Ovie said it on ESPN First Take right now ~ What we need most on this team to win !!!

falcon_ace

falcon_ace (1/2/2008)
Without O-line brady & manning will be nothing

Without good O-line Derek Anderson of browns will be worse than Joey Harry boy.

If you can't pass block or run block then you dont stand a chance to win.

It is astounding that the Falcons front office have ignored this glaring weakness all the years.

Either draft Long or trade down to take a couple of ol men from a team and draft a decent running back. Dont need to waste a top 3-4-5 pick on rb. A. peterson went low. and so did alot of other rb's. Get LONG. He is good and is a good kid. No PROBLEMS and comes from some good genes

FalconFan1 (1/2/2008)
Either draft Long or trade down to take a couple of ol men from a team and draft a decent running back. Dont need to waste a top 3-4-5 pick on rb. A. peterson went low. and so did alot of other rb's. Get LONG. He is good and is a good kid. No PROBLEMS and comes from some good genes

What genes are those? Did Jake Long's father play ball or something?

Direwolf

sorry, no jake long for me in the top 5. i truly believe he will be a RT in the nfl because of his problems with speed rushers. he can physically dominate just about anyone in the running game, and can definately stop pass rushers who rely on strength and bull rushing, because that is right down his ally. however, faster players can just blow right by him, and they have done so this season too. i do not want us to make the mistake of selecting him and then end up even more screwed up because we have a great RT instead of a great LT like clady.

Wait, if you build an O-line then your team will be better? Wow. Where have you been all this time Madden?

That's like saying that the team with the most points on the scoreboard has a very good shot at winning the game.

Just kidding.

The front office has ignored this because it went for the "quick fix" many times over.

The problem is that building a good offensive line is not as easy as many people think it is. It takes time and money.

Dr John Zoidberg (1/2/2008)
Wait, if you build an O-line then your team will be better? Wow. Where have you been all this time Madden?

That's like saying that the team with the most points on the scoreboard has a very good shot at winning the game.

Just kidding.

The front office has ignored this because it went for the "quick fix" many times over.

The problem is that building a good offensive line is not as easy as many people think it is. It takes time and money.

It does take time and money........ & we wasted it like we got plenty of it.

Now is the time to it the right way.

We will see the results for next 5-8 yrs

:)

I'm all for drafting Jake Long but only if Run DMC is already gone because if we pass on him we are fools. Mcfadden has all the tools and he is durable him and norwood together would have opposing D's pissin their pants! We have enough draft picks to solidify the oline and try and plug a few other holes on the team. Plus we know Blank and the new gm will be active in free agency. Yes our oline is terrible right now but plz dont pass on Mcfadden we can get him and still fix our line!

Mr. Offseason (1/2/2008)
sorry, no jake long for me in the top 5. i truly believe he will be a RT in the nfl because of his problems with speed rushers. he can physically dominate just about anyone in the running game, and can definately stop pass rushers who rely on strength and bull rushing, because that is right down his ally. however, faster players can just blow right by him, and they have done so this season too. i do not want us to make the mistake of selecting him and then end up even more screwed up because we have a great RT instead of a great LT like clady.

You are the only person on this planet who thinks Jake Long has problems with speed rushers. Jake Long has had ONE penalty called on him in 2 years, and it was a false start (So that means no Holding on those "speed rushers that he has such problems with") and has given up only 3 sacks in 2 years.

Please explain to me this "problem."

Mr. Offseason (1/2/2008)

i agree with my boy Mr. Offseason. i think 1 of the LTs in the draft with fall to the 2nd round, and we will pick up a LT and RG. get sedrick ellis or Glenn Dorsey.

pren226 (1/2/2008)
im too lazy to do the research right now, but does anybody know off the top of their head how many of the pats/colts o line are top 5 picks?

I know that the Pats highest drafted linemen was Guard Logan Mankins, which was drafted with pick 32. The others were drafted between the 2nd and 5th rounds.

The Colts highest draft pick on a linemen is in the 2nd round, for the rookie Tony Ugoh. All the others were picked between rounds 4 and 6.

Here is the list of the guys from each team who made the Pro-Bowl and the round and pick they were taken with.

Pats -

1. Dan Koppen - Round 5/Pick 134

2. Matt Light - Round 2/Pick 48

3. Logan Mankins - Round 1/Pick 32

Colts -

1. Jeff Saturday - Undrafted

2. Tarik Glenn - Round 1/Pick 19 (Was with Colts from '97 - '06)