One thing is apparent after Florida's loss today

savwboy9

Their offensive line has major work needed too. They've got a lot of conditioning in the offseason.

Harvey is going to leave this year, so I'm wondering who is going to step up for him. If no changed are made in the secondary, they will make it 2 years straight without a BCS bowl bid.

Beau J (1/1/2008)
Their offensive line has major work needed too. They've got a lot of conditioning in the offseason.

Harvey is going to leave this year, so I'm wondering who is going to step up for him. If no changed are made in the secondary, they will make it 2 years straight without a BCS bowl bid.

We will miss Harvey but as long as the secondary is better UF should be fine defensively.

That secondary is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Oh and obviously UF needs a real RB. Harvin shouldn't be wasting energy as a RB.

busboyisback (1/1/2008)
Beau J (1/1/2008)

We will miss Harvey but as long as the secondary is better UF should be fine defensively.

That secondary is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Oh and obviously UF needs a real RB. Harvin shouldn't be wasting energy as a RB.

I agree. They were able to utilize his speed but they need a RB that can go between the tackles and get some tough yards instead of asking Tebow to do that.

the other thing that is apparent after this year is that uf was an overrated overhyped team coming into the year..  they have more than just defense back issues..  i didn't see many plays by the linebackers either in this game.. hart and manningham had some very good yardage on the ground..  that oline needs some work.. they got pressure when they didn't blitz pretty easily with their front 4 in the game.

We were thin up the middle to begin with at DT and had several injuries during the season which hurt. We'll get deeper and more experienced in that area as well as the 2ndary.

Brandon Spikes was all over the place so I have no probs with the LB's.

Help is on the way offensively on the o-line and by way of Emmanuel Moody. Can't wait to see him running the rock...

capologist (1/1/2008)
We were thin up the middle to begin with at DT and had several injuries during the season which hurt. We'll get deeper and more experienced in that area as well as the 2ndary.

Help is on the way offensively on the o-line and by way of Emmanuel Moody. Can't wait to see him running the rock...

The announcer kept saying you guys were thin at D-Line why injuries or academic ineligibly?

capologist (1/1/2008)

explain more experienced?  what you guys importing some experienced interior guys? 

SacFalcFan (1/1/2008)

explain more experienced? what you guys importing some experienced interior guys?

Well, since they played this season, they'll most likely learn from it as most players do and they'll also have the entire offseason program as well as spring practice as well. When your bottom end depth gets PT, it's obviously better than having guys who haven't played.

Just the normal progression stuff. I don't believe we have any JUCO's coming in at DT...