colt brennon

tkizzleATL

I was hoping to see how good Brennon would play against Georgia, and i think he is a pretty good quarterback, just for the fact that hawaii tackles suck and the receivers are dropping passes. but i think he needs a better awareness of the pocket and then i think he would be a solid 2nd round pick for us in the draft.

any comments?

Over-rated..

Sorry..

In the NFL, Colt won't have ten seconds to sit back in the pocket..he will be pressured every week he plays in the NFL, and if he can't adjust NOW against better competition (i.e Georgia) his NFL career as a starter is already in immediate jeopardy..

There is a reason why Vick, Vince Young, McNabb and other mobile Qbs are able to transition better and have more individual and team success..especially at the beginning of their careers..

ATL--75 (1/1/2008)
Over-rated..

Sorry..

In the NFL, Colt won't have ten seconds to sit back in the pocket..he will be pressured every week he plays in the NFL, and if he can't adjust NOW against better competition (i.e Georgia) his NFL career as a starter is already in immediate jeopardy..

There is a reason why Vick, Vince Young, McNabb and other mobile Qbs are able to transition better and have more individual and team success..especially at the beginning of their careers..

TEN seconds? He doesn't need TEN seconds, he can't even get TWO seconds. Even the announcers have said he can't even get the snap before he's got someone in his face. Hawaii's offensive line is BADLY overmatched. You can't judge Colt from this game. He's on pace to get sacked over 10 times and it has nothing to do with him holding on to the ball.

ATL--75 (1/1/2008)
Over-rated..

Sorry..

LOL McNabb is one of the best QBs in the NFL....he has made the nfc championship game 3 straight years and has mad it to the super bowl

busboyisback (1/1/2008)
Andre Woodson doesn't have an Oline either and he looks a helluva lot better.

You want to compare Kentucky's offensive line to Hawaii's? ANY SEC OL is going to be a **** of a lot better than any WAC offensive line. Don't try to trivialize this. Colt literally has 2 seconds and sometimes less in the pocket. He's been hit over 10 times, sacked 7 times, and I have absolutely no clue how he's continuing to play in this game.

Hawaii's OL needs to apologize after this one.....

I wasn't on board with the whole Colt Brennan thing anyway. I thought he was a good 3rd or 4th round pick at best.

But to be honest, you can't really judge the kid from this game. He is the best player on a team that isn't nearly as good as they need to be in order to compete with the elite of the SEC and the country. He is getting no time to throw the ball. His WR are getting no yards after the catch. And at this point I think he is spending about 1 out of every 3 plays picking himself off the turf.

He may or may not be a great NFL prospect, but I dunno if you should count this game against him.

stoned_jc7 (1/1/2008)
I wasn't on board with the whole Colt Brennan thing anyway. I thought he was a good 3rd or 4th round pick at best.

But to be honest, you can't really judge the kid from this game. He is the best player on a team that isn't nearly as good as they need to be in order to compete with the elite of the SEC and the country. He is getting no time to throw the ball. His WR are getting no yards after the catch. And at this point I think he is spending about 1 out of every 3 plays picking himself off the turf.

He may or may not be a great NFL prospect, but I dunno if you should count this game against him.

Agree with you and thanks for a pretty unbiased opinion, even though you said you never really thought highly of Colt. I want to see how Colt does in the Senior Bowl with a decent OL and running a non-run n shoot offense.

TEN seconds? He doesn't need TEN seconds, he can't even get TWO seconds. Even the announcers have said he can't even get the snap before he's got someone in his face. Hawaii's offensive line is BADLY overmatched. You can't judge Colt from this game. He's on pace to get sacked over 10 times and it has nothing to do with him holding on to the ball.

Whoever drafts Colt, it is likely he won't have a 'perfect' O-Line. He will get hit more often, harder than he ever did at Hawaii.. This Georgia game is a pre-cursor of the type of pressure he will face on a weekly basis..

