolphins)

Jim Caldwell,OC-Indy (good bet)

Rex Ryan,DC-Baltimore (probably will get Ravens job)

Mike Smith,DC-Jax

Marty Schottenheimer (apparently not interested?)

I like Caldwell.......race means nothing to me - i don't care if the coach is white or black but this hire should please the african-american community as well.

Caldwell sounds like the most qualified to me of all the coaches except Marty. At age 52, Caldwell should be very mature, Peyton Manning loves him, he's been a head coach before at Wake Forest for seven years and has been with Tony Dungy for six years.

sounds like a top notch candidate to me....

Smashmouth (1/3/2008)

Or could it mean Mike's already top candidate and Blank's looking to see how the rest stack up against him before hand.

Interesting point of view. You may be on to something as he did have an interview with him last year.

NCFalconfan (1/3/2008)
As a fan, it makes me happy just to know that a guy REALLY wants to take on the mess that is our franchise right now, while most other guys are planning using our open job as leverage for the job they really want.

Exactly the point of all this posturing :satisfied:

Smashmouth (1/3/2008)

Interesting point of view. You may be on to something as he did have an interview with him last year.

I think it is because he can interview Mike anytime, but he has to interview the coaches of playoff teams this week.

67camaro (1/3/2008)
I think it is because he can interview Mike anytime, but he has to interview the coaches of playoff teams this week.

Perhaps...

But the word WOW'ed was used to discribe the way Singletary impressed Blank last go round

The Baltimore situation not withstanding..... We will see :cool: