McFadden will drop in the draft

With the Charles (4.3 speed or lower) kid from Texas declaring for the draft along with the probable declaration of Johnathan Stewart from Oregon. There will be solid running back depth into the third Round. You still have the Ray Rice, Mike Hart, Steve Slayton, Felix Jones, etc.

Miami, St. Louis, Oakland, or Kansas City can't waste a pick on a running back when you have a Franchise Left Tackle (Jake Long), Franchise Defensive Tackle (Dorsey), Franchise Defensive End (Howie's son), and potential franchise quarterback (Ryan).

All of the above players are almost locks to go top four because they play the premium positions (LT, DE, QB, DT). In essence leaving the Falcons with McFadden even if they loose the coin flip. Although people here at Falcons Life may not be high on Matt Ryan, I am positive that KC would draft him to replace Brody if they have a shot.

McFadden will likely be there no matter where we pick (3, 4, or 5) unless Miami takes him #1 overall. The bigger question is whether or not we would take him over the best DT or best QB or best OT on the board. I honestly don't think we would.

The smarter option would be wait and grab a RB who can compliment Norwood in the 2nd round with one of our two picks.

Corsair (1/2/2008)
denimjacket (1/2/2008)
I'm not going to rule out Dallas giving up a lot to move up for Dmac.

Never in a million years.

They would have to trade away their entire draft, JJ isn't that stupid.

Which is funny, because Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys went down in history for raping Minnesota with Hershal Walker trade.

This seems like almost an impossibility to me.

rexfalcon (1/2/2008)
With the Charles (4.3 speed or lower) kid from Texas declaring for the draft along with the probable declaration of Johnathan Stewart from Oregon. There will be solid running back depth into the third Round. You still have the Ray Rice, Mike Hart, Steve Slayton, Felix Jones, etc.

Miami, St. Louis, Oakland, or Kansas City can't waste a pick on a running back when you have a Franchise Left Tackle (Jake Long), Franchise Defensive Tackle (Dorsey), Franchise Defensive End (Howie's son), and potential franchise quarterback (Ryan).

All of the above players are almost locks to go top four because they play the premium positions (LT, DE, QB, DT). In essence leaving the Falcons with McFadden even if they loose the coin flip. Although people here at Falcons Life may not be high on Matt Ryan, I am positive that KC would draft him to replace Brody if they have a shot.

McFadden won't fall unless he robs a bank, gets caught smoking marijuana, tears both of his ACL's, runs a 4.6 40, has both of his hands fall off or contracts a disease that slowly makes him turn into a duck.

There might be a slew of second-tier players available for teams to pick in later rounds, but the success of Peterson this year should be enough to convince teams to draft a player like McFadden very early in the draft in hopes of a similar performance.

Yeah. Another thing, before people start saying McFadden's stock has or will drop. Let's talk about Jamal Charles and Steve Slaton. Those guys shouldnt really even be coming out. I think those are bad moves. They're both pure speed guys who havent really proven they can take the physical nature of NFL. And Slaton and Johnathon Stewart run almost all of their plays out of shotgun misdirection. I'm not sold on any of them really at this point.

Charles might do scary things if he's drafted by Denver though. He's very Tatum Bellish.

bigduke633 (1/2/2008)
Corsair (1/2/2008)
denimjacket (1/2/2008)
I'm not going to rule out Dallas giving up a lot to move up for Dmac.

Never in a million years.

They would have to trade away their entire draft, JJ isn't that stupid.

Quincey carter in the 3rd was pretty stupid.He can be had.

Drafting a guy projected to be a day 2 pick in the 3rd round isnt exactly the same as giving up your whole draft for one player is it?

virginiafalcon (1/2/2008)
McFadden will likely be there no matter where we pick (3, 4, or 5) unless Miami takes him #1 overall. The bigger question is whether or not we would take him over the best DT or best QB or best OT on the board. I honestly don't think we would.

The smarter option would be wait and grab a RB who can compliment Norwood in the 2nd round with one of our two picks.

the best QB available is Andre Woodson & we might be able to get him in the 15-20 range. Our best bet is getting Anderson or McNabb in FA & draft Dennis Dixon in the 3rd round, he is first round passing talent with mobility.

Imagine a draft with Darren McFadden & Dennis Dixon oh my lord.

ki45toryu (1/3/2008)
Yadda yadda yadda....this happens every friggin draft with running backs.

Every year.

"This gie is da beast cense from Gail Saihers..."

McFadden = slightly bigger Michael Bennett

Yeah because every year there are guys who have 3 straight 1000 yard seasons rushing in the SEC and win the Doak Walker Award 2 years in a row along with Heisman consideration two years in a row.

Yep, dime a dozen accomplishments

well id propose trading our first rounder and D-hall to them for both of their 1st rounders Marion Barber, and thier 2nd rounder, with that we could draft 3 lineman a CB , and a MLB within the first 2 rounds (i am of the opinion that the falcons are fine with Redman and DJ) with 2 OL and one DT drafted in the first 2 rounds we will be alot better of a team. there are no franchise QBs coming out in my opinion though i do not follow the college ranks like others do. we need to draft a MLB by round3. other than lineman help after that i dont think the falcons will be bad off. chris houston can handle 1st string as long as the defense on a whole gets better.

ki45toryu (1/3/2008)
Yadda yadda yadda....this happens every friggin draft with running backs.

Every year.

"This gie is da beast cense from Gail Saihers..."

McFadden = slightly bigger Michael Bennett

Oh my god!! Thank you for noticing, I thought I was the only one who realized mcfadden is all acceleration and speed, nothing more.