Can someone please tell me why all this about Mcfadden

I think Norwood is going to become great once he is given the opportunity ... why waste an early pick for a position we already have good personnel for ... like straight up the runnin back position is proly the best one we have on offense ... so why targetthat position ... theres still to many holes to go for and Norwood will do us good ... we do not no one else ... we jus need to give him touches ... but im asking ... why the big deal about him ... minus the fact that hes good and all that ... but why do WE need him, cuz i personally dont thnk we do.

sadly as much as i like norwood he isn't gonna be a 25+ carry a game back in the nfl. He is a bit injury prone even with the little carries he gets right now. Mcfadden + Norwood = a deadly combo that teams will fear to no ends like AP + Peterson. Plus besides Dorsey their isn't a pick in the top 3 i would be happy in taking. I don't think Long is worth it as i think Clady and Oher will be a better LT in the nfl.

Durabilty concerns is why Norwood doesnt start (and his blocking needs to improve). If Norwood wants to be a starter he needs to gain 10 pounds of bulk to be able to stay healthy and take those hits from linebackers.

Darren McFadden is the same story. He is only 205 pounds and he runs upright. He is 6-2 but his style of running is an invitation for punishment by LBs and DBs. I wouldnt change his running style I would ask him to gain some bulk.

Darren McFadden rotated in with Felix Jones. If we can rotate Darren McFadden and Norwood both sides will be happy. Some scouts are calling Darren McFadden an Adrian Peterson clone, and some are calling him the greatest RB prospect ever. If Darren McFadden can do what Adrian Peterson did for the Vikings, we can be contendors in one to two seasons. Jerious Norwood will always be a rotating back in his career.

dan minnich (1/2/2008)
because norwood didnt even get that many carries this year and almost every game he was hurt. we need another back to share the load.

After seeing Tony Temple at Mizzou this season, I'd rather go for him. And I'm not just talking about his performance yesterday.

Shaunn Lobo (1/2/2008)
formul8or (1/2/2008)
I agree that Norwood is starter quality. Let him and Snelling trade off and SAVE THE MONEY FOR A BIGGER NEED!!!!

Lol...are you serious???? Norwood was hurt every few plays...and snelling in fumble prone

Norwood's ankle was usually rolled on in an awkward tackle. He would still always make it back into the game, and when defenders came at him he happily lowered his head to bulldoze for a couple of extra yards.

ucityfalcon (1/2/2008)
dan minnich (1/2/2008)
because norwood didnt even get that many carries this year and almost every game he was hurt. we need another back to share the load.

After seeing Tony Temple at Mizzou this season, I'd rather go for him. And I'm not just talking about his performance yesterday.

A power back thats nicely built with speed and could fall into the 2nd rnd i like is Mendenhall. Stewart would be my 1st choice if he falls to the 2nd but Mendenhall even put up kick tail production against a tough USC team which supirsed me.