ESPN analyst says we have ZERO chance of playoffs next year

chazh

Atlanta Falcons (4-12)

2008 playoff potential: Zero

What they need to do to get there: A head coach would be a good start, considering Bobby Petrino hit the eject button and parachuted into the Arkansas job with three weeks left in the season. A quarterback would also be great now that Michael Vick is in federal prison and his successors -- Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich and Chris Redman -- all proved incapable of being the future of that position in Atlanta. Finally, the Falcons need a general manager. Owner Arthur Blank has removed personnel control from the job title of team president Rich McKay and Blank is using former Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi as a consultant.

Sure, there are other problems. But when you're talking about creating stability within the three most important roles of any organization, nothing else really seems worth discussing at this point.

ZERO - I dont think so, there is certainly potential in this team.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chazh (1/2/2008)
Atlanta Falcons (4-12)

What they need to do to get there: A head coach would be a good start, considering Bobby Petrino hit the eject button and parachuted into the Arkansas job with three weeks left in the season. A quarterback would also be great now that Michael Vick is in federal prison and his successors -- Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich and Chris Redman -- all proved incapable of being the future of that position in Atlanta. Finally, the Falcons need a general manager. Owner Arthur Blank has removed personnel control from the job title of team president Rich McKay and Blank is using former Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi as a consultant.

Sure, there are other problems. But when you're talking about creating stability within the three most important roles of any organization, nothing else really seems worth discussing at this point.

They said the same thing the 98 season, which so called football analyst said this? Which means they don't know crap. They said the Saints and Panthers would be in the Super Bowl the past 2 years. I don't believe a **** thing they say. :P

I would say that at the beginning of the season, we have (at least) a 37.5% chance of getting into the playoffs. Same as all the other teams :P

Ok I assume I can calculate, but anyone is welcome to stipulate the form and result of my calculation, and by doing so you would have wasted approximately the time it took you to prove my calculation wrong. So the question is, do you feel lucky... punk?

I take anything anybody on ESPN says with a grain of salt. The regular season hasn't been over for 3 days and they're already making playoff predictions for next year? That's dumb. I know the Falcons situation is bad but they won't even give us a chance to improve via drafts, trades, and FAcy. There is so much parody in the NFL that a team can go from 4-12 to 12-4 in a minute. Not saying the Falcons will but good grief...the playoffs havent even begun. Ease up on the predictions!

chazh (1/2/2008)
Atlanta Falcons (4-12)

the falcons organization has given analyst around the country reason to believe this to be a true statement. i believe most of the fans believe it to be true as well

I really don't see why people are worked up...the idea that the Falcons have no shot is pretty close to true.

Do you all expect FO turnover, HC turnover, staff turnover, probable personnel turnover, an overhaul on both lines, a screwed RB situation, a questionable QB situation, questionable MLB situation, questionable FS situation, and a potential D-Hall holdout situation to lead to the playoffs?

The Falcons will not make the playoffs in 08 and they probably won't in 09 either.

Optimus Primetime (1/2/2008)
Same analyst that said there will NEVER be a team that will go undefeated,same analyst

that predict each and every year who will dominate and who will fail duriing the off season,

only to be way off the mark and change opinion in week 3.

i notice that the majority (90%+)of the time they say the falcons will not do anything they appear to be right:w00t::w00t::w00t:

If you had to 'earmark' a team to not make the playoffs next season RIGHT NOW Atlanta would be the easy choice. The next few weeks will determine a lot about the near future and the long term success for our Falcons. We are not as bad off personel wise as many so called 'analyst' would have you believe. This is a watered down NFL.

The 'IF' factor: Will the cap money designated for Michael Vick be placed back into our spendable salary cap?

With a solid draft and some key FA pick ups this team is as talented as 80% of the league.

falken

btrain5489 (1/2/2008)
I really don't see why people are worked up...the idea that the Falcons have no shot is pretty close to true.

Do you all expect FO turnover, HC turnover, staff turnover, probable personnel turnover, an overhaul on both lines, a screwed RB situation, a questionable QB situation, questionable MLB situation, questionable FS situation, and a potential D-Hall holdout situation to lead to the playoffs?

The Falcons will not make the playoffs in 08 and they probably won't in 09 either.

Good post, this is the reality that most can't handle. Your team has so many holes on the roster along with a coaching/GM vacancy. It's going to be a while before you're event relevant.