colt brennan

Dustin Stevens (1/1/2008)
Do you guys not see now why we need a QB like Ainge,ryan,or even brohm over brennan?We should all know,being falcons fans,the run and shoot does not work in the nfl or sec.

Florida runs a spread not much difference and lots of teams in pros use run and shoot.Ask the pats,colts etc

Do you not see that he is on pace to get sacked 10 times in this game? Do you not see that he has less than 2 seconds to get the ball out? Do you not see how badly Hawaii is overmatched? If anything this is a wake up call that we need to fix our OL. Without pass protection I don't care what kind of offense you are running.

And a run n' shoot does work in the NFL, you just need the right personnel. The Patriots playbook is like 90% run n' shoot and their team is set up perfectly to run it.

Hard Knock (1/1/2008)
He would look the same way as tonight behind our Falcon O-line if we drafted him.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Carson Palmer would look the same way behind our offensive line. Without a solid offensive line you could have Pro Bowlers at all the skill positions and it would not matter.

This is not a good game for brennan. He can't throw down field because UGA is playing a deep zone and the D-Line is dominating at the line of scrimmage.

I also do not see this guy making it in the NFL. He has not played a high enough level of competition until tonight and you see what is happening. This guy is not ready nor will he ever be ready for what he will face in the NFL.

falconva7 (1/1/2008)
Hard Knock (1/1/2008)
He would look the same way as tonight behind our Falcon O-line if we drafted him.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Carson Palmer would look the same way behind our offensive line. Without a solid offensive line you could have Pro Bowlers at all the skill positions and it would not matter.

yes I know that I was being sarcastic

JediFalcon (1/1/2008)
Brennan does not handle defensive pressure very well. And this defense he is seeing tonight is what he will see every game in the NFL. Colt Brennan will be a career backup in the NFL. Nothing more. He reminds me of David Carr.

Are you guys joking? He has absolutely no chance to throw the ball. Even the announcers are saying the pocket collapses before Colt catches the ball in the shotgun. Hawaii's offensive linemen look like they should be playing on a high school team.

Wow this is really sad... Hawaii's offensive line is getting eaten alive. They are so badly outmatched out there. Sad that this is the way Colt's college career ends. I mean that OL has to be one of the worst I have ever seen in my life. They are in Colt's face within 2 seconds when they rush just three....

falconva7 (1/1/2008)
Do you not see that he is on pace to get sacked 10 times in this game? Do you not see that he has less than 2 seconds to get the ball out? Do you not see how badly Hawaii is overmatched? If anything this is a wake up call that we need to fix our OL. Without pass protection I don't care what kind of offense you are running.

And a run n' shoot does work in the NFL, you just need the right personnel. The Patriots playbook is like 90% run n' shoot and their team is set up perfectly to run it.

Quit reaching.

Do you guys not see now why we need a QB like Ainge,ryan,or even brohm over brennan?We should all know,being falcons fans,the run and shoot does not work in the nfl or sec.

There are always good QBs coming out every year. There isn't any franchise type QBs this year. Even if we draft a QB in 2008, he probably won't be ready to start for a couple of years so what's the point? Just like people don't like the QBs we have this year, drating one next year isn't going to fix that problem. If we start a QB before he's ready, he isn't going to amount to anything particular behind a bad OL.

I said it a month or two ago, Brennan reminds me of Joey once pressured. Another team put some pressure on him, and he made poor decisions in the pocket.

But yeah, Georgia is destroying that line. It's not even funny. It's almost a miracle if there is more than 3 seconds from the snap.

oregonsfan (1/2/2008)
Reminds me of what our QB's looked like this year behind our OL.

As others have said, this just shows what a bad OL can do to any QB. Do any of you really think Brohm, Tebow, etc., would look alot better than Brennan behind the OL we saw tonight?

thats why we need to get DJ Shockley to be the starter, and we should build both lines.

GEORGIAfan, I gotta hand it to you...you're consistent! :D

Seriously, DJ would get killed behind our OL. In fact, even after full recovery from his injury, he may lose a bit of his mobility...not a good thing, particularly if the team doesn't take the necessary steps to get an OL here than can hold for more than two or three seconds.

Ryan, Brohm maybe but Ainge no way. Angie is rated 10th among the current top QBs, he has an average arm and his completion percentage for his collage years averages around 61 or 62 percentage.

oregonsfan (1/2/2008)
GEORGIAfan, I gotta hand it to you...you're consistent! :D

Seriously, DJ would get killed behind our OL. In fact, even after full recovery from his injury, he may lose a bit of his mobility...not a good thing, particularly if the team doesn't take the necessary steps to get an OL here than can hold for more than two or three seconds.

hey what can i say. :D but really i say get a DT in the 1st either glenn dorsey or sedrick ellis. 2nd get LT( hopefully sam baker falls or some1 else falls) and a RG.

fix the Dline and Oline. start DJ or redman, and we will be a playoff team.

I agree, the lines have to be the first priority for the Falcons. As far as QB's go, I think alot will depend on who the new HC is and what offensive scheme is run. I think Redman has greatly improved his chances of catching on with an NFL team...if not the Falcons, then somewhere else. As for DJ, I'm not so sure...I'm afraid he may have taken his last snap with the Falcons. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

maybe this game will make him drop a few spots and make it easier for us to get him? more importantly, i think it showed the necessity of a good line before getting any QB. there's lots of guys out there who can manage the game if they have good protection and a solid running game.

oregonsfan (1/2/2008)
I agree, the lines have to be the first priority for the Falcons. As far as QB's go, I think alot will depend on who the new HC is and what offensive scheme is run. I think Redman has greatly improved his chances of catching on with an NFL team...if not the Falcons, then somewhere else. As for DJ, I'm not so sure...I'm afraid he may have taken his last snap with the Falcons. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Na take my word. the dude is a gamer, and remember he has a **** of an Arm. he might lose mobility, but his Arm is still the best on the team, but i doubt he loses much.

GEORGIAfan (1/2/2008)
oregonsfan (1/2/2008)

Na take my word. the dude is a gamer, and remember he has a **** of an Arm. he might lose mobility, but his Arm is still the best on the team, but i doubt he loses much.

I'm willing to take your word for it...but I'm also willing to acknowledge he was third on the depth chart here before he was injured. Now, because Petrino was the one doing the evaluating (and I don't trust him or his evaluations any farther than I could throw a piano), I'd be willing to give DJ a shot at TC and see what he had. Unfortunately, I'm not in charge of the Falcons (******!), and I'm not so sure the team is going to give him the same break I would. I think we'll know alot more about DJ's chances of at least getting to TC once we know who the new HC is.

bigduke633 (1/1/2008)

Florida runs a spread not much difference and lots of teams in pros use run and shoot.Ask the pats,colts etc

I know you have heard some of the talking heads on TV say that IND or NE use the run-n-shoot.......they are blowin' smoke up your keester. Those teams may spread the feild, but they also utilize a FB, the I formation, a TE and a power run game. That is not the Run-n-Shoot.