The everybody forgot D.J. SCHOCKLEY!!!!!!!!!!!

super JL

14falcons (1/1/2008)
Nope newbie, read a few other posts and you would see we have not.

I for one am for keeping Joey as are starter, and D.J. as the backup. I also advocate letting Leftwich and Redman go. I also am currently advocating obtaining Grosman as a back-up.

DJ.jpg

lol WHAT??..joey..the quarterback who only won 3 games..u would rather him start over redman?..u do know that redman threw for more tds in a 3 game period than joey did over a 13 game period??? along with less interceptions..which obviously creates a much better rating..and then u want rex grossman????...are u even a falcon fan???

14falcons (1/1/2008)

I for one am for keeping Joey as are starter, and D.J. as the backup. I also advocate letting Leftwich and Redman go. I also am currently advocating obtaining Grosman as a back-up.

DJ.jpg

:hehe::hehe:

I think we should trade 2 first rounders to SF for Alex Smith.

I don't understand what the big deal is with Shockley. I haven't seen him play any better than average. I assume we might keep him around until his contract is out, but even for that to happen he would have to seriously improve.

And Redman DA FUTURE!

sporkdevil (1/1/2008)
14falcons (1/1/2008)

DJ.jpg

:hehe::hehe:

I think we should trade 2 first rounders to SF for Alex Smith.

I don't understand what the big deal is with Shockley. I haven't seen him play any better than average. I assume we might keep him around until his contract is out, but even for that to happen he would have to seriously improve.

And Redman DA FUTURE!

Are you serious? 2 1st rounders for Alex Smith? From what i have seen from him so far his in career, I don't think I would give up a 3rd rounder. And you can't say 'Shockley' needs to improve because we have never seen him play. He looked awesome in the preseason, was great in college, and i know college success doesn't necessarily translate into the NFL (Alex Smith) but he is an incredible athlete with great talent. Get a good QB coach and get him developed or draft Dennis Dixon in the 3rd round i think.

If he would play his style of football and stop worrying about taking over where Vick left off, he might do well enough to start for 1 year before giving up the helm to franchise QB. He pressed himself too hard this season to be something he is not....why, I have no idea but he definitely wasn't playing like himself.

You my friend are high off of the Gross-man. I would rather keep Redman than Joey. Mainly because he's been more productive with our team than Joey has. A lot less 3 and outs. ALSO think of the cap room we save with Redman.

DJ deserves a shot, his preseason was pretty good. Actually he looked better than Joey and Redman in the preseason, but since he played against 3rd stringers we need to keep a close eye on him for a real game.

Dont think DJ was behind Redman... Was he? Anyway, the Grossman & others stuff

is a terrible idea. I think keep Redman, let Leftwich & Panicboy Harrington go, save cap,

give DJ the opportunity to prove he can do it or not, and draft the kid from Boston College!!!

Then, lets get O linemen. LOTS of 'em... Perhaps a linebacker or two....

DJ warrants a look-see, but he has been a little wild throwing the ball... I agree with the

other gentlemen that DJ has been trying to be Vick, when DJ has his own game. That, or

put him out at WR, perhaps Flanker. DJ has great hands!!!

I have seen some really outlandish stuff posted, but the drop Redman to start Shockley is absolutely insane.

DJ Shockley had a terrible pre-season, he had only one good drive before he was taken down.

Redman has looked like an NFL level QB the entire time he has played. If you are so willing to drop all other QBs, especially Redman, then I flat out question your objectivity and football intelligence. This team is full of holes, Shockley has only made one good drive in the pre-season, Redman has looked like a good 2-3 year solution at QB and has done great with this team.

super JL (1/1/2008)
please forget about UGA fan i am a GT fan but, we forgot about DJ.

I think we should give him a shot next year he got good arm very good speed.

WHAT DO YOU THINK???????

P.S.

plz dont give me the UGA fan crap remember this is the falcon not UGA

thx

I did not forget his bad preseason, and how lost he looked out there at time. He need to get his hands on the new playbook asap so he'll stand a better chance, elsewise I see him getting cut.

14falcons (1/1/2008)

:w00t: Thank god your not the GM.

The Falcon Ace (1/2/2008)
I have seen some really outlandish stuff posted, but the drop Redman to start Shockley is absolutely insane.

DJ Shockley had a terrible pre-season, he had only one good drive before he was taken down.

Redman has looked like an NFL level QB the entire time he has played. If you are so willing to drop all other QBs, especially Redman, then I flat out question your objectivity and football intelligence. This team is full of holes, Shockley has only made one good drive in the pre-season, Redman has looked like a good 2-3 year solution at QB and has done great with this team.

Well said.

Shockley hasn't done anything that qualifies him to be memorable.

DJ has never established himself as a better QB than Joey or Chris.

DJ doesn't have any real NFL experience: carrying the clipboard does not count.

Would it be a nice story for DJ to come back from a serious injury and make the team? Yes

Is it likely to happen? Perhaps. We'll see next spring.

We'll draft our QB of the future in later rounds and DJ can compete with Joey for the backup spot.

Byron and his $4 million contract and peanut-brittle ankles can go.

Also: SAY NO TO GROSSMAN.