If Not McFadden in the First round how about...

NCFalcon52

falconfanjason (1/2/2008)
Cory Boyd from South Carolina. Has a 5.0 yard per carry average behind a poor South Carolina line and he split carries with Mike Davis. Runs hard on every play and just doesn't quit. Projected fourth rounder by nfldraftscout.com.

If we don't go for a McFadden, it would be easy to find a RB in the 4th round who could complement Norwood!

I have been singing the praises of Matt Forte' from Tulane on these boards for a while. He's a big, strong kid with great vision and ok speed. At 6'2", 225-230, he's a mule!

I also like Mcfadden like a lot of others, but Stewart from Ore. is a top choice of mine. Ray Rice is a bit small-ish for my taste.

This is a sleeper, IMHO!!!!

fortevp8.jpg

loozianafalcon (1/2/2008)
I have been singing the praises of Matt Forte' from Tulane on these boards for a while. He's a big, strong kid with great vision and ok speed. At 6'2", 225-230, he's a mule!

I also like Mcfadden like a lot of others, but Stewart from Ore. is a top choice of mine. Ray Rice is a bit small-ish for my taste.

fortevp8.jpg

What year is Stewart? I just hope our scouts are checking out Tulane Films and putting away the Hawaii films.

I want a RB that can get 25 carries a game and get stronger as the game goes along.

Matt Forte's scouting report says just this he gets stronger as the game goes on wearing defenses down. 6'2 223lbs I would spend a 4th on him.

One person talked about Ray Rice but I just watched a clip on him where he got chased down from behind by what looked like a LB I could be wrong was a quick clip.

Stewart is who I want, I would rather have him over Mcfadden.

He is 5'11 235 lbs in the clips I saw of him he reminded me alot of Jamal Anderson because it look like no one person was gonna bring him down

loozianafalcon (1/2/2008)

fortevp8.jpg

I would love for Mcfadden to fall to us at 3 and Dallas be willing to trade their 2 firsts for him.

To be honest Matt Forte in the 3rd would be much better Value as RB's go.

I like Michael Turner in free agency. Use the draft to fix holes in our offensive line first and foremost. Quality O-lineman SELDOM see the light of free agency and must be acquired in the draft. This franchise has NEVER accepted the fact that games are won in the trenches. I don't want another gimmick offense brought in to try to hide the fact that we have never bit the bullet and spent quality draft picks for offensive lineman.

Drafting a RB at 3,4, or 5 makes absolutely no sense with our offensive line in shambles. I would rather have Dunn running behind some hogs than have McFadden struggling behind this CFL quality line we have allowed to take up roster space. We either rebuild (not that it has ever been BUILT) our offensive line or we continue to struggle regardless of the system we incorporate.

falken

monoxide (1/2/2008)
how about Tony Temple ?, no body has him in their drafts, and he did just break the Cotton Bowl rushing record with 288 yards, he outplayed McFadden to the "extreme". He's a senior, so he will be entering this year.

He's only 5'9 200 he's smaller than Norwood, I want to get an every down back that can carry the load and wear the opposing defenses down not ours.

NCFalcon52 (1/2/2008)
No one has mentioned Mike Hart...is it b/c he fumbled 2 times agianst Fla? I think he will go late 1st round early 2nd. I don't want to use our 2nd round pick on a RB. Norwood looks like he can be a huge impact player.

2 fumbles vs FLA

hasn't fumbled all season

didn't have a fumble in 1002 carries. Mike Hart only Has Three Career Fumbles!!

monoxide (1/2/2008)
NCFalcon52 (1/2/2008)
No one has mentioned Mike Hart...is it b/c he fumbled 2 times agianst Fla? I think he will go late 1st round early 2nd. I don't want to use our 2nd round pick on a RB. Norwood looks like he can be a huge impact player.

If Mike Hart is there in the 2nd, and we did not get McFadden in the 1st, we really have no choice but to take Hart, you can't pass him up that late. He was a top 15 pick not long ago.

Mike Hart and Ray Rice are one in the same. Both are small and both have average speed to go along with it. I'd stay away from both of them.

Outside of McFadden, I think the next 3 (in order) are: Kevin Smith, Jonathan Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall. Basically, if McFadden is gone they mine as well wait until next year to get the best back (unless two or more come out early).

I would take a long look at James Davis, the junior RB from Clemson, IF he declares for the draft. He's a "tough as nails" kid who hails from Atlanta. Davis has good speed and catches the ball well out of the backfield. His numbers are good, but would have been much better had he not shared p/t with Springer.

Sources indicate that he is now "considering" declaring early.