Brandon Coutu

atljbo

cstyle4200 (1/1/2008)
I AM GLAD THAT NONE OF U GUYS ARE IN CHARGE OF DRAFTING PLAYERS O MY GOD 4 ROUND OR EVEN 6 ROUND IS LUDACRIS BESIDES A KICKER IS THE LEAST OF OUR NEEDS

we can't make a 50yd field goal to save our lives...field goals bring points on the board too...

please get a good kicker and spend a 5th if needed on one

He suprised me. I thought after last years big injury that his leg may have lost some of its strength. I also saw him pull his hammy again against Tech and thought maybe he is too injury prone. The 52 yarder last night would have been good from 62. That thing hit the net. Being UGA alumni I would love to see him on the team. There are others kickers I would take as well.

Taylor Mehlhaff - Wisconsin

Travis Bell - Georgia Tech

Serna - Oregon State

I'd be okay with Coutu in the sixth. I think we've got an extra sixth or seventh anyways from the Rossum trade, so we might as well invest it in a kicker.

The thing that worries me is that he's not always the most accurate. 50% from more than 50 yards. Now, I know that it's rare to find a kicker who can consistently hit from that distance, but still...

Direwolf

direwolf (1/2/2008)
I'd be okay with Coutu in the sixth. I think we've got an extra sixth or seventh anyways from the Rossum trade, so we might as well invest it in a kicker.

The thing that worries me is that he's not always the most accurate. 50% from more than 50 yards. Now, I know that it's rare to find a kicker who can consistently hit from that distance, but still...

Direwolf

I thought 50% from 50 yards is pretty good....

billywitchdoctor (1/2/2008)
direwolf (1/2/2008)

Direwolf

Certainly respectable, but if we're going to spend a third or fourth (as some have suggested), I'd want better consistency than that.

I dunno; maybe I'm a bit strict on that count. Still, with a third or fourth, we could get some players who will impact the team on every play and still get a solid kicker in the sixth.

Direwolf

direwolf (1/2/2008)
billywitchdoctor (1/2/2008)
direwolf (1/2/2008)

Direwolf

Certainly respectable, but if we're going to spend a third or fourth (as some have suggested), I'd want better consistency than that.

I dunno; maybe I'm a bit strict on that count. Still, with a third or fourth, we could get some players who will impact the team on every play and still get a solid kicker in the sixth.

Direwolf

Oh ok you're saying if we were to get a kicker in the 3rd or 4th, I getcha. That's insane though, there is no kicker in this draft worth a pick that high. I agree with you about a kicker in the 6th though, Coutu should be available then.