I Hate To Do It..

Goodoleboy58

First off I've read alot of complaints that his O-line is the reason he never had any time to throw and how no one would succeed behind this O-line blah blah. It is the same O-line that managed to hold off a stout Northern Colorado (63-6) and Charleston Southern (66-10). His Collegiate records, which a few he broke were Timmy Chang's (the Hawaii QB before Colt), came against at best sub par opponents.

There are numerous quarterbacks in the country that could break NCAA records if they throw the ball 61 (Louisiana Tech) or 75 (San Jose State) times a game. Georgia didn't even blitz the majority of the plays. Their front 4 just consistently beat Hawaii's O-linemen. If Brennan would have played half his games against an SEC, or even a PAC-10, Big 10, or even Big East opponents then you could split his stats in half. By no means am I questioning his arm strength but you do have to wonder how he his going to perform against defenses with All-Americans on them. How would he perform on Sundays against elite competition.

Again I'm not dogging him and in all truth he impressed me. He knows how to take a hit and get back up. LOL which is a staple in our offense!! lol

WhenFalconsWin (1/2/2008)
ugadawg (1/2/2008)
watch ESPN today the hype is off and now they are talking about his bad machinics

Disagree! You can't judge him on last night...****, but Tom Brady in there last night and he couldn't done anything! Georgia knew he was throwing every time, Hawaii should at least put a RB in the backfield to block and make it look like they were going to run...bad game plan by Jones!

Agree 100%. You cannot judge this guy by 1 game after years of success in college. Jones put in a 1 dimensional game plan against a far superior squad. I guess based on the boards reaction today, every NFL QB should be cut after 1 bad game. The guy can play, has a strong arm, 71% completion rate and is accurate. He might go late first day but someone is going to take him and behind a good OL with a running attack, he will do just fine in the NFL.

Disagree! You can't judge him on last night...
I guess we'll just have to judge him based on all of the other cupcakes they have played. God forbid we judge him when he plays some real competition. The only good thing i can say about him is that he can take quite a few hits.

ugadawg (1/2/2008)
watch ESPN today the hype is off and now they are talking about his bad machinics

Disagree! You can't judge him on last night...****, but Tom Brady in there last night and he couldn't done anything! Georgia knew he was throwing every time, Hawaii should at least put a RB in the backfield to block and make it look like they were going to run...bad game plan by Jones!

What?:pinch:

You can TOTALLY judge him on last night. He was in the frickin' shotgun 100% of the time, 50% of the time with a RB in the backfield to "block" for him. :blink: If he couldn't adjust and make quick decisions against SEC speed, then there's no way he going to last against the NFL's speed. How's he going to look when he has to operate from under center and do dropbacks? His stock just plummeted from being a first round pick to at least a third round.

Just say no to Colt Brennan. He's just another system QB with pretty stats.

I think it is hilarious that 'we can't judge him based on one game'... a game where he got destroyed, but I bet its okay to judge him on the games where he played cupcakes and threw 4 TDs.

You have to take the good with the bad. I'm not saying he is a sorry QB and I'm not taking away from what he has done but he should be held accountable for his poor performances just like when he is praised for throwing multiple TDs in a big win over a weak opponent.

You can most definitely judge him based on this performance, or you can make excuses for him.

So we should just judge him based on his 75 pass attempts against St Marys School For the Hearing Impaired and not even focus that he couldn't read a defense that only had 4 down linemen rushing the passer. My point in this thread is that if Chris Leak or Troy Smith or Reggie Ball :w00t: was playing in this offense against cupcake teams they'd have the same numbers. If he had more then 1 game against quality competition then we could have a better guage of his abilities. But the fact is he doesn't he doesn't play good teams and the only reference we have he stunk up the joint.

Headshot (1/2/2008)
Last night did for Colt Brennan what last year's BCS Title game did for Troy Smith.

I look for Brennan to slip to the 4th or 5th round.

Troy Smith at least put up stats agianst good teams. He just isn't an NFL QB. Brennan obviously isn't as good as his stats show, but some team will still probably grab him on the first day.

I just hope it isn't the Falcons.

ugadawg (1/2/2008)

DEE DEE DEE its the run and shoot offense. they do not use RBs. man people will make any excuses. we cleaned up the mess for OU.( cant beat boise state)