Vick, McNabb and Vince Young were able to overcome subpar personnel (i.e. bad O-Line, no franchise back, sorry WRs)..Can Colt? Not likely..

He isn't going to be leading no NFL team to the playoffs in the forseeable future..:hehe:

ATL--75 (1/1/2008)

Whoever drafts Colt, it is likely he won't have a 'perfect' O-Line. He will get hit more often, harder than he ever did at Hawaii.. This Georgia game is a pre-cursor of the type of pressure he will face on a weekly basis..

Vick, McNabb and Vince Young were able to overcome subpar personnel (i.e. bad O-Line, no franchise back, sorry WRs)..Can Colt? Not likely..

He isn't going to be leading no NFL team to the playoffs in the forseeable future..:hehe:

When did I say he would need a perfect OL? His OL hasn't been perfect against other WAC teams but they've been able to give him at least 3-4 seconds in the pocket. He's no stranger to PRESSURE, but when he can't even get the snap from the center without having a man in his face it's kind of asinine to ask him to make plays.

He's absolutely getting murdered out there.

ATL--75 (1/1/2008)

I love how you keep saying Vince Young has overcome a mediocre O-Line and is good. This guy is one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL right now. I'm not saying he won't improve, but Tennessee runs the most basic O in the league for him, and he still struggles.

Listen, NFL OT are going to block much better than any of those Hawaii players will, and that is why they are in the NFL. Colt will meed to watch and learn for the first year, but he will have a good chance at some success.

I'm a total UGA hugger, but I was hoping for a little something more out of Brennan. I watched him one other time earlier in the year (in a game in which I think he was also injured).

I felt bad for the kid, and without actually going and looking up his measurables, he just looks way to small for the NFL. He looks absolutely fragile, like a high school kid on a college football field. And knowing what he'll be facing in the NFL, he needs to add about 20 lbs at least, and I'm afraid he'll never be more than an NFL backup, and probably not a very good one.

I'll continue to monitor him in the SR Bowl and such, but I'm thinking 4th or 5th round at best and in all honesty, I see more of that to come for him. I hope we stay away from him, and I'd much rather go with someone like Henne, Ainge, Woodson or JDB. Those guys played against major competition and they looked like men among boys (or at least men among other men) in their games.

Concerning the draft, I'd stay with the major colleges for my QB of the future, and wouldn't take any chances on anything less.

celtik

celtiksage (1/2/2008)
I'm a total UGA hugger, but I was hoping for a little something more out of Brennan. I watched him one other time earlier in the year (in a game in which I think he was also injured).

I felt bad for the kid, and without actually going and looking up his measurables, he just looks way to small for the NFL. He looks absolutely fragile, like a high school kid on a college football field. And knowing what he'll be facing in the NFL, he needs to add about 20 lbs at least, and I'm afraid he'll never be more than an NFL backup, and probably not a very good one.

I'll continue to monitor him in the SR Bowl and such, but I'm thinking 4th or 5th round at best and in all honesty, I see more of that to come for him. I hope we stay away from him, and I'd much rather go with someone like Henne, Ainge, Woodson or JDB. Those guys played against major competition and they looked like men among boys (or at least men among other men) in their games.

Concerning the draft, I'd stay with the major colleges for my QB of the future, and wouldn't take any chances on anything less.

celtik

Brennan was simply overmatched. And Henne, Ainge and others aren't too much better.

UGA's defense made Brennan 'cry' last night.

Brennan's performance may warrant him to get picked in the fourth or fifth round..

And the Falcons have absolutely no business wasting their early draft choices on him..

And the Falcons have absolutely no business wasting their early draft choices on him..

I can totally agree with that. If he's there in the 6th, I might take him then, but only after I've drafted my starting QB in the 3rd-5th rounds.

And Henne, Ainge, etc. are much better. They have the body types to take some abuse and they play much stiffer competition on a weekly basis. There shouldn't even be a comparison between them and Brennan.

celtik