Question

Friends of mine about who should the Falcons take if they pick fifth (worst case scenario). When I look at the Falcons their weakness are (in order)

OL- Petrino really messed this one up, but Blalock looks like a keeper

DL- Abraham gets hurt too much, Rod Coleman isn't getting younger and injuried, couldn't tell you any other DT, and Jamal Anderson looked terrible all year

QB- Chris Redman looked great the last few games, but a lot of that was done a against either subpar defenses or teams resting for the playoffs. That Tampa Bay game scares me. But he looks like someone who can play

RB- I love Norwood, but something is not right. How come he only gets 9 to 10 carries a game. If McFadden isn't in this draft this might not be a question.

WR- White finally got this season, Jenkins the jury is still out, Robinson is ok. Can't imagine them picking a WR (Limas Sweed)

The sticking point for me seems to be the Raiders, but they have Fargas and Michael Bush. McFadden seems like an ideal fit. Al Davis loves guys like him. But Oak needs help on both lines. If Kiffin stays at Oak don't be shocked if Ellis or Jackson from USC isn't the pick. I'd be happy for Long or Baker from USC. And of course McFadden. But I think picking fifth isn't all that bad. Just trying to be sure I've rationalized this correctly.

I'm not sure in Norwood, I don't see him not wanting the ball more. his average per carry is twice that of Dunn. I think he needs to be the reggie bush and we need a heavy HB or a faster TB to take "a few" carries, and let Norwood get the Lions share. But do we take McFadden?, I don't know. That's alot to pass on...LOL.

Forget McFadden.

Sign...

Michael Turner, UFA, San Diego Chargers

Turner will hit the market, likely at the top of the available running backs list. Many teams will be interested in the services of The Burner. Turner would have a chance to start for some NFL teams, but in San Diego he sees limited action behind the stellar LaDainian Tomlinson. He ll soon turn just 26 years of age and has averaged more than five yards per carry over the past three seasons. He s been especially limited this season because of the play of Tomlinson. However, with two career runs over 70 yards as a backup, including an 83-yard touchdown in 05, Turner has shown that he can be a breakaway force on the field. He ll get big dollars from a team looking for a new number one option.

31937_282wh.jpg

14falcons (1/1/2008)
Forget McFadden.

Sign...

Michael Turner, UFA, San Diego Chargers

Turner will hit the market, likely at the top of the available running backs list. Many teams will be interested in the services of The Burner. Turner would have a chance to start for some NFL teams, but in San Diego he sees limited action behind the stellar LaDainian Tomlinson. He ll soon turn just 26 years of age and has averaged more than five yards per carry over the past three seasons. He s been especially limited this season because of the play of Tomlinson. However, with two career runs over 70 yards as a backup, including an 83-yard touchdown in 05, Turner has shown that he can be a breakaway force on the field. He ll get big dollars from a team looking for a new number one option.

31937_282wh.jpg

That's a good choice since almost everyone wanted us to go after him last year as a RFA. He's UFA this year so we should go get him. Address the lines in the free agency and draft.