Future QB

Ainge doesnt have an NFL arm, and doesnt command the respect in the huddle that you need from and NFL QB.

Chad Henne is the guy if we go round 2. He looks great today, but his guys are dropping balls and fumbling all day. Tiis game would be ugly if the MICH offense (besides Mario M.) would do something to help Henne.

I have nothing against Ainge, but 4th round is about where he is being projected. I think his arm strength is the area most are saying his is the weakest.

Henne is an interesting guy. Might not be a bad pick up either, but still not sure if our second round pick would be worth that guy. 3rd round maybe? Not that we need a gigantic guy, but he isn't the tallest out there. Nor is he speedy. He does have a ton of experience and a strong arm. Rated as one of the top 10 Qbs in the draft, as high as 5th.

1989fan (1/1/2008)
Ainge doesnt have an NFL arm, and doesnt command the respect in the huddle that you need from and NFL QB.

1. His arm is definitely strong enough.

2. How can you possibly know how much respect he commands? I'm curious on that one.

He's performed well this year and I expect him to do well at the combines too.

I'm all for taking him with a 2nd if all the workouts go well...

During the game today, they said McShay had him rated as the 10th best senior prospect at the position. This is exactly what I expected to happen. People kept saying he was a second rounder, but I knew that as soon as people evaluated the game tape, his stock would plummet. News-Sentinel beat writers gave his game performances an average of C+ during the year. He's not very good, but it's hidden by the fact that he has the best offensive line in recent college football history. UT gave up 4 sacks on the year. The second best line, Rutgers, gave up 9. Ainge had all day and all night in the pocket, but he didn't do anywhere near enough for it and single-handedly wiped us out against LSU.

Ainge is pyrite.