This was the first time Petrino lied this year.....

Atowndown

Remember when ATL moved up two spots in the draft?...well Petrino has contacted Omobi Okoye(Now with the Texans) and told him that he was coming to ATL....well Okoye had told his entire familiy he was now a Falcon because Coach Petrino just called him.....well when they stepped up to the podium and called Jamaal Anderson, Okoye was a bit shocked and surprised.....i would have to say Okoye was definately the better pick as well....and he had a good season.!

For the umpteenth time, I'd rather have Trey Lewis and Jamaal Anderson than Amobi Okoye, who faded badly after hitting the rookie wall. Lewis is the rare dual threat DT. The fact that we got him late on day two astonishes me.

If you want to argue the woulda/shoulda/coulda game, Patrick Willis is the name to play. We still need a MLB.

jidady (1/2/2008)
For the umpteenth time, I'd rather have Trey Lewis and Jamaal Anderson than Amobi Okoye, who faded badly after hitting the rookie wall. Lewis is the rare dual threat DT. The fact that we got him late on day two astonishes me.

If you want to argue the woulda/shoulda/coulda game, Patrick Willis is the name to play. We still need a MLB.

jamaal faded in game 1-16 so what's your point? ATLEAST Okoye had a reason (rookie wall)

Shaunn Lobo (1/2/2008)
Remember when ATL moved up two spots in the draft?...well Petrino has contacted Omobi Okoye(Now with the Texans) and told him that he was coming to ATL....well Okoye had told his entire familiy he was now a Falcon because Coach Petrino just called him.....well when they stepped up to the podium and called Jamaal Anderson, Okoye was a bit shocked and surprised.....i would have to say Okoye was definately the better pick as well....and he had a good season.!

would that be a lie he told because it came from him or a lie he told based on a blank/mckay decision?

jidady (1/2/2008)

That's funny because Jamaal Anderson never even had a chance to hit the rookie wall. He never even started walking towards it.

Jamaal Anderson was a raw prospect. He had been a WR prior to his DE days. He had a terrific season with Arkansas, and we took a chance on him. He hasn't been playing DE for long at all, and getting thrown into the fire right away was obviously not an easy situation to be in. He will be fine. He needs to lose some weight, which will give him better quickness and burst. If he does that he will be perfectly fine. I agree with the person that said he would rather have Trey Lewis and Jamaal than Okoye.

Shaunn Lobo (1/2/2008)

much like Parcell's and his "there are no deal breakers" comment. Liars, all of them...