Forget about Brennen

djnowhere

Statick (1/1/2008)
I could've told you that....and I have.

Inflated stats does not a QB make.

Are you even watching the game and did you read what his post is referring to? Colt can't even get the snap in his hands before he gets hit. He is on pace to get sacked over 10 times this game. Three seconds in the pocket would be a gift to Colt right now.

That last play, the option, is indicitive of Colts night. He didn't even get a handle on the ball and take a step before having to shovel it off and took a huge hit. Then, the next play, had he held for half a second more he'd have been hit... And he only had the ball for like a second.

People will say "See, Colt sucks" and all that... No. He's getting obliterated due to bad blocking and it's throwing him off. He can't even grip the ball before someone devastating him.

Grim Truth (1/1/2008)
That last play, the option, is indicitive of Colts night. He didn't even get a handle on the ball and take a step before having to shovel it off and took a huge hit. Then, the next play, had he held for half a second more he'd have been hit... And he only had the ball for like a second.

People will say "See, Colt sucks" and all that... No. He's getting obliterated due to bad blocking and it's throwing him off. He can't even grip the ball before someone devastating him.

Anyone with common sense can tell that Hawaii's OL and defense are horribly outmatched. I honestly don't know how Colt is getting up from these hits. I've never seen a QB take a beating like this in my entire life.

Petrino is NOT my hero (1/1/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)
Guys, I hate to say I told you so. Guys out of this offense never work in the NFL. He seems like a smart kid and I'm sure he'll be okay after he graduates.

just stop.. you are making yourself sound more ridiculous now

No, I think you're doing that just fine on your own. Take a look at the game. He can't hang with the big boys, get over it. This is coming from the biggest uga hater you'll find. No one out of that offense works in the NFL, and now it's apparent it doesn't even work against the SEC.

I was just saying originally that I couldn't believe how hard he got hit. I didn't think he'd come back in. I'm impressed that he's staying in. He's getting killed in there. I don't think you can judge how bad or good he is. All we can tell is that he wouldn't survive behind our o-line.

dyoshot (1/1/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)
Guys, I hate to say I told you so. Guys out of this offense never work in the NFL. He seems like a smart kid and I'm sure he'll be okay after he graduates.

No, I think you're doing that just fine on your own. Take a look at the game. He can't hang with the big boys, get over it. This is coming from the biggest uga hater you'll find. No one out of that offense works in the NFL, and now it's apparent it doesn't even work against the SEC.

Im watching the game, and Im seeing an OL that cannot hang with Georgia, Brennan is getting destroyed. Whether or not he's good or will be a good NFL QB cannot be decided based on this game. How many times has he been hit tonight? Insanity.

dyoshot (1/1/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)

are you even watching the game........ im guessing not.. i can see no way you can blame this on colt... he is getting his ##### handed to him thanks to his freaking terrible offensive line.... just sad that everyone seems to think that one bad game in 3 years when its obviously not his fault defines his career.... you think people would have a little more common sense then this.... what kind of offense do you think the colts and patriots run by the way... its all personnel.. and Hawaii does not have good personnel around colt.. that is pretty obvious

dyoshot (1/1/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)

Who is hating on UGA!? If anything people are giving Georgia their credit. Hawaii simply isn't in the same league as them. What we're saying is that you can't judge Colt Brennan from this game because Colt is getting killed. He has less than 2 seconds in the pocket and has no chance to throw the ball. His team is so outmatched talent-wise.

Grim Truth (1/1/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)

Im watching the game, and Im seeing an OL that cannot hang with Georgia, Brennan is getting destroyed. Whether or not he's good or will be a good NFL QB cannot be decided based on this game. How many times has he been hit tonight? Insanity.

Their oline sucks, I'll agree with you. But on those picks he threw, he had a lot of time to throw, they were just bad decisions. I just think that the run and shoot is a very simple offense, and he will have a hard time adjusting to a pro style offense. I just take into account guys like Andre Ware, David Klingler, and almost every QB that played under Steve Spurrier when he was at Florida.

I like seeing the run and shoot offense during college games, I love seeing big passing plays. I just don't think it's going to work in the NFL.

dyoshot (1/2/2008)
Grim Truth (1/1/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)

Their oline sucks, I'll agree with you. But on those picks he threw, he had a lot of time to throw, they were just bad decisions. I just think that the run and shoot is a very simple offense, and he will have a hard time adjusting to a pro style offense. I just take into account guys like Andre Ware, David Klingler, and almost every QB that played under Steve Spurrier when he was at Florida.

I like seeing the run and shoot offense during college games, I love seeing big passing plays. I just don't think it's going to work in the NFL.

The first two picks were def. bad throws, I can't disagree with you, but like I said it's hard to judge him from this game when he literally is getting no time. Also, no one is expecting Colt Brennan to go in and start right away. He'll have a year to sit on the bench and learn. He has all the tools you look for in an NFL QB though.

dyoshot (1/1/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)

are you even watching the game........ im guessing not.. i can see no way you can blame this on colt... he is getting his ##### handed to him thanks to his freaking terrible offensive line.... just sad that everyone seems to think that one bad game in 3 years when its obviously not his fault defines his career.... you think people would have a little more common sense then this.... what kind of offense do you think the colts and patriots run by the way... its all personnel.. and Hawaii does not have good personnel around colt.. that is pretty obvious

Really cool that you're paying attention to the announcers. Also, by the way, the Patriots do not run the run and shoot offense, neither do the Colts. Just because you go four and five wide doesn't mean you are running a simple offense like that, the Colts offense is one of the most intricate and complicated in the NFL. Another point I want you to understand, not every team can run that four, five WR set consistently because they don't have the overall talent that the Pats and Colts do. Very easy to stretch a defense when you have Marvin Harrison, Anthony Gonzalez, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and the bunches of the Pats recievers.

It seems you and I will have to agree to disagree on this one. I've just seen guys in that offense in the past that I was impressed with, like David Klingler, Andre Ware, and they were AWFUL in the NFL. I know it may seem like I hate him, but I have nothing against him. He seems like a good story, and I was rooting for Hawaii in this game. However, I have to be honest with what I know and what I am seeing.

falconva7 (1/2/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)

Who is hating on UGA!? If anything people are giving Georgia their credit. Hawaii simply isn't in the same league as them. What we're saying is that you can't judge Colt Brennan from this game because Colt is getting killed. He has less than 2 seconds in the pocket and has no chance to throw the ball. His team is so outmatched talent-wise.

You misunderstood what I was saying. I was talking about myself being a UGA hater. I hate everything about the school, and wanted nothing more than Hawaii to blow UGA out 100-3.

after all that i saw in the first half i still want him in the 2nd round i like his quick release and we have the WR's to make plays after the catch.. Hawaii's O-line is crap imagine what he can do with a NFL coach teaching him and a NFL line that knows how to adjust. sad game but still good QB for a later round

dyoshot (1/2/2008)
Grim Truth (1/1/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)
dyoshot (1/1/2008)

heh nice... but your actually completely wrong.. the offense run in Hawaii is extremely complex... the Quaterback and receiver have to know exactly what the other one is thinking on every route... just because it is spread out... does not mean its simple.. fascinating that you think that though