is there anyone in the league

SLEVEN

is there an OC or DC that has taken a crappy O or D and made it good with the same players

on the field. that what we need in atlanta not a OC that has romo, barber, TO, and a good OL to work with. or a DC that has the players the ravens have. the falcons need to hire a HC who can make good of what we have now

Rob Chudzinski was named Browns offensive coordinator on Jan. 20, 2007. Chudzinski brings 13 years of coaching experience, including three years in the NFL and ten years in the collegiate ranks. Chudzinski joins the Browns after serving as the San Diego Chargers tight ends coach the last two seasons.

granted, they added jamal lewis but for the most part the offense is very similar to last seasons. not saying that he should be our next HC, but he did a good job in getting that offense going.

all i can say is that i'm glad i'm not making the decisions. our last three coaches have been (a)an NFL vet that took three teams to the superbowl, (b)an asistant NFL coach that the players liked, and ©a college "offensive genius". the falcons team is a good example as to why all three would be bad decisions, but you never know what you will get. of the three, i will say that dan reeves was the best coach. at the same time, i was glad to see reeves go because his playcalling had become insane. he relied too much on vick as opposed to playing the football that had gotten him to super sunday four times.

who knew who romo was before last season? also, barber was a back that split carries in minnesota with maroney. they werent picks like peyton manning or ladanian tomlinson. i'm pretty sure that garrett will stay in dallas, but i wouldn't exactly dismiss the fact that he would do a good job in atlanta.

3073 (1/2/2008)
all i can say is that i'm glad i'm not making the decisions. our last three coaches have been (a)an NFL vet that took three teams to the superbowl, (b)an asistant NFL coach that the players liked, and ©a college "offensive genius". the falcons team is a good example as to why all three would be bad decisions, but you never know what you will get. of the three, i will say that dan reeves was the best coach. at the same time, i was glad to see reeves go because his playcalling had become insane. he relied too much on vick as opposed to playing the football that had gotten him to super sunday four times.

who knew who romo was before last season? also, barber was a back that split carries in minnesota with maroney. they werent picks like peyton manning or ladanian tomlinson. i'm pretty sure that garrett will stay in dallas, but i wouldn't exactly dismiss the fact that he would do a good job in atlanta.

Yeah, but Barber and Romo... Garrett wasnt there for the aquisitions or scouting of either of those 2 guys. Not to mention, both were showing out before he got there. Garret's done an admirable job this year in Dallas calling the plays. No doubt. But I see no reason why he should be our head coach when he took over an offense full of established veterans and they're basically running the same offense as the year before.

Schematically, Dallas' offense has changed none since he arrived.

primetime_jr23 (1/2/2008)
is there an OC or DC that has taken a crappy O or D and made it good with the same players

on the field. that what we need in atlanta not a OC that has romo, barber, TO, and a good OL to work with. or a DC that has the players the ravens have. the falcons need to hire a HC who can make good of what we have now

did it ever occur to you that perhaps those players' success is reflective of the jobs those coaches are doing? why are you so quick to think it's the other way around?

but you guys understand what i mean right. why would we hire garrett when he has the player to make him look that good. i think that he he was our OC last year he would not be in the running for a HC job do you?

look at the difference in the production of those players between last year and this year

David Ethan (1/3/2008)
but you guys understand what i mean right. why would we hire garrett when he has the player to make him look that good. i think that he he was our OC last year he would not be in the running for a HC job do you?

look at the difference in the production of those players between last year and this year

Amen, no problem with Garret as Head Coach:cool:

As much as it pains me to say it I think someone like Monte Kiffin could do wonders for this defense. We would need to upgrade at safety (something that needs to be done anyway) but this defense could be a formidable cover 2 team with the proper coaching. I'm not a huge C2 guy however I think its the best fit for our players.

David Ethan (1/3/2008)

I'm not sure the production is that different. Sure, Barber's production went up, but way to the expense of Julius Jones who had his least productive year by far. TO had his normal TO year. And Romo started a full season, he was a Pro Bowler last year. Sans Garrett.

But schematically. What did Garrett change about the Cowboys? There has to be a better reason to hire a guy than; team X did X. What is the ringing endorsement that would lead anyone to believe that a 1 year OC on a team that he did nothing to help establish as a good offense, is worthy of building an entire professional football program from the ground up?

dchi194 (1/3/2008)
As much as it pains me to say it I think someone like Monte Kiffin could do wonders for this defense. We would need to upgrade at safety (something that needs to be done anyway) but this defense could be a formidable cover 2 team with the proper coaching. I'm not a huge C2 guy however I think its the best fit for our players.

Why we never hired a cover 2 HC or DC when McKay was clearly money in getting Cover 2 talent is beyond me. Seems like a fundamental flaw the Falcons have had sense late 2003.

I think it goes to Arthur Blank hiring the **** head coach. Seriously. Blank should be nowhere near hiring the head coach. He needs to hire a GM, and let that cat do EVERYTHING.

mbrizzle (1/3/2008)
dchi194 (1/3/2008)

Why we never hired a cover 2 HC or DC when McKay was clearly money in getting Cover 2 talent is beyond me. Seems like a fundamental flaw the Falcons have had sense late 2003.

I think it goes to Arthur Blank hiring the **** head coach. Seriously. Blank should be nowhere near hiring the head coach. He needs to hire a GM, and let that cat do EVERYTHING.

Couldnt agree more. We have been all about the rangy athletic LBers and smaller attack front 4. These types of players struggle in all about a cover 2 system. So if we arent going to play to our strengths why bother to have them? McKay is/was obviously in love with guys like DeMo and Abe but why put them in a position to fail as opposed to playing to their talents? God every time we got gashed for 7 yards on 3rd and 4 he should have received electric shocks.

With "Blowey Scare-rington" :pinch: and "Byron Leftovers" at the helm :crying: that's an understatement :doze:

mbrizzle (1/3/2008)

Sounds like you're almost ready to fire Arthur Blank? Do you really think he's going to pay a head coach (as much as HC's make) and not have a hand in who's being picked? You wouldn't do that yourself.:)

The more I think about it.... Do we know anything about Jason Garrett other than Dallas' offense is good? Do we have any idea of what type of motivator he is? Do we know if has an eye for talent at all? Is he strictly and Xs and Os guy? Is he a really good Xs and Os guy? Is he a natural leader? Is he a Mora-like hothead? Is he media savvy? Is he outgoing or softspoken?

Jason Garrett could be the next Vince Lombardi, who knows. I just find it kind of funny that people get all gung-ho about hiring cats they know next to nothing about.

Dr John Zoidberg (1/3/2008)
I love it.

When Petrino was here we needed to give him time to bring in HIS players. "How was he supposed to win with these players?"

Now we need to get a staff that can win with these players.

You guys are funny.

:D

YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING YET. JUST KEEP READING:w00t:::P:D

REV.2000 (1/3/2008)
mbrizzle (1/3/2008)

Sounds like you're almost ready to fire Arthur Blank? Do you really think he's going to pay a head coach (as much as HC's make) and not have a hand in who's being picked? You wouldn't do that yourself.:)

I think at this point, I would.

Let me put it into terms that relates to my life. Ok, I need to rake the leaves in my yard. But say, the last 4 times I went to rake my yard, it spontaneously bursted into flames. Best believe a 76 Datsun pickup truck full of Mexicans would be pulling up into my yard the next time the yard needed to be raked ;